Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jordao and Neto

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Considering things are looking promising and the rumours seem to be picking up... I thought the pair could do with their own thread!

From what I’ve seen of the pair, they are hugely talented and have a lot of promise. Fit the mould of playing for the u23, but have the ability to step up if required. Thoughts!?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Considering things are looking promising and the rumours seem to be picking up... I thought the pair could do with their own thread!

From what I’ve seen of the pair, they are hugely talented and have a lot of promise. Fit the mould of playing for the u23, but have the ability to step up if required. Thoughts!?

if its 20mil for the two then I would suggest bench/1st teamers ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are to purchase them for 20m after Lazio have took them for braga its a big fee to waiver but could be similar to vinagre. Lazio need money seemingly - and a few bits of internet scouring see that barca and united were linked before they went to Lazio.
They are both Portugal u20 players - and we would be building an army of Portuguese. Guessing if It is true they would rotate been u23s and first team as signing them wouldn't fit the 18 squad which nuno is claiming

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The under 23s need some quality, older players to compete in a harder league this season.

These 2 fit the bill perfectly and could easily make the step up to cover in the first team if required.

It's a lot of money to spend on U23 players, but you get what you pay for quality-wise.

I'd rather do it this way than spend a lot more on wages for a senior backup player that might not get a game.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both are regulars for Portuguese youth teams, Jordao is a centre midfielder and Neto is a forward. Neto was pursued by Arsenal and Barcelona before joining Lazio for 26m euros in a double deal with Jordao, Arsenal and Barcelona were both prepared to offer 15m euros for Neto when he was 17.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Interesting.

With Lazio needing the money I doubt we would be paying that much for non-first team players.......but perhaps they're throwing Wallace in too?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The under 23s need some quality, older players to compete in a harder league this season.

These 2 fit the bill perfectly and could easily make the step up to cover in the first team if required.

It's a lot of money to spend on U23 players, but you get what you pay for quality-wise.

I'd rather do it this way than spend a lot more on wages for a senior backup player that might not get a game.
For 10 mil each I would've thought these guys would spend 95% with the 1st team surely

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ALCIOMERCATO LAZIO - In England they have no doubts: the transfer of Pedro Neto and Bruno Jordao to Wolverhampton is practically already done. It could be made official during the weekend. According to the Radiosei press review, the transfer of the two Portuguese boys to the English club would bring about € 20 million to the Lazio coffers. It seems that Mendes once again managed to keep his word and find a place for his two pupils. The agent had had contacts first with Benfica, then with the Monaco. The agreement, however, took shape only with Wolverhampton. In the next three days, therefore, the final farewell could be pronounced. In any case, to conclude the deal, there is time until August 8th, when the English market will close.

Wallace - neto - jordao for c.26m if you think the journo reports are right

It is 20m euros not that our currency is looking great atm - but c.£18m sterling

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both are regulars for Portuguese youth teams, Jordao is a centre midfielder and Neto is a forward. Neto was pursued by Arsenal and Barcelona before joining Lazio for 26m euros in a double deal with Jordao, Arsenal and Barcelona were both prepared to offer 15m euros for Neto when he was 17.

Neto looks like a left-footed version of Jota and Jordao, a young Moutinho.

Would be great backup to both those players.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I like the set up- I can watch both at the same time !!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't they only just moved to Lazio for big money, why would we buy them?

Where's the links?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On an interesting note - Neto played in the Portugal u20 world cup with Vinagre , Gedson Fernandes, Rafael Laeo.

Vinagre would know both of them.

Jordao played with Jota at U21.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
I wonder if this would be the ‘2’ more? ...or an additional 2?

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me this akin to the Wallace rumours, I just don't see it at happening personally it just seems like either Agent/Club talk to drum up interest or lazy journalism.

It could happen of course but it just doesn't seem like our type of signings IMO

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me this akin to the Wallace rumours, I just don't see it at happening personally it just seems like either Agent/Club talk to drum up interest or lazy journalism.

It could happen of course but it just doesn't seem like our type of signings IMO

I agree as per my first initial comments would be a strange signing on wolves behalf, and would certainly be a mendes push in our direction after Monaco, Benfica, etc.

On a side note how many Portuguese players do you think we need..

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if this would be the ‘2’ more? ...or an additional 2?
Would be amazed if they were the 2. Neto looks a player but not sure he would be thrown in the first team fold straight away

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
They'll be for the U23s if it happens.

We won't pay that much but we'll certainly be happy to take on any quality.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit i havent seen anything about this anywhere,but if true sounds like our sort of deal
2 young and upcoming talents, around the same age as Jota Vinagre Neves were when they came,could be the next generation squad while integrating with the present one,everyone is so young its hard to call it now lol
If Wallace is part of the deal we can live with that i guess,bit of a Miranda type but could be useful for a season or two

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These will be the players they can put under the U23 umbrella and then 'transfer' straight away to the 1st team. Didnt Jeff say they would do this. Probably a way around the FFP limitations. You wouldnt spend this much on players to develop or go out on loan

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't they only just moved to Lazio for big money, why would we buy them?

Mendes ay it.

Seriously though, it looks like both have been on 2 year loans from Braga to Lazio, that converted to a permanent on 1st July. So yes, officially they have just signed, but they've been there a while.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I actually see it as more likely than Wallace. Two portuguese youth internationals that they can develop like Vinagre seems like our sort of signing tbh.

Not saying it's not clubs drumming up interest but wouldn't suprise me.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Given their age, their positions and lack of first-team experience, is it beyond the realms of possibility that we sign them as "investments" and send them straight out on loan somewhere (Sporting perhaps)?

Reaction score
Personally I am happy where ever our players come from as long as they are good enough, but what are the rules if any in the number of foreign players rather than home grown that are allowed in the squad.

Also once we have brexited does that cause any issues on numbers.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree as per my first initial comments would be a strange signing on wolves behalf, and would certainly be a mendes push in our direction after Monaco, Benfica, etc.

On a side note how many Portuguese players do you think we need..
It's a fair question, but one answer would be, plenty; that is if players from there have better ball control than our homegrown players. I would imagine you can build up physique if needed but trying install skill at the ages of circa20 might not be so achievable.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I am happy where ever our players come from as long as they are good enough, but what are the rules if any in the number of foreign players rather than home grown that are allowed in the squad.

At the moment for a squad of 25 you can have 17 'non homegrown' (trained elsewhere but england and wales I believe) but u21s don't need to be registered in those numbers.

But foreign players are often 'homegrown' because the rule is 3 years at a club in england/wales betwen 15/21. Hence that Doherty is homegrown and Vinagre should be after next season.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can anyone, I mean anyone who loves football, loves the club and has even an average intelligence and still culturally aware not see what happening?

We are building a club that is here to stay. Just like Chelsea, United, City, have done in the past and are still there.

The signing of these two will be quite a statement.
Buying a so called marquee player is a sop to vanity. Building a juggernaut, slowly but efficiently is not.

Just stop, think, and absorb.

I sometimes feel this club is slowly getting too big for Wolverhampton. But, fortunately, Geography means a lot less nowadays.
Wolves will be global. And it's not just a ****ing Cliche'.

'nough said, anyone who cannot see it, will never understand. It's too late for them.

Y

Yout85

How can anyone, I mean anyone who loves football, loves the club and has even an average intelligence and still culturally aware not see what happening?

We are building a club that is here to stay. Just like Chelsea, United, City, have done in the past and are still there.

Just stop, think, and absorb.

I think this club is slowly getting too big for Wolverhampton. But, fortunately, Geography means a lot less nowadays.
Wolves will be global. And it's not just a ****ing Cliche'.

'nough said, anyone who cannot see it, will never understand. It's too late for them.

Simple really.... the people constantly bitching have way below average intelligence... and just can't see the bleeding, blindingly obvious.

It won't be long before the next poorly spelt tirade, branding us "disgraceful" and "shocking", without a hint of punctuation appears. Then I, and you and every other sensible person will read it, smile and move on. And feel suitably superior.

(Scans for spelling mistakes to avoid ridicule........ that'll do)

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Wallace it could just be lazy “lets link them to wolves because of mendes”

However unlike Wallace these two are both youngsters, Neto was interesting Barca/Arsenal before the Lazio move, both in Portugal’s youth set ups so they seem more realistic links to us.

If we could assemble an U23 squad of players who are of a neto, jordao, vinagre & gibbs-white standard like Monaco/Benfica/At. Madrid all do we would be laughing all the way to the bank as clubs would pay ridiculous fee’s for players who aren't even regular first teamer’s for us that we may no longer want as well as us being covered for injuries to a small squad as the gap in quality would no longer be a massive gulf like it currently is.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you asking these loaded questions because you would like an answer, or as a critique?

Here are the answers anyway:
1. you can have a maximum of 17 players in a squad that are NOT homegrown. So if we have a squad of 20 then only 3 need be homegrown.
2. Once YOU have brexited there are going to be a lot of issues that need to be addressed. Technically, if the promises made by YOUR government up till now, and if a deal is in place, those EU citizens already staying in the UK can continue as before Brexit. Hopefully this also applies to football players. This is still in a fluid state. Because to tell you the truth I do not think anyone knows what the hell is happening, and what will happen. A lot will depend on what deal is actually reached with the EU if at all. Also what future relationship the intact UK (another pandora's box) has with the rest of the EEA (EU + Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein) as well as Switzerland. I wouldn't dare make a forecast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom