Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jordan Rhoades

lonewolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Available according to the Sun. Manager doesn't get on with him. Worth a shout

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Left out of the Middlesbro squad today with reports that Karanke is happy for him to leave. He cost Boro £9m in January and if we had to pay that to get him I think it would be worth it. With him in our strike force and some additional quality in midfield we could become real promotion contenders.

D

Deleted member 3518

Left out of the Middlesbro squad today with reports that Karanke is happy for him to leave. He cost Boro £9m in January and if we had to pay that to get him I think it would be worth it. With him in our strike force and some additional quality in midfield we could become real promotion contenders.

Agree, but very much doubt it'll happen unfortunately.

E

Essex Wolf

Agree, but very much doubt it'll happen unfortunately.
Never say never mate but tend to agree.
Having now listened to some of the interviews WZ has made he certainly seems to want another striker if I've understood him correctly.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
We have to get at least one more quality striker on the books before the window closes.

Bodvarson looks a class player to me but with Dicko still finding his way back and Mason as the only other cover, we're still very short up front.

...btw leaving us stuffed up front for so long is one of the things I'll remember Laurel and Hardy for. #bitter

E

Essex Wolf

I'd be very surprised, amazed even SFW if Wolves didn't sign at least one more forward. A fully fit Dicko if he can return as good as he was will be a massive boost but it's one hell of a risk to rely on him coming back and being the player he was straight away and for what's a long season.

D

Deleted member 4008

Has he signed yet . Actually has anyone signed yet today :)

OC11

Reaction score
Different type of player to what Zenga seems to want. He doesn't close down, very much stays in and around the box. Brilliant championship player but doubt we'd be interested.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just not a striker that has ever really impressed me when I have seen him against us.
Proven at this level I suppose though.

ladywolf

Reaction score
No sure we'd get him but he'd be a great signing, he's not bad looking too :)

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Rhodes has a tremedous scoring record in the Championship over the past 5 years and I would love it if we signed him.
Personally I would rather we signed him than Martin. The problem is we would have to pay IMO at least £10M to land him.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly proven enough at this level that he'd been a good signing for us and a signal of intent. He seems to have lost his way a touch from the days when he was tearing teams apart in this league. Was OK for Boro last year. I like to think that under WZ he could get him back to his best. Is he to similar to JBD though, could they play together?

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just done a search on here and we were first linked with him in 2009. There have been countless threads about him since. Could this be the time something happens?

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This seems to be a second thread on Jordan Rhodes, anyway...

To be fair Rhodes has a tremedous scoring record in the Championship over the past 5 years and I would love it if we signed him.
Personally I would rather sign him than Martin. The problem is we would have to pay IMO at least £10M to land him.

R

reanswolf

My thoughts too - very similar to Bod so not sure how they would get on.
Still need centre back and another quality midfielder, a good passing one like MacDonald at Fulham :)-

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never heard of him lol.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd likely go to another tiny Premiership club that squirms around the bottom five every single year. Albion, for instance.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I saw a well written post earlier on another thread which said that Dicko scored as heavily as Rhodes, if you took penalties off Rhodes' total!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy with him but if he ends up at Villa/Newcastle I don't really care, no other club is going to pay what it takes to get him. Maybe we sign Martin for £6-7m and Derby then have funds to sign Rhodes for £12m odd?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Woburn Wolf there was another Rhodes thread posted 25 minutes before this one, mods can these be merged to avoid confusion!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his post match interview today, Karanke said Rhodes was going nowhere and this was all a journalist story with no substance.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might have kept the thread with the correct spelling though!

D

Deleted member 4456

My hyperlexia is triggered.

Rhodes may be worth it on a season long loan, but the fee he would command is a no-go for me.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rhodes. No thank you. We can and will do better than a player who disappears when the going gets tough.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a very good Championship goal record granted, albeit including a lot of pens.

But there's a reason he is not playing regularly in the Prem and why no Prem sides have bought him over the last few years.

This type of striker is becoming a bit of a luxury in today's game. Modern strikers have a more rounded all-round game than an old-school 'fox in the box' type.

He would struggle to play as a focal point like Bod does as he does not link the play very well.

If we spent the £10m it would take to get him, he would have to be first choice and I'm not sure he would improve the team. Boro were far more successful with Kike or Stuani up top than Rhodes last year. I would much rather have our big Icelander with Dicko buzzing off him and Mason plus another big man (eg. Sylla) as backup.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to get at least one more quality striker on the books before the window closes.

Bodvarson looks a class player to me but with Dicko still finding his way back and Mason as the only other cover, we're still very short up front.

...btw leaving us stuffed up front for so long is one of the things I'll remember Laurel and Hardy for. #bitter

Totally agree. A new striker is needed in the next week along with others.

Back
Top Bottom