Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54- Ref Watch v West Ham

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I make it potentially 11!

Man Utd (A)- Clear penalty not given in added time. Possibly 1 point.
Luton (A)- Penalty given against us for a handball that wasn’t. 2 points.
Newcastle (H)- Penalty to Newcastle which was an appalling decision in a 2-2 draw. 2 points.
Sheff Utd (A)- Terrible last minute penalty against us. 1 point.
Fulham (A)- Where to start! Two penalties given to them which weren’t. Two red cards missed which would have meant playing the last 15 minutes against 9 men. Maybe 3 points?!
Man Utd (H)- Another penalty not given after Onana clatters a player. 1 point.
West Ham (H)- Awful decision to disallow last minute equaliser. 1 point.

I know it’s all ifs and buts but come on; this isn’t just incompetence at this point is it?
Let me just play devil's advocate here.

Man Utd - definite pen, obviously no guarantee we score it, but likely a point, statistically 0.76 I think.
Luton - very cross about this one at the time, largely down to selecting a PE teacher from down the road as the ref. A lot of what was said was right, some was not, the deflection onto the arm is not entirely a get out. Also there's 25 minutes left and we only have 10 men, so no guarantee we hang on.
Newcastle - the ridiculous cheating penalty puts us behind but we equalise, would we have scored if we'd been level? Who knows, impossible to say if it cost us two points.
Sheff U - yes, very poor decision given by homer ref, cost us a point almost no doubt.
Fulham - as you say, chaos, who knows, our pen wasn't exactly cast iron either, shambles, maybe cost us 1 point or 3, who knows?
Man U (H) so much again, but Neto got a pen for a dive, so hard to feel too aggrieved.
West Ham - easily the worst decision of the lot for me, maybe it's just the most raw? Definitely a point there though.

So I'd say 4 points pretty certainly. After that really it's anyone's guess.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Man Utd - definite pen, obviously no guarantee we score it, but likely a point, statistically 0.76 I think.
Luton - very cross about this one at the time, largely down to selecting a PE teacher from down the road as the ref. A lot of what was said was right, some was not, the deflection onto the arm is not entirely a get out. Also there's 25 minutes left and we only have 10 men, so no guarantee we hang on.
Newcastle - the ridiculous cheating penalty puts us behind but we equalise, would we have scored if we'd been level? Who knows, impossible to say if it cost us two points.
Sheff U - yes, very poor decision given by homer ref, cost us a point almost no doubt.
Fulham - as you say, chaos, who knows, our pen wasn't exactly cast iron either, shambles, maybe cost us 1 point or 3, who knows?
Man U (H) so much again, but Neto got a pen for a dive, so hard to feel too aggrieved.
West Ham - easily the worst decision of the lot for me, maybe it's just the most raw? Definitely a point there though.

Even 4 points and we’d be 2 points off 6th. I don’t disagree with what you’re saying about ifs and buts but no one can say poor decisions hasn’t had a big impact on our season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes...

On Wolves website
I suspect that was written some while ago awaiting the next PGMOL farcical decision. While l am no fan of Shi this is something that had to be done - enough is enough.

Bring on FA charges, our multi-billion owners will have better lawyers - Citeh have shown how to do it....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who can blame ONeil, the players being furious. These officials have ruined what could have been a really good season. No wonder he was in that clowns changing room demanding answers yesterday as there is zero accountability from these officials, unlike in other sports like cricket and rugby. No doubt Gary will be charged and probably the club as the FA and Premier League are a cosy club and will be quick to stamp down on our understandable outrage. It just blows my mind that officials have cost us potentially around 9 or 10 points this season. Just sit back and think about that. Ten ****ing points. We would have been comfortably in a European place. No other club has suffered such blatant errors on such a grand scale. I would ban Webb from Molineux to be honest and would be demanding answers about just what Robinson and Harrington were doing yesterday and valid reasons for this.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious the club have had enough and if Gary gets in trouble, which he likely will, the club will back him up.
If wouldn't surprise me if behind the scenes, the club are going to have a few choice words with the PL and ask them which court they prefer.
Enough is enough.
Not just for Wolves, but football in general, VAR is not fit for purpose and has no place in the game.
Touchline tech, fine, it's quick and simple. But anything that brings opinion into it has to be binned.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares, he was right

You can be right, but there is a way of speaking with and dealing with referees that doesn’t involve your removal when speaking with them……

He is right, but these kinds of actions and words see him given a fine and/or a touchline ban.

So we could be short of a load of players and missing our manager too.

So I care!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The onfield decision was originally a goal.

Referee gave it and there was no linesman’s flag. No protests whatsoever from West Ham players or David Moyes. MOTD pundits agreed it was a goal and Wrighty said he was gutted for us.

Oh, wait a minute, some jobsworth named Tim Robinson in a studio 100 odd miles away, says check the TV monitor. ‘It’s Wolves again and they’re used to it’, crossed my mind!

Having attended 100’s, maybe 1000’s of matches and watched as many on TV, I have never seen a goal disallowed in those circumstances, not one, abroad or in this country, domestic or international.

Has any body else?
No, and I too must have seen thousands

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it’s not. At what point does the club say enough is enough? It’s pretty clear from things he said, that around the turn of the year Gary reached the end of his tether with PGMOL, and then things improved. Unless you believe in massive coincidences or warm hearted officials, then it suggests the club was prepared to act and made this clear in private. On the basis today has seen them back to their old ways, and they had their final warning already, then it’s time for action.

The actions of officials have cost us more than 10 points this season. That’s more than any of the clubs which have broken PSR rules. Just based on prize money alone, that’s likely to cost us 10m+, which is plenty to go after in damages. Add in reputational damages, failure to qualify for Europe, and emotional damages, and there are tens of millions for lawyers to seek. A successful case would open the floodgates to other clubs, and this whole house of cards will collapse.

To add, I’ve since seen Jeff’s quotes and I fully agree. Hopefully by saying that, someone in authority will take notice, but I won’t hold my breath. I am also hoping that this public statement is backed by a strong private warning to the authorities that the club will not tolerate the poor officiating and bias any more. The equivalent of a letter before action if you like.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabianski is in a different ****ing postcode to the ball following Kilmans header. He wouldn’t be saving that without a taxi and Mr Tickle arms and nor would any keeper in the world
It’s a goal in any game st any level without the VAR interference. Abysmal. Ruined my weekend too .

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
You can be right, but there is a way of speaking with and dealing with referees that doesn’t involve your removal when speaking with them……

He is right, but these kinds of actions and words see him given a fine and/or a touchline ban.

So we could be short of a load of players and missing our manager too.

So I care!
Are you still saying the goal was correctly disallowed?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To add, I’ve since seen Jeff’s quotes and I fully agree. Hopefully by saying that, someone in authority will take notice, but I won’t hold my breath. I am also hoping that this public statement is backed by a strong private warning to the authorities that the club will not tolerate the poor officiating and bias any more. The equivalent of a letter before action if you like.
I have just read what he said on the official website -- he is spot on and it needed saying from the top of the club. Well said Jeff. Let's hear your reply, Mr Webb, and yours, the FA

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you still saying the goal was correctly disallowed?

I disagree with it being disallowed….. was against the spirit of the game and sport. I always did, I should have led off with that in hindsight….. so a **** up on my part….

My whole argument is and was, I can see how they have done it, I can see the bull**** they will use to excuse it.

I was just raised from playing rugby, that if there is the chance the referee can make a bad decision but have a law to hide behind when they make it then you kind of have to accept that you allowed the referee to make the bad decision and no amount of screaming and shouting is going to change his mind. As to him, he has used the law to make the decision.

It was wrong, shouldn’t have happened, but it did and they are and will be hiding behind the law book. So in their eyes, publically at this moment in time they are backing the decision. Let’s see what media and ex-player comments does over the coming days and the ludicrous decision is called out for what it was and the politician Howard Webb, makes himself look like the man of the people and chastises the decision on his TV show……..

but we all know nothing will happen. Nothing……

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What gets me is those two idiots yesterday have ruined weekends for some people who care passionately about their club. It is just so wrong on so many levels. Zero accountability is what really gets me. They just trot off into the sunset and maybe get a week at some poor *******s who have to suffer them in the Championship. The whole system is a farce and an embarrassment. Rugby and Cricket put these people to shame.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club will be able to find hundreds (yes, hundreds) of occasions in the second phase where a player has been in front of the goalkeeper, even closer than yesterday, when offside has not been given. Either goalkicks will have been given or goals, depending on where the attacker headed/shot finished.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves have scored their last 26 penalties, so I’ll take a point at United ta

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Wolves have scored their last 26 penalties, so I’ll take a point at United ta
Is this PL? Have we had 26 since Raul missed in the Europa League? That's the last miss I remember, but can't believe we've had 26 since?

Actually I can't believe we've had anywhere near 26 PL penalties, top flight??

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Sure that was the stat on motd last night
Missed that, I had to look and the best I think I can find (depending on what you count) is 24 in the league, going back to Ruben missing in that disaster of a game at Bramall Lane. Could be 26 in the league though, which is quite something to be fair, remember a time when it felt about 50/50.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** the FA. They are a joke.
How can you say that Jos when you surely must know that they are experts on the game as opposed to managers, players, ex players, etc. who obviously know nothing about the game at all?
I do think that Fabianski should be punished by the FA for not screaming immediately that he had been impeded which made it harder for the so called aministrators of the game to disallow the goal.
Lastly Jos why do you think they are called the FA? :eek: :rolleyes:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missed that, I had to look and the best I think I can find (depending on what you count) is 24 in the league, going back to Ruben missing in that disaster of a game at Bramall Lane. Could be 26 in the league though, which is quite something to be fair, remember a time when it felt about 50/50.
I was wrong it’s 23! Still impressive and we would have scored at United

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my two questions....
1no . can someone be off side from a corner?
2no. if a goalie stands behind any defender, a goal can't be scored?
1. Second phase, so not from a corner.
2. Not sure what you mean.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Second phase, so not from a corner.
2. Not sure what you mean.
sorry........ no2 was me being sarcastic:).

from the official FA. web site

3. No offence

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
  • a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3. No offence

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick
Do they mean though the player who scores cannot be oe offside? Like most of their rules it leaves room for doubt.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an alternative universe the goal is given (as many similar others have been), West Ham protest on the basis of offside & unsighting the GK & the PGMOL justify allowing the goal. If the rules/laws are that slack & open to interpretation, you might just as well wait for the results at 5.00pm & give the actual game a miss. All the cathartic fun has been sucked out of the match day experience.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
If this is the way they want to implement the offside laws then almost every header from a corner will be disallowed if there are any attackers near a goalkeeper.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this PL? Have we had 26 since Raul missed in the Europa League? That's the last miss I remember, but can't believe we've had 26 since?

Actually I can't believe we've had anywhere near 26 PL penalties, top flight??
25 league penalties in a row converted from what I've just counted on transfermarkt! Going back to Neves' miss in the Championship at Sheff Utd

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all, it was a terrible decision. Probably worse than the penalty at Bramall Lane which is some going.
I think one of the problems is that the still footage from behind the goal is delivered at such an angle that it doesn’t make it clear that Fabianski had a clear view of the ball as Max headed it. Given the relative heights of Max (jumping), Chirewa and Fabianski, there is no way the keeper had his vision blocked.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3. No offence

• a goal kick
  • a throw-in
  • a corner kick

Why can you still be offside from free kicks, but not the 3 set pieces above? I've often wondered that.

Also, at corners, couldn't defenders all rush forward from the moment the ball touches a player after the corner? Hence making every attacker offside, unless they all sprint backwards. OK, would be risky from a regular corner , but for short corners could be possible and would get attackers offside every time - unless they also run back making them less threatening.

Back
Top Bottom