Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54- Ref Watch v West Ham

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
25 league penalties in a row converted from what I've just counted on transfermarkt! Going back to Neves' miss in the Championship at Sheff Utd

Yes, thanks I did sort of work out it was league games since that very wet night in Sheffield! That is a hell of a record, although I did see that the conversion rate in the PL is higher now they're stricter on keepers staying on the line. Still a great record though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why can you still be offside from free kicks, but not the 3 set pieces above? I've often wondered that.

Also, at corners, couldn't defenders all rush forward from the moment the ball touches a player after the corner? Hence making every attacker offside, unless they all sprint backwards. OK, would be risky from a regular corner , but for short corners could be possible and would get attackers offside every time - unless they also run back making them less threatening.
All behind the ball at a corner for a start.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can you still be offside from free kicks, but not the 3 set pieces above? I've often wondered that.

Also, at corners, couldn't defenders all rush forward from the moment the ball touches a player after the corner? Hence making every attacker offside, unless they all sprint backwards. OK, would be risky from a regular corner , but for short corners could be possible and would get attackers offside every time - unless they also run back making them less threatening.

If they all rushed forward when the ball was kicked for a corner, then the player receiving the ball could just bring it down and have a one on one with the keeper. It's the second phase where it's offside, not from the initial kick

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree with it being disallowed….. was against the spirit of the game and sport. I always did, I should have led off with that in hindsight….. so a **** up on my part….

My whole argument is and was, I can see how they have done it, I can see the bull**** they will use to excuse it.

I was just raised from playing rugby, that if there is the chance the referee can make a bad decision but have a law to hide behind when they make it then you kind of have to accept that you allowed the referee to make the bad decision and no amount of screaming and shouting is going to change his mind. As to him, he has used the law to make the decision.

It was wrong, shouldn’t have happened, but it did and they are and will be hiding behind the law book. So in their eyes, publically at this moment in time they are backing the decision. Let’s see what media and ex-player comments does over the coming days and the ludicrous decision is called out for what it was and the politician Howard Webb, makes himself look like the man of the people and chastises the decision on his TV show……..

but we all know nothing will happen. Nothing……
Some revisionism there.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they all rushed forward when the ball was kicked for a corner, then the player receiving the ball could just bring it down and have a one on one with the keeper. It's the second phase where it's offside, not from the initial kick

Yeah, I mean from the instant that a player of either side touches the ball once the corner taken. Difficult to get right. But from short corners, I think it could be possible. Thinking about it, I've seen this done and attackers caught miles offside. Mostly defenders just stay back.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That said our record against the current top 8 is 3 2 8
With Arsenal Liverpool and City still to come
Those wins were Spurs and City. Draws with villa and Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom