Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Injury

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Looks like he tweaked his medial collateral ligament to me.

If it’s just a tweak he might be lucky...

Fingers crossed.

Does anyone have an update?

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Waiting on the dr Nuno said - I think they fly on Sunday so chance to access it before then.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That diagnosis is superb. Yome fantastic.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I criticised Jonny first half of the season, probably unfairly, because he's actually had a good season. Too big a game to risk him if carrying an injury.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The leg brace looked scary... but the fact he was standing on it and part of the huddle, and not rush to hospital more promising

Maybe its precautionary, but at the same time Nuno said 'not good'

Sounds like the tweak of the ligaments is more accurate, which would probably be a couple of weeks if we had to guess. So if we get past Sevilla outside chance of the Semi Final and back for the final?

Complete guesswork based on subjective evidence but I'm hopefully its not too bad, but out of the next one most likely

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See you next season I think if its ligaments not worry the risk with only a short break between seasons

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He certainly won’t be playing Tuesday that’s for sure.

Massive shame as he is one player who has experience against Spanish clubs and players and will know some of these guys.

But, who knows.

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just wait and see. The knee brace will be precautionary until they can assess it properly. He walked off the pitch ok.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wait and see. The knee brace will be precautionary until they can assess it properly. He walked off the pitch ok.
True and he would not have been allowed in the huddle if it was serious.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A huge blow if he’s out for a while, but at the same time maybe Vinagre can come in and be a hero. He clearly has something about him, in it quite sure myself personally, but if ever the stage was set to become a proper player, this is it.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Can’t see him being able to contribute with (hopefully) three games against Europe’s best in 11 days after going down with a non contact injury. I love being wrong, though

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There have been times when I'd rather have had Vinagre out there than Jonny, I don't think Seville is one though. Still great chance for the kid to show his worth and that he has developed defensively!

B63 Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He got into his car wearing a knee brace and using crutches this morning. Could be off for a check up.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Venagre has to be drafted in, fingers crossed he's not targeted like he was v Olympiacos.
Having said that, I wouldn't bet against him, knuckling down and doing the business for us.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jonny is out do we take one of the u23 lads to Germany for some back up? Heard good reports about Lewis Richards who can play left wing back or centre back.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jonny is out do we take one of the u23 lads to Germany for some back up? Heard good reports about Lewis Richards who can play left wing back or centre back.

You could but they'd never get on in a million years. Even if three more defenders got injured, he'd just change shape and keep the most senior players on the field.

Strange one as Jonny clearly said to Nuno he's "fine" at the end of the game, which was caught on TV and I watched it back to make sure I saw it right, but then his leg is in a brace and Nuno's apparently said "not good".

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could but they'd never get on in a million years. Even if three more defenders got injured, he'd just change shape and keep the most senior players on the field.

Strange one as Jonny clearly said to Nuno he's "fine" at the end of the game, which was caught on TV and I watched it back to make sure I saw it right, but then his leg is in a brace and Nuno's apparently said "not good".

Just think it would be good for options and a great experience for one of the young lads like Richards and also for training purposes. Really hope Jonny is ok but cant see there is any chance he will figure for us in Germany.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't take any further part our European adventure imo

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even a minor strain of a ligament takes weeks to heal, he's probably done for the season unless it was a small muscle strain.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez ... that’s a big blow. Get well soon Jonny.

D

Deleted member 5910

We definitely need a LWB now. That's bad, bad news for something that looked quite innocuous.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to sign a left-back then. We can't just go with Vinagre and no backup for half a season.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Unucky Jonny

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well soon Jonny. Gutting news. We will have to sign a new left wing back now.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad news , get well soon Jonny, we definitely need to recruit a wing back now even if it’s a loan.
A big opportunity for Ruben in the meantime.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst news for such an important match. Hope Nuno doesn't play Vinagre as he's been very poor lately. Perhaps Saiss can cover with Dendoncker coming into back 3.
Whichever way Nuno goes, Jonny will be a crucial miss.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really bad news. I would have been in for a LWB this summer anyway, but this makes it a must. Hopefully Matheson is up to backing up Doc on the right for 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom