Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jonny Castro Otto

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can alert the entire world someone is available by putting them on a transfer list, not by selling said transfer listed player as a nightmare who likes to spit at staff, trash a dressing room and elbow a teammate.

They could have made Jonny aware of all of that in the conversations he had with the club, not by leaking it to the media.
He will off been on the transfer list for some time ..it aye work ...

Accept ya pay cut and get out the door is the message probably...

We aye seeing transfer fee , wem seeing future wages we Dow wanna pay ..

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will off been on the transfer list for some time ..it aye work ...

Accept ya pay cut and get out the door is the message probably...

So the next logical step after being on a transfer list for a while is to tell the world he’s a nightmare so that’ll get him off the list quicker?!

I mean there’s some reaching going on at the best of times in this place but this one is bizarre

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the next logical step after being on a transfer list for a while is to tell the world he’s a nightmare so that’ll get him off the list quicker?!

I mean there’s some reaching going on at the best of times in this place but this one is bizarre
If Jonny walked in tomorrow and said give me a free...Wolves would oblige I reckon....

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s had a strop and kicked off out of frustration at getting no game time it’s probably not that uncommon.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s had a strop and kicked off out of frustration at getting no game time it’s probably not that uncommon.
No ****. Difference is you don’t get people saying their clubs have orchestrated smear campaigns to get said players out the door quicker after such events.

If he’s that ***** about his playing time, he had an offer from Getafe in the summer he could have taken to get him his playing time, which he didn’t take, he’s now playing in the under 21’s after assaulting a member of staff and player. He’s got a pretty easy decision to make in January, one that didn’t need the club leaking his paddy to the press like you and others are claiming

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No ****. Difference is you don’t get people saying their clubs have orchestrated smear campaigns to get said players out the door quicker after such events.

If he’s that ***** about his playing time, he had an offer from Getafe in the summer he could have taken to get him his playing time, which he didn’t take, he’s now playing in the under 21’s after assaulting a member of staff and player. He’s got a pretty easy decision to make in January, one that didn’t need the club leaking his paddy to the press like you and others are claiming
The wages from Getafe would have been **** ...that's why he didn't take it ....

The same 'smear ' campaign in the press happened with Boly before he went, left or whatever......the Chinese are ruthless in business and will try anything to get ya out the door if they don't want ya......

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where have I said it’s a smear campaign? Ive no idea who leaked it have you?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The same 'smear ' campaign in the press happened with Boly before he went, left or whatever......the Chinese are ruthless in business and will try anything to get ya out the door if they don't want ya......

What smear campaign?! That he didn’t turn up to training/a match because he wanted his forest move to go through as we weren’t giving him the playtime he desired? Which he didn’t and we didn’t? Were Nunes and Moutinho’s smear campaigns too?

What’s the fact that they are Chinese got to do with anything? I’m struggling to think of any business that would reward someone who is tied into a contract refusing to do the job they are paid to do to be honest, irrespective of their nationality

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have I said it’s a smear campaign? Ive no idea who leaked it have you?
If Neto had done what Jonny is accused of we’d never even hear about it. The club want Jonny off the wage bill and this has given them some leverage to achieve that.

Explain the above - according to you because it’s not Neto, it hasn’t gone into the public domain. You then say they’ve used the incident as leverage to achieve him leaving

You state things as fact all the time, I’ve called you out on it a few times, which I wouldn’t find annoying if your job was chief resident in Lopetegui/Shi/Hobbs/Guo’s arses but it isn’t, as much as you try to

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Explain the above - according to you because it’s not Neto, it hasn’t gone into the public domain. You then say they’ve used the incident as leverage to achieve him leaving
He’s been sent to train with the under 21s until the end of the transfer window it’s pretty obvious that he’s being forced out. Do you think they’d have done the same to Neto?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What smear campaign?! That he didn’t turn up to training/a match because he wanted his forest move to go through as we weren’t giving him the playtime he desired? Which he didn’t and we didn’t? Were Nunes and Moutinho’s smear campaigns too?

What’s the fact that they are Chinese got to do with anything? I’m struggling to think of any business that would reward someone who is tied into a contract refusing to do the job they are paid to do to be honest, irrespective of their nationality
Boly didn't want to go to Forest..they had denied him a move back to France 2 months before.....he wanted to play in that cup game .....he wanted game time because he was 3rd choice .......as I say they wanted him to go cause they hoped to get Dawson at the time .....they could if easily made an excuse for Boly at the time....but No paint him as the bad guy cause we want him to leave.....

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been sent to train with the under 21s until the end of the transfer window it’s pretty obvious that he’s being forced out. Do you think they’d have done the same to Neto?

Yeah I do, he’s also playing with the under 21’s team you’ve forgot to mention that though - I imagine so he can get game time but not to the detriment of the first team and their results - why would you want Neto around the first team if he’s going to spit at his teammates and staff? I think they’d either have him training alone, or if they still wanted him getting game time just not with the first team for a period of time - the under 23’s/21’s

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly didn't want to go to Forest..they had denied him a move back to France 2 months before.....he wanted to play in that cup game .....he wanted game time because he was 3rd choice .......as I say they wanted him to go cause they hoped to get Dawson at the time .....they could if easily made an excuse for Boly at the time....but No paint him as the bad guy cause we want him to leave.....

I don’t see how saying he didn’t turn up to training/ a game because he didn’t, is painting him as a bad guy, it’s what happened. If people choose to remember that as his sole contribution to wolves and hate him for it, that’s up to them. As it did with Nunes, as it did with Moutinho. If he didn’t want to go to Forest, he could have said no, like Jonny did with Getafe in the summer. He wanted to play in a cup game, great that’s what I want all wolves players to do.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am expressing no view over Chinese business practices but UK, well England and Wales, contract and employment law applies.

Unless other players were previously treated in exactly the same manner for the same sort of things the club is on very dubious ground legally. Methinks Shi, Hobbs and GON really wouldn't fancy being questioned by a KC under oath.....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever did happen it cannot be the most disastrous thing ever to have happened in a football club nor do the Club regard him as a danger or they would not have him anywhere near the youngsters.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whatever did happen it cannot be the most disastrous thing ever to have happened in a football club nor do the Club regard him as a danger or they would not have him anywhere near the youngsters.
Apoarantly attacked chirewa, spat at coaching staff then smashed up changing room.....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't comment on his current situation as all that I know is heresay. Something obviously took place for the club to react in the way that they did and he was punished accordingly.
However, Jonny was a member of a team that brought us some great times in the recent past and for that alone I'm eternally grateful.
For allsorts of reasons his departure will be the best for club and player and I wish him well.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apoarantly attacked chirewa, spat at coaching staff then smashed up changing room.....
Is this a bit OTT?

I heard he reacted to a bad challenge (ie, an 'attack') by Chirewa rather than "attacked" him - if so, understandable IMV. I also heard he broke a TV screen rather than "smashed up changing room".

Heard about the spitting, which all on here I'm sure recognise as a form of assault if deliberate, and regard as unforgivable.

Maybe the point is that (a) did anyone on here see exactly what happened? and (b) this tale and the related accusations - at least the 'assault' and changing room incidents - seem to get more and more extreme the longer this goes.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club had wanted then they could have used this as gross misconduct and sacked him. The question in my mind would be to know if this was completely pout of character or then what was behind it.
I believe if the club thought he would be likely to repeat this behaviour he would have been nowhere near the club never mind playing with the youngsters.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The end for Jonny could certainly had been better,
Still,the memories of Jonny that will live on in my memory is the way he played for us pre first injury.
He was a real force on the pitch and a natural name on the team sheet week in and week out.
We enjoyed the best performances of the football player Jonny at Molineux and away keeping the colours high.
This is how I will remember Jonny..a personal breakdown or whatever you wanna call it..will not erase those memories of a real solid football player wearing the Old Gold and Black.

I wish you well in the future Jonny.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good best of videos on YouTube. What a player in his peak.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the medical is okay for his sake. As good and consistent a full back as there was for 2 years. Some great memories and he should leave with all our best wishes despite the slightly sour finish.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Amazingly consistent performer and a huge part of our most successful side in a generation. A top professional who has done incredibly well to come back from two career-threatening injuries.

A shame how things ended but that shouldn’t undermine his immense contributions.

Wishing him every success and happiness for the future.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club had wanted then they could have used this as gross misconduct and sacked him. The question in my mind would be to know if this was completely pout of character or then what was behind it.
I believe if the club thought he would be likely to repeat this behaviour he would have been nowhere near the club never mind playing with the youngsters.
I am pretty sure that legal advice would have been sought not least because of potential financial and litigation implications. Let's just say that he wasn't sacked.....

Back
Top Bottom