Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John Ruddy

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wolves have exercised an option in John Ruddy's contract to keep him at the club for 2020/21.

A number of Wolves Academy players have also earned new deals.

D

Deleted member 4184

Phil Ofosu Ayeh gone, had a torrid time to be fair.

Graham gone, good, he was a nob.

R

reanswolf

Indeed, very happy John Ruddy has decided to stay on, he has been fantastic for us and he must love it here, he knows he will be playing here and there in Cups etc.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news about Ruddy, Graham is talented but doesn’t seem to have the attitude to match.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Very good news and a no-brainer of a decision really.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This had already been brought up on the Loris Karius thread but truthfully Ruddy merits his own thread.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be a good bloke to have around the dressing room, if he is happy to play second fiddle that saves us a few quid on getting a replacement in, and fills a slot on the non-foreigner squad requirement

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased for John Ruddy - consummate professional that is an example to anybody on the fringes and more than able to play his part on the pitch when required.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news. Clearly Nuno sees him as more than just a back up goalkeeper. He will continue to be an asset in and around the dressing room.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news, as well as being a top back up I like how he stands by the dressing room door after games as the players return, shows unity and support. Great experience and top pro to have around the squad.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great lad still a fine keeper. I'm chuffed he's signed again.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news, the coverage of him showing him shake hands with every player as they walk down the tunnel, shows what sort of bloke he is.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From our point of view its good news as long as it is what Ruddy wants aswell. Now send Sondergaard out on loan for the experience ready for the season after next.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great news, as others have said he appears to be really good for team morale, always waiting at the dressing room door to congratulate, console or whatever is required. If you've not watched any take a look at the Taskmaster videos on Wolves TV (no subscription required). He is the adjudicator setting tasks for Rui, Joao, Romain and Willy and they are very good and funny.

Last edited:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alternative view, just means we get a fee for him if he’s decided he does want to leave.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. At 33 he really ought to be out there playing whilst he still can. Everything I’ve heard from him seems to suggest that’s what he wants to do.
Agree, I honestly hope he does want to leave.

I know it’s great he shakes everyone’s hands and gets behind the lads, but personally I’d be disappointed in him if he’s happy to just be a cheerleader.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He obviously likes the money and isn't interested in competitive football any more -he could play in the chump for reduced money.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want to ask. If we have taken the option for another 12 months does Ruddy have to agree as well or could he say no thanks and walk away?

Just asking as I would love him to stay. Not many other Premier clubs have 2 top keepers like us.

Back
Top Bottom