Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John Ruddy to re-sign?

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judging by his comments in the E&S article this morning, I don't get the feeling Big John's that happy with his current role:

"...And at the end of the day, if I left Wolves I don’t think I’ll be missed that much because we have people who are ready to step up.
I don’t play as much as I would like and I still feel that I have a lot to offer on the pitch."

Sounds like he wants more playing time, which he's unlikely to get here. I will caveat that though because I'm pretty sure he said the same thing last year and re-signed, so maybe it's just talk.

I hope he stays, but would entirely understand if he left to pursue more minutes on the pitch.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The point is if Sa was injured for a long period would ruddy be good enough to play week in week out?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about this as an option: give him a year extension then loan him out so he gets his desired playing time, that way if Sa does get injured Ruddy could be recalled in January?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is if Sa was injured for a long period would ruddy be good enough to play week in week out?
I think so, or I at least think he is as good as we could get to play the second choice keeper role.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd prefer him to stay but if he wants to go then so be it.
If he goes we'll need to get someone in, and that someone has to fit into the dressing room seamlessly. Ruddy is well respected, that in itself is huge for the team.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Judging by his comments in the E&S article this morning, I don't get the feeling Big John's that happy with his current role:

"...And at the end of the day, if I left Wolves I don’t think I’ll be missed that much because we have people who are ready to step up.
I don’t play as much as I would like and I still feel that I have a lot to offer on the pitch."

Sounds like he wants more playing time, which he's unlikely to get here. I will caveat that though because I'm pretty sure he said the same thing last year and re-signed, so maybe it's just talk.

I hope he stays, but would entirely understand if he left to pursue more minutes on the pitch.
He was going to leave last season, until Nuno left.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been unlucky with the fact that neither Rui or Sa have ever had a prolonged injury

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen him hint a few times now that he feels he deserves more of a chance and I just don’t get it. He’s made mistakes when he comes in.

Also he knew we were going to replace Patricio so the idea the change in manager would give him opportunities is a bit delusional.

Nothing against him, he’s clearly a brilliant professional and hugely respected around the club (rightly so), but he signed a new deal knowing he’d be number two so to pretend otherwise now is a bit unfair IMO.

The biggest thing I took from that interview is that he seems to know big players will be leaving in the summer…

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarkic would be a good no2. Did very well at Blouse before his injury. Good luck to Ruddy if he goes.

Back
Top Bottom