Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John Ruddy Farewell

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Did a great job in the Championship and by all accounts a fantastic professional and leader in the Dressing Room.

Also responsible for the only scar on my body after cutting my hand open having accidentally punched the corner of a table celebrating those penalties at Cardiff.

Thanks for everything John (even the scar). And best wishes to you and your family for the future.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What article?

Surely we need to pile on Spears for that.
He talks with such authority like he's got a hotline to Jeff.

I don't mind his output (I'm an Athletic subscriber) but **** like that just obliterates any credibility that he's got.

Part of the Gibbs-White Athletic piece.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best.
Wonder where he’ll be between the goalposts next season ?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fantastic person and great servant to Wolves.

Best of luck on your future travels John!!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the apparent change of mind by the club is because they have moved forward in the signing that 18 year old US goalie we have been reading about?

I don't have a problem with that, I think Sarkic is a very good keeper and could be No 2 with the kid back-up.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

There's some people on here who obviously haven't been paying attention for the last 5 years. Calling players **** because of the last few games, but ignoring their loyalty and performances over the last 5 years. Get a grip!
Must be closet **** fans...

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get what Jake Humphreys is getting at with that post not a "proper" send off?! What does that mean..... He got a game against Norwich to say his goodbyes what more could we do?

I know they are very good friends (Jake Humphreys has to say it every Wolves game he does) so Ruddy is obviously rather annoyed about something or how it has been dealt with....
I suspect its the club not the match he played. It feels like he has been just let go. That wont go unnoticed by the others and is worrying. Loads in here saying “get rid” etc but these are people not machines. Yes, they are well paid but they are still people and we have benefitted from real team spirit. Look at man united for a club without spirit. We lose that at our peril

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I suspect its the club not the match he played. It feels like he has been just let go. That wont go unnoticed by the others and is worrying. Loads in here saying “get rid” etc but these are people not machines. Yes, they are well paid but they are still people and we have benefitted from real team spirit. Look at man united for a club without spirit. We lose that at our peril
Bang on with the latter. That spirit gets eroded when every player that has been here a while leaves. They have to be so careful to retain some of the players to keep the spirit going. I hope it isn't the management who are causing the players to leave en masse. It's a slippery slope.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it begins...

....Best of luck Big Man, cheers for Cardiff.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best.
Wonder where he’ll be between the goalposts next season ?
Norwich? Or controversially the ****.... Somewhere looking to sell their keeper for big money and get an experienced cheap replacement.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a great member of the squad and has had many big moments in goal for us. Hope he gets to be first choice somewhere next season.

With the timing of the announcement and the recent reports about Gabriel Slonina I wonder if that deal is a lot closer to completion than we thought.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck for the future John, and thanks for your time and efforts for our club. Best wishes big fella

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Good luck for the future John, and thanks for your time and efforts for our club. Best wishes big fella
Thank you big John for your service to our wonderful club and if you ever come back to the Molineux you will have a standing Ovation .Good luck and good health to you and your family once a wolf always a wolf .

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just watched the end to that Cardiff match again. What a night. What a save by Ruddy.

I wish him all the best and I hope he finds first-team football somewhere. You're a long-time retired so I hope he makes the most of the time he has left to play.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Great guy, and I think Cardiff might have been my most exhilarating moment in an away ground. Their fans faces before then after.

Back
Top Bottom