Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John Percy update

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Perhaps worthy of its own thread;

- Wolves forecast to make £65 mil loss. To be announced early next year
- limited scope in transfer market - striker (Rafiu Durosinmi) and winger expected.
- Silva, Jonny and Kalajdzic to go.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20/21 = + £18m Profit

21/22 = -£47m Loss

22/23 = -£65m Loss

So we comfortably pass this season's FFP and anything over a £7m profit this season sees us pass next year too.

On the basis of £140m of sales so far, a dramatic reduction in the wage bill and further sales in January to come, we will be heading into the summer in good shape.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20/21 = + £18m Profit

21/22 = -£47m Loss

22/23 = -£65m Loss

So we comfortably pass this season's FFP and anything over a £7m profit this season sees us pass next year too.

On the basis of £140m of sales so far, a dramatic reduction in the wage bill and further sales in January to come, we will be heading into the summer in good shape.
Thanks was just about to post the sums

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The limit as is known is £105 Million losses over 3 years, so I make that a £94 Million loss over 3 seasons and means we have a £11 Million headroom.

If so, it could absolutely be worse even if seeing the figure of a £67 Million loss spooked me for a second!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The limit as is known is £105 Million losses over 3 years, so I make that a £94 Million loss over 3 seasons and means we have a £11 Million headroom.

If so, it could absolutely be worse even if seeing the figure of a £67 Million loss spooked me for a second!
We are good this year, we got in 11m. So when we post accounts next march we pass FFP for 23/24

to pass FFP 24/25 we need a small 7m profit this premier league seasons (23/24) - which given the sales we are onto

We will still have shackles in jan.

With a good profit this year we can spend 24/25 summer, and as long as not a big loss we should go back to normal prem spending.

just cant take another -50 -60m season, so it will be sustainble brighton business model south american talents etc

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're still due to make 65m losses, how bad was it in the summer?

Or has a summer business yet to be accounted for

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're still due to make 65m losses, how bad was it in the summer?

Or has a summer business yet to be accounted for

65m losses doesnt allow for summer sales

65m was with all the business in the summer prior so guedes nunes etc sasa then, wages for costa etc in jan

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OK, first of all not all the losses are counted in FFP, but let's park that.

What we really need to do is work out the cost savings and profit from this year so far. Have a vague idea that we saved £25m on wages.
On transfers Neves is almost all profit so say £40m. The other much less, probably pay for the incomings in terms of amortisation. So maybe £65 better off, i.e. breaking even, which is roughly where we need to be. That would leave us able (if Fosun so desire) to lose £47m again in 24/25. The slight issues being that they probably don't want to and the rules are changing anyway!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

- limited scope in transfer market - striker (Rafiu Durosinmi) and winger expected.
Wouldn't mind this young striker, bit of a bruiser which is exactly what we need imo. We're too nice all over the pitch. Could do with some experience in midfield who puts his foot in as well.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for posting... What i find so crazy , not just with Wolves but the whole league which is the richest in the word, where TV revenues per club are around 140m / ticket prices are at record levels, largest attendances in Europe with 95% occupancy. All this and still its the odd exception when clubs post any profit.. The whole salary / turnover ratio is bonkers and we as fans unfortunately always the ones left to support this model... Dont know what the answer is but it seems madness.. Keep saying its not sustainable but it seems to be so what do i know..

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also only if Fosun have been willing to stump up £30m every year. If they haven't been writing off as much as they're allowed to, the allowed losses could be as low as £15m over three years

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any clubs linked to Sasa?
Weren’t Fulham keen at the end of the summer window?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind this young striker, bit of a bruiser which is exactly what we need imo. We're too nice all over the pitch. Could do with some experience in midfield who puts his foot in as well.
He's very inexperienced.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not
Surprised sasa going to be honest not really had a fair crack at it

Agree and I don't get the "He doesn't fit the style of play".
What style would that be?
Saturday we kept putting crosses into the box for much of the second half. I'd presume he'd do well in that style yet he didn't get a look in..

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence and Guedes to go on permanent deals as well in the summer I assume.

Presumably the FFP 3 year cycle starts again next season, so hopefully Fosun will show their ambition in the project and invest in the squad.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not

Agree and I don't get the "He doesn't fit the style of play".
What style would that be?
Saturday we kept putting crosses into the box for much of the second half. I'd presume he'd do well in that style yet he didn't get a look in..

I ask the question “what style of play?”

as the movement is so poor at times and the number of options to play positive passes to at times are almost non existent for long periods of matches.

Last few games:

If not for a fantastic double save, we should have gone 1 down to a woeful Burnley team

Forest missed quite a few chances and should be disappointed they didn’t win!

Those two performances led into to the abject one we saw at the weekend!

Many fans sleep walked into the weekend because to them all that matters is the result. When in elite sport, the performance win or lose the full game should get pulled apart for improvements.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I look at these figures and it’s mind boggling. Unless you’re Man U Liverpool etc how on earth can your income meet the wages of modern day players? SKY pay out what approx £120mill a year to clubs but it’s not difficult to see how that gets eaten up when average players are earning in excess of 2-3mill a year. It’s not sustainable at all for the majority of clubs.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look at these figures and it’s mind boggling. Unless you’re Man U Liverpool etc how on earth can your income meet the wages of modern day players? SKY pay out what approx £120mill a year to clubs but it’s not difficult to see how that gets eaten up when average players are earning in excess of 2-3mill a year. It’s not sustainable at all for the majority of clubs.
There's a conversation that needs to be had around a European wide salary cap. Obviously, playing football is a finite career and players should be well compensated for what they do but some of the wages being paid out at the highest level are obscene when our kids have to play on rubbish pitches for half the year up and down the country.

I don't mean a salary cap that benefits owners like it does in the USA either, but one that guarantees a percentage of revenue being reinvested into projects such as grassroots 4G pitch funding, stadium facilities, subsidised away fans travel etc. As said though, you'd have to do it on a European wide level, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.

At the moment, there's too small a group of people benefitting from PL football and that needs to change. It's also why an independent regulator is required as it's widely accepted that the FA is essentially in the Premier League's pocket but the current Govt was never going to see it that way with its aversion to market intervention.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a conversation that needs to be had around a European wide salary cap. Obviously, playing football is a finite career and players should be well compensated for what they do but some of the wages being paid out at the highest level are obscene when our kids have to play on rubbish pitches for half the year up and down the country.

I don't mean a salary cap that benefits owners like it does in the USA either, but one that guarantees a percentage of revenue being reinvested into projects such as grassroots 4G pitch funding, stadium facilities, subsidised away fans travel etc. As said though, you'd have to do it on a European wide level, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.

At the moment, there's too small a group of people benefitting from PL football and that needs to change. It's also why an independent regulator is required as it's widely accepted that the FA is essentially in the Premier League's pocket but the current Govt was never going to see it that way with its aversion to market intervention.
It's a pointless exercise doing it in Europe too. All of the top players would just move to another continent.

Oh and methinks EU law might have something to say about it too.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

for once you’ll get only support from me. great ideas.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jonny, Sasa , Silva saves some salaries. I would hope for at least two January loans made permanent in the summer.and a well researched purchase.
We cant reduce this squad by more numbers.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Odd because where would we be if Nunes hadn’t done a sharp exit

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have read that Durosinmi is bound for Eintracht Frankfurt.

loppers86

Reaction score
Odd because where would we be if Nunes hadn’t done a sharp exit
that’s an extremely good point. it’s frightening that we were prepared to panic sell so much and (without the unexpected deal for Nunes) we
were still going to get penalised anyway.

Shi was literally on target for achieving the worst of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom