Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John de Wolf

D

Deleted member 5276

Fabulous player and personality. Good to see him back at Mol. #PortVale

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I like Sunderland, **** them, that was a night in the press box :)

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I loved De Wolf, he wouldn't get on ahead of Boly, Cody and Bennett.

Might have stood a chance last season under Lambert though.
Mmmmm .... interesting one ..... I think fully fit he would certainly have run em close.

Pelsallwolf

Reaction score
Always remember the once he was out injured,ended up sitting by him and and he asked for my mars when I was young lol great bloke,great banter.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Willy Boly of his day.

Shame he got injured so badly, would have been a true legend if he’d have had 3-4 years.

That game at Port Vale...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stood in front of the opposition keeper on corners, nobody dared challenge him, other than the **** Lee Howey who took a night off playing football to injure all our best players.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John De Wolf and Gordon Cowans look the same age now as they did back then.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He d walk into our team now.
Watched him warming up once,jumping and heading....man mountain,and he could play

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Was he the pen taker then? Not sure if l would have gone for him, but who knows.

Interestingly didn’t de Wolf foul an England player in Graham Taylor’s last game as England manager? Bit strange he ended up signing him.

Not sure if l am right. Please correct me if l’m wrong?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Was he the pen taker then? Not sure if l would have gone for him, but who knows.

Interestingly didn’t de Wolf foul an England player in Graham Taylor’s last game as England manager? Bit strange he ended up signing him.

Not sure if l am right. Please correct me if l’m wrong?
So he could get his hat trick

D

Deleted member 5276

He was absolutely made for the sweeper role. He had the knack/ability to almost dominate a game single handedly. Think Nuno would have loved him.
He was the best passer of a ball in that team. Some of his long balls out to the wings directly into the path of a running teammate were outstanding. Terrific player and I agree, Nuno would have loved him.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he could get his hat trick

Didn’t Keane take a pen and missed to get his hat trick vs Norwich?

Strange to let a player get a hat trick when only a goal ahead. Guess it was different then.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Strange to let a player get a hat trick when only a goal ahead. Guess it was different then.

John De Wolf had taken pens for us before. If I remember rightly he took one against Sheffield United when we came back from 2 nil down.

Brilliant player. I remember seeing him playing for Feyenoord against Spurs in the Uefa or Cup Winners Cup before we signed him. He was awesome, couldn't believe it when he joined us. Think Don Goodman signed on the same day too.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John De Wolf had taken pens for us before. If I remember rightly he took one against Sheffield United when we came back from 2 nil down.

Brilliant player. I remember seeing him playing for Feyenoord against Spurs in the Uefa or Cup Winners Cup before we signed him. He was awesome, couldn't believe it when he joined us. Think Don Goodman signed on the same day too.
Yepp he did but it was Sheff Wed and we were 3-0 down!!

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Keane penalty miss was the last game of the season v Stockport. Meaningless game but after Keane missed Stockport came back to beat us 4-3. How times have changed ( they finished above us that year)

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Keane penalty miss was the last game of the season v Stockport. Meaningless game but after Keane missed Stockport came back to beat us 4-3. How times have changed ( they finished above us that year)

Tony Dinning was class that day.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League game mate, not the cup shoot out. Think Neil Emblen scored the equaliser in the dying moments of the Sheffield United game. Seem to remember it being around Christmas/New Year.
Remember that game clearly, and how empty the ground was when we came back. Proof if needed you should never leave early

JDW did score the penalty, don’t remember him being the regular penalty taker though?

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incidentally, I do prefer those old style goalnets compared to the modern box type ones.

Small thing I know, just love the look of them.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s it, l remember it was a game we should have won, but didn’t. Keane pen saved in front of the NB.

Yes, you’re right, how things have changed. I don’t know even where Stockport are in the pyramid now . . .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
That’s it, l remember it was a game we should have won, but didn’t. Keane pen saved in front of the NB.

Yes, you’re right, how things have changed. I don’t know even where Stockport are in the pyramid now . . .
Conference North-6th Tier

Back
Top Bottom