Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Gomes - Born to play here...

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I didn't think a midfield 2 of Gomes/Lemina, while good defensively, had enough about them going forward but the last few games both have played like they are possessed. All over the pitch.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're now starting to see the benefit of giving a player match after match to grow, even if sometimes he's below par. Gaining in experience and confidence, he'll become the kind of player who'd shovel the coal into the engine of a Man Utd or Arsenal in years gone by. Hopefully that's still with us, but he genuinely seems to love it here and has no pretentions. Seems to have a great understanding with Lemina and Cunha especially.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
I like how he has got some great forward passes in during the last few games, clearly loves being here, I do hope other South American youngsters follow his lead and get into the first team squad

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gomes and Lemina drove everything. with cunhas workrate we really look good. credit to Hobbs

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that Gary O Neil is giving our midfield the freedom to express much to my surprise
They love him and he loves them

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I didn't think a midfield 2 of Gomes/Lemina, while good defensively, had enough about them going forward but the last few games both have played like they are possessed. All over the pitch.
And that attitude will rub off on the whole squad and lift everybody……many times have we come from behind and won or drawn.
Gary has instilled a team spirit in the squad, which is vital in this league, imo.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved last night, think it was in injury time (or maybe towards the end of normal time) - he won the ball and looked for Cunha to make a run into the channel. Gave Cunha a right round of ****s when he didn’t.
loved the passion and that he’s giving ‘it‘ to a senior player, when they don’t do what he wanted/ what was needed.

Will turn into a very big signing for us IMO

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves and Moutinho will always be legends because it's (for many) the first time we saw top class footballers.

But Lemina and Gomes are much more Wolves if that makes sense, and it's no surprise they're loved.
Have to agree, love both of them, immense!!

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Love the kid, so tenacious and is all over the pitch. Must be horrible to play against he just doesn't give the opposition any time.

Not a ball playing defensive midfielder really ( he can pick a pass but gives it away a lot but hopefully that's the side of his game he improves) but if he was then we probably don't sign him.

Exactly the type of signing we should be looking to do, act as a finishing school for high potential players that the top clubs aren't ready to move on yet then sell in for a big profit then reinvest while getting a reputation for being that ideal club for the good young uns

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine he’s the player Chelsea fans thought they were buying in Fernandez.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Needs a song
How about to the old Karl Henry song…

Joao Gomes, whoa whoa whoa
Joao Gomes whoa whoa whoa
He wins the ball at will
The Pitbull from Brazil

Joao Gomes Whoa whoa whoa
His tackles are insane
Wins **** loads every game

He loves the Molineux
He’s Wanderers through and through!

………..best I can do!:)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves and Moutinho will always be legends because it's (for many) the first time we saw top class footballers.

But Lemina and Gomes are much more Wolves if that makes sense, and it's no surprise they're loved.
Hmmmm.... That second para really does depend on how long you have supported Wolves and what you have previously seen. For those supported who date from the 80s and 90s l absolutely get that. Us older gits though.....

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a bit unfortunate that my man crush has been taken by Super Mario
Gomes will never be surpassed for me.

Has any player fought to play for Wolves like him? Offered more money to play elsewhere as a young kid. Personal meetings, extreme pressure from good own club... but he was part of the pack and not letting go. Was willing to stay put rather than accept more money and a chance at one of the Top-5 leagues.

That was the craziest few weeks of me following the transfer market hourly.

This kid is a Wolf through and through.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone mentioned about Mouts and Neves earlier in this thread. And I agree, they were the dogs danglies because we'd never had a midfield of two smooth, silky players there that we could ever remember, or imagine playing for our club, but Joao and Mario have that bit extra with the tenacity and fight. They'll go forward in the blink of an eye where M&N wouldn't.
We're easier on the eye now than the last few years but don't take anything away from the memories of M&N.
But these two have the potential to bost the lot up.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So great to see him settling in and developing his powerful game. Lemina is a perfect mentor for him and together they are a dynamic central midfield unit. Hoping Traore will also gradually show he can do a good job for us too as he certainly has talent and energy also.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Think we definitely got the pick of the young Brazilians that have come to the Prem! Absolutely incredible all round player! He’s athletic, strong, endless engine, technically brilliant, has vision for a pass but most importantly his passion and heart for the shirt and his team is second to none! He will run through brick walls for his team mates and the way he celebrates his tackles like a goal speaks volumes! Just hope we can find more like him out there and we can hold on to him to enjoy him for a long time!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs a song
Sure does
We’ve got Gomes
Joao Gomes just don’t think you understand
He runs the midfield
Tackles are unreal
His passion is the best in the land

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This might sound a strange comment but I think he is drastically underrated, maybe not by Wolves fans but the wider media. For a 22 year old to be doing what he is having come in from Brazil and not speaking the language is exceptional.

He has got everything, I think he can go on to play at the very highest level. I hope he is with us for years to come but could easily imagine him being at Madrid in 3 years bossing it.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
This might sound a strange comment but I think he is drastically underrated, maybe not by Wolves fans but the wider media. For a 22 year old to be doing what he is having come in from Brazil and not speaking the language is exceptional.

He has got everything, I think he can go on to play at the very highest level. I hope he is with us for years to come but could easily imagine him being at Madrid in 3 years bossing it.
I seriously think if he carries on, he will be a 100 million pound plus player in 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom