Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joao Gomes - Born to play here...

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“But I think that the way I play goes hand in hand with the League’s pace. The matches are more physical, there’s more fight over the ball, so I think I was born to play here.”

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“But I think that the way I play goes hand in hand with the League’s pace. The matches are more physical, there’s more fight over the ball, so I think I was born to play here.”

Without doubt the longer Joao is with us the stronger the bond between him and us will become, another genuinely decent person.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I think he was referring to the Premier League.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve been really impressed with him since he signed. The English game may not be as technical as others leagues but it’s fast, frantic and physically demanding and not all players can adapt to it. I hope Hobbs etc can identify these qualities for future and not rely so much on players like Trincao, Guedes and to some extent Nunes who didn’t truly show they were comfortable with the English game. Good, technical players they undoubtedly are but there are other factors such as those listed above that need considering when signing a player. The more games Gomes plays the better he will become. Think we have a gem in the making.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Here" being the Premier league!
Why necessary to make this obviously negative point, assuming you are employed, would you show up for work if they didn’t pay you.
Unfortunately we’re all in it for the money.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why necessary to make this obviously negative point, assuming you are employed, would you show up for work if they didn’t pay you.

Because it's just as daft to misconstrue what players say for positive reasons as it is to do so for negative ones.

No, of course not, but then I wasn't born to work there...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one's under any illusions that little boys from all over the world one day dream of playing for Wolves. However I definitely think it's a club that players often grow to love, just look at Neves, Raul, Coady et al.
Nuno bought that togetherness with small squad

I think Gaz could create that but vocal leaders like Coady are hard to find

Kilman just doesn’t have that infectious personality like some people do

Being a positive person and being able to lift others around you is such an advantage in such a negative world

Last edited:

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one's under any illusions that little boys from all over the world one day dream of playing for Wolves. However I definitely think it's a club that players often grow to love, just look at Neves, Raul, Coady et al.
Funny really how some posters needs to state the obvious like the rest of us are 5 year olds. Without doubt if someone had been willing to pay the money for Neves years ago he would have gone, but it wouldn’t change the fact that he felt a connection with the town the fans and the club.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really impressed with Gomes this season. Who'd have thunk he and Lemina would have been able to step in for Neves and Moutinho and not miss a step? Plus, with young Doyle and Traore in the mix, it seems we may be better off in center mid than we've been in quite awhile ...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a player!

His partnership with Super Mario is getting better and better. The envy of a lot of Premier League managers I’ll bet. They run all day, win tackles and love playing for our great club.

The Pitbull and Super Mario are ours and long may it continue.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NEEDS A GOOD SONG!!!!

Over the years we’ve had some corkers - remember reading Stevie Bull’s a Tatter printed on balloons at Stoke; more recently Nuno Had A Dream and Si Senor really galvanised support - whoever did these please step up for Joao now!
Has to be Billy Idol.

When the Lyon called he said no, no, no
When the Wolves called he said yes, yes, yes
Joao Gomes

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great find. He’s improving game by game and growing in confidence.. what struck me last night, was how much he wanted the ball. Great to see.

Could see his talents without the ball immediately, but his talents with the ball are starting to show.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s brilliant. A real and proper midfielder.

He can get a bit over excited sometimes though and I’m sure as he matures he’ll be slightly more composed. I also wish we would stop giving him the ball when he’s facing his own goal.

What a star he is though, lucky to have him.
Him and Lemina *heart eyes emoji*

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great find. He’s improving game by game and growing in confidence.. what struck me last night, was how much he wanted the ball. Great to see.

Could see his talents without the ball immediately, but his talents with the ball are starting to show.
Yeah he's showed it in glimpses, whether it be dribbling his way out of a tight situation or a clever little touch here and there, but he's starting to show it more and he'll really catch the eye of non-Wolves football fans soon

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just love him, I think he had a slow start to the season to be honest but the past few games he’s been really, really good. His energy, commitment, love for the club, the way he celebrates tackles. He’s just a great lad and a great defensive midfielder.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NEEDS A GOOD SONG!!!!

Over the years we’ve had some corkers - remember reading Stevie Bull’s a Tatter printed on balloons at Stoke; more recently Nuno Had A Dream and Si Senor really galvanised support - whoever did these please step up for Joao now!

Agreed! We need a booming Gomes song

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Feel like he’s going to make us a lot of money in the next few years

As another poster has said, enjoy him while we can. The big money will come calling eventually, and will (can) the club resist? I knew this kid was going to be a star.

Back
Top Bottom