Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

João Moutinho.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I agree mate but don’t think they are bad players. They are the inside of a horseshoe and doing their (boring) job. Worked when you were passing to Raul, Jot, Jonny, Doc. Now? Not so much.
You kit a young DM with legs behind him and tell Neves and Mouts to play last third I think you kill teams.
That’s on the manager, most can see we need legs in midfield.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you patronise yourself. He had 95% pass completion, who do you think he was passing to? ‘Be creative’ is the most generic catch all statement there is. His job is to break up play, give it wide. He did it well and successfully, 95% successfully, that’s what his coach wants him to do. If you want him to burst into the penalty area get a different coach with a different system.
It’s not his fault our wide attack is a) our only plan and b) completely obvious to the opposition and c) not good enough.

You dodged my point well there.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
What is wrong with what was said, are you happy with seeing that crap every week?? He's a shadow of the player he was, our midfield is absolute dog ****.
Dendoncker ain't exactly great either, if we hadn't wasted so much money in that disastrous transfer window we maybe could have got someone in.
We're now the worst team in this league, would not be surprised if we went down.
Pains me to say it but I cant see where our next win is coming from.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
I think you patronise yourself. He had 95% pass completion, who do you think he was passing to? ‘Be creative’ is the most generic catch all statement there is. His job is to break up play, give it wide. He did it well and successfully, 95% successfully, that’s what his coach wants him to do. If you want him to burst into the penalty area get a different coach with a different system.
It’s not his fault our wide attack is a) our only plan and b) completely obvious to the opposition and c) not good enough

The state of this trying to defend Moutinho's performance today, he was **** from minute 1 to when he was substituted, saw him play one forward ball, the rest were all back back back!!!

He's not good enough anymore, the end.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 months later?
The first lockdown was Mar 20. Not quite sure whether it was dropping out of his routine, aging or what but Mouts hasn't looked the same since. Playing him almost every match, often for 90mins, certainly hasn't helped.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
My dear mother passed away this morning. She never really understood football but always looked out for Wolves because of me and always asked how they are getting on. On Saturday she was still quite lucid and I was sitting next to her bed, holding hands, reading Molineux Mix as she slept after the Palace match.

I saw this Moutinho thread and sighed outloud. She opened her eyes and said "What's the matter love?" and I said "Just a silly thread about a Wolves player, everyone is so extreme in their views these days." She told me not to worry and went back to sleep. We didn't manage many real lucid conversations after that. So despite everything going on with me today, I've sat alone in her house tonight and decided to put the game on (she ordered BT Sport for me last summer as I was down so often to care for her which says a lot about her). Had some tears in my eyes when Mouts put that in and felt he was shouting at the camera, that's for your mam! Don't worry about it.

The game slightly helped distract me tonight, so thanks Joao and thanks Wolves.

Please don't all feel you need to send your condolences, I know what it's like when someone expresses their grief (which is absolutely acceptable) and a thread can be derailed. I know you all will only have good thoughts towards me. I just had to get this off my chest and talk about her in some way.

Up the Wolves.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
My dear mother passed away this morning. She never really understood football but always looked out for Wolves because of me and always asked how they are getting on. On Saturday she was still quite lucid and I was sitting next to her bed, holding hands, reading Molineux Mix as she slept after the Palace match.

I saw this Moutinho thread and sighed outloud. She opened her eyes and said "What's the matter love?" and I said "Just a silly thread about a Wolves player, everyone is so extreme in their views these days." She told me not to worry and went back to sleep. We didn't manage many real lucid conversations after that. So despite everything going on with me today, I've sat alone in her house tonight and decided to put the game on (she ordered BT Sport for me last summer as I was down so often to care for her which says a lot about her). Had some tears in my eyes when Mouts put that in and felt he was shouting at the camera, that's for your mam! Don't worry about it.

Please don't all feel you need to send your condolences, I know what it's like when someone expresses their grief (which is absolutely acceptable) and a thread can be derailed. I know you all will only have good thoughts towards me. I just had to get this off my chest and talk about her in some way.

Up the Wolves.
Sincere condolences WB, very sorry for your loss. Your love for your Mum shines through.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Up the Wolves.
X

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
OP will get pelters for this and Moutiniho was fantastic tonight but in fairness he has been poor of late. I must admit i wasn’t happy to see him start tonight but I’m glad he proved my lack of faith wrong and that’s why I’m not Nuno among many other reasons!

Condolences WB, very sad to hear.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Up the Wolves.
So sorry, WB. Just goes to show how completely meaningless the bickering etc is on here. Hope you're coping OK and I'm sure we're all thinking of you.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Up the Wolves.

My sincerest condolences on your loss WB.

I’m so pleased that Joao and the boys have been able to give you some comfort at this time.

Sending love and best wishes to you and your family at this time.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think:

a) he was arguably our best player today

b) he’s the best player I’ve seen in old gold ever

c) he doesn’t appeal to the ‘duhhh get it in da box’ type of fan because they don’t have a bloody clue what they’re watching

d) even if he is done, it’s been a honour to have him at our club and you should show some bloody respect you pathetic individual
Absolutely bang on

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most disgusting thread I've seen created on MM ever.

The lack of respect for Moutinho is unrreal.

I can only imagine the position we'd be in if it wasn't for his experience and guidance.

It's not his fault that Nuno purchased a load of kids in the Summer and hoped they'd become established Premiership players.
It's not his fault he has little support around him and no-one making runs.
It's not his fault he has been asked to play 59 games last season and 20+ this season with hardly a proper break in between.

The clear lack of understanding from some of our fickle fans is beyond belief.

I am proud that we have this man in our team and I fully support him. Seems he's now become the scapegoat for another poor loss. He's not the reason we lost today and if you fail to see that, you simply don't understand the game.
Agree with everything you say
This thread should be scrapped

WWFC_Melbourne

Reaction score
Good career - but an abysmal player now. Sick of him .

Time for him to retire

I don't think anyone is arguing that Moutinho has been under par this season (regardless of what he did last night) but it's the entitled and down right disrespectful sentiment toward one of the most talented players to ever grace the Golden Palace.

"Abysmal player" is hyperbolic nonsense and it undermines your integrity of footballing analysis.

We've all been hurting sure but check yourself a wee bit

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is arguing that Moutinho has been under par this season (regardless of what he did last night) but it's the entitled and down right disrespectful sentiment toward one of the most talented players to ever grace the Golden Palace.

"Abysmal player" is hyperbolic nonsense and it undermines your integrity of footballing analysis.

We've all been hurting sure but check yourself a wee bit
He has been abysmal

As recent as Saturday he couldn’t pass 5 yards

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where his pass completion was 95%?
Backwards

95% of wolves fans have acknowledged how bad he was Saturday. One screamer doesn’t change his performances for the past 6 months - but hopefully it’s a turning point for him. I struggle to see it myself though

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

He’s getting on and he’s also been off form.
Just need to use him correctly - sill a great player to have available and around. Part of the pack. Doesn’t deserve to be written off as crap at the first sign of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom