Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although an ex-Leeds player his comments were fairly neutral last night and he was very articulate, unlike some of today’s pundits. If we are to see more black presenters and pundits going forward surely Jimmy Floyd ought to be towards the top of the list alongside Ruud Gullit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11332

He was very good and I really enjoyed his part about the Rooney rule and how he'd rather be interviewed and given the job because he was the right man rather than his ethnicity. We are seeing more and more especially on sky where out of 2 pundits one has to be BAME, regardless of how good they are at their job which I thought matched up with his thoughts on how diversity is being forced through as a box ticking exercise.

Hope he's on again soon.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I liked him, not seen him on as a pundit much. His comments about Conor Coady were really good too.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
Although an ex-Leeds player his comments were fairly neutral last night and he was very articulate, unlike some of today’s pundits. If we are to see more black presenters and pundits going forward surely Jimmy Floyd ought to towards the top of the list alongside Ruud Gullit.
He should certainly go above Clinton Marrison innit

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never forgotten his penalty miss against us in FA Cup quarter final at Elland road after Don Goodman had put us ahead. I was in Leeds seats. A Fun win.
Shame McGhee ****ed up the semi final with his team selection
I was watching videos of Bully ripping it up the other day and was thinking the exact same thing.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an entertaining pundit, and you respect what he says because he was talented and played for some major sides- and coached smaller teams. You listen to him. I would much prefer, of course, to see a disabled, transgender person as a pundit though, of course.

You'll be disappointed as there aren't actually any of them, never has been.

Now I would much prefer to see a white, middle aged, proper ex-football league player spewing out platitudes and cliches while clearly of below average intelligence. Thankfully, the media has loads of them to keep me happy, experts like Dean Saunders, for example.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Never forgiven him for that hatrick he scored against us after coming off the bench
Oh, I was at the match. More shocked that we were winning than anything and then they brought him, Duff and Parker (or Joe Cole?) on and we were destroyed. It had a long lasting effect on me, I still hate being 2-1 up to this day!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although an ex-Leeds player his comments were fairly neutral last night and he was very articulate, unlike some of today’s pundits. If we are to see more black presenters and pundits going forward surely Jimmy Floyd ought to towards the top of the list alongside Ruud Gullit.
Absolutely agree.
He also came up from a very humble and tough background.
As he told struggling to be a footballer at all Never mind the great pro he finally became. With breaking his leg in an accident at the age of 4. Having it reset a few times. Against all the odds he achieve great goals on the football pitch and in life in general.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curle and Hasselbaink. Best of mates.

Was it Hasselbaink that Curle grabbed by the throat or am I thinking of someone else?

download.jpeg.jpg

Curle v Hasselbaink - FA Cup quarter-final at #lufc 1998 (via @OlavSa).jpeg.jpg

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, I was at the match. More shocked that we were winning than anything and then they brought him, Duff and Parker (or Joe Cole?) on and we were destroyed. It had a long lasting effect on me, I still hate being 2-1 up to this day!
Remember the game (and day) well. Euston was closed and we had to go via Paddington to get there/back.

Got back to Wolverhampton just about coming to terms with it only to walk into the Combermere with almost perfect timing to see the game come up on whatever ITV’s version of MotD was called.

Ince scored a screamer if I remember?

edit, didn’t score, but had a great shot just after Hasselbaink came on which could have put us 3-1 up. Rest was history.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4152

Never forgotten his penalty miss against us in FA Cup quarter final at Elland road after Don Goodman had put us ahead. I was in Leeds seats. A Fun win.
Shame McGhee ****ed up the semi final with his team selection
In the leeds seats? That must have been fun. Lively as **** after by the peacock

I got married that year. Cup final day. May 2nd. Didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when I saw mghees selection.

My father in law told my mrs straight tho, if we did make the cup final the wedding would be postponed. The look on her face.

Reaction score
Never forgiven him for that hatrick he scored against us after coming off the bench
I was there, Wolves fans were singing to him about splinters in his **** being on the bench before he came on. He made a point of celebrating in front of us. Fairs fair if you give it youve got to take it too.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant he was that day. Weird I can’t remember what I had for breakfast today but I do remember it was his birthday as well.
Thought we might sneak a result but then bang, bang, bang. Unbelievable striker.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there, Wolves fans were singing to him about splinters in his **** being on the bench before he came on. He made a point of celebrating in front of us. Fairs fair if you give it youve got to take it too.

I was on the front row giving him some and for his hat trick he celebrated right in front of me ....fair play to him he destroyed us in those last 20mins.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Agreed. You forgot to add the mandatory "not linked or dead" to the thread title though!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s an entertaining pundit, and you respect what he says because he was talented and played for some major sides- and coached smaller teams. You listen to him. I would much prefer, of course, to see a disabled, transgender person as a pundit though, of course.

So you’re the one that likes Robbie Savage?!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is head and shoulders above Sol Campbell. Saw him on Saturday and it was poor. Micah Richards fresh to punditry looked embarrassed for him.

Sol will get more gigs than Jimmy-Floyd though
Self proclaimed "one of the greatest minds in the game" and seems to know sod all.

Micah is good. Clearly puts the effort in behind the scenes which is the 90% of the job people don't see.

Muscat threw mud at hasslebaink as he was running up to take a pen which he missed (han segers saved)
There was a melee thereafter in which hasslebaink headbutted curle (not seen by ref) then curle grabbed him.

molinew

Reaction score
Is it not possible to discuss the merits of a black pundit without comparing him or her to...other black pundits? Surely it is worth highlighting JFH's strengths as a pundit across the board rather than implicitly suggesting they're there as a box ticking exercise. Comments like "If we are to see more black presenters" and jokes about disabled people or trans people are disappointing but predictable for some of the dross that gets written on this forum.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it not possible to discuss the merits of a black pundit without comparing him or her to...other black pundits? Surely it is worth highlighting JFH's strengths as a pundit across the board rather than implicitly suggesting they're there as a box ticking exercise. Comments like "If we are to see more black presenters" and jokes about disabled people or trans people are disappointing but predictable for some of the dross that gets written on this forum.

Thanks for saying this. Some pathetic comments on this forum.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that is entirely the issue that the "tick the box" PC brigade has presented. People should be given roles and jobs on ability alone. Nothing more. Anything other is actually racist and prejudice. That is not the case anymore. It is absurd. I hate what society and "discrimination" has become in 2020.

On ability and skills, I really enjoyed JFH analysis on Monday. He was well balanced too considering you would have thought he would have Leeds allegiances. Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville are both really starting to get on my tits now so it was refreshing to see somebody fresh and articulate with it.

Disclaimer: I am not anti Liverpool/Manchester people. Tick.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: Clinton Morrison is actually an okay pundit. Firstly, he's clearly a nice fella and that comes thru. Secondly, IF you can just get passed his accent, what he says is pretty good.

He's really from south London so does actually talk like that - rest of the country hates it, yes - but at least he's not a wannabe.

So just listen to what he says, listen to his passion, he's sometimes quite funny... just ignore his catchphrase "and stuff like that" and his preposterous accent.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: Clinton Morrison is actually an okay pundit. Firstly, he's clearly a nice fella and that comes thru. Secondly, IF you can just get passed his accent, what he says is pretty good.

He's really from south London so does actually talk like that - rest of the country hates it, yes - but at least he's not a wannabe.

So just listen to what he says, listen to his passion, he's sometimes quite funny... just ignore his catchphrase "and stuff like that" and his preposterous accent.
Agree I really enjoy listening to him . As much as I love Murray he doesn’t have anywhere near the same passion

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is head and shoulders above Sol Campbell. Saw him on Saturday and it was poor. Micah Richards fresh to punditry looked embarrassed for him.

Sol will get more gigs than Jimmy-Floyd though
Timmy Mallett would be a better pundit than Sol Campbell. In fact Timmy from South Park would be a better pundit than Sol Campbell and he can only say his own name

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

An even more unpopular opinion:
Jamie O'Hara on TalkSport isn't a bad listen at all. I actually quite enjoy it when he's on.

Back
Top Bottom