Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jiminez

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was at his best and was looking to move on, you'd probably call him disloyal, traitor, etc.

"Raul even smiled in that picture with those two fans holding a Mexican flag after a loss!"
Nope, I will wish him well whenever and wherever he goes. Just genuinely think both parties need to go their separate ways. He is (understandably) a shadow of the player he was pre-injury and we need someone able to give 110%.

If I was him I would be looking at finding one last pay packet in a slower-tempo, less-robust league.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They play like 50% more games than us a season

There's still top players on the bench though.What minimalist is saying is.if we buy another couple of strikers Raul will throw his dummy outta da pram,if he dow start games.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally think it would be a big mistake to sell Raul, he is happy here and I firmly believe his form will recover when we have a fully functional team around him. People are reading too much into his return from critical injury, it's as much down to the lack of cohesion in the squad. A good pre season and he will be flying again. We are going to get mugged off with another amateur if we sell.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul, Silva, Hwang, Willians……all had trouble scoring goals over the last two seasons.

4 of them…….why?

Please don‘t expect Raul and co. to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Yes, since January our scoring has increased but, dear lord, most of them were scrambly, lucky, tap ins etc. and generally, not things of beauty.

…..and if we replace him……will our next striker face the same problems?

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho should not be brought back in any playing role, as harsh as it sounds.
I get where you’re coming from but disagree. He’s still playing regularly for his national team so he’s clearly got the ability.

It’s whether he wants to accept he may not play every game, in which case I think we see him move on a free back to Portugal, we laud an unbelievable footballer (we will look back and cringe at some of the abuse this place dished out) and free upwards of £100k off the weekly wages.

As for Raul, I think he will be off based on his body language and a couple of bits I’ve been told. No itk here by the way.

It COULD BE The best thing all round.

However losing Moutiho, Neves and Raul in one go would sting.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul, Silva, Hwang, Willians……all had trouble scoring goals over the last two seasons.

4 of them…….why?

Please don‘t expect Raul and co. to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Yes, since January our scoring has increased but, dear lord, most of them were scrambly, lucky, tap ins etc. and generally, not things of beauty.

…..and if we replace him……will our next striker face the same problems?
I believe that from that group you name only Raul is (or was) the only real predator type striker in and around the box. Since returning his ability with the ball hasn't really changed but his instinct in the box has, the others don't have that in their locker to begin with and are better suited driving forward from deeper positions

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

4 of them…….why?
Because Jota and Doc were sold?

Also, Hwang has found it much easier to score for us than he did for Leipzig last season. 5 goals for us. 0 for Leipzig.

You could add Cutrone to the list. He cant' score anywhere. The answer is that none of them are good enough at actually scoring goals. I just don't get this idea that goals have to "presented" to strikers who merely apply the finish. If you can't jump, have a shot weaker than most backpasses, no composure, not sharp enough, poor positioning, can't win battles with strong defenders etc etc then you will have trouble scoring even if you're given the #9 role at Man City.

Back
Top Bottom