Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jiminez

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Both probably on £30k PW each too, so would free up a lot of cash towards a top striker.
Cutrone is on £60k - cast iron I know for a fact
£15M is a hell of an offer, love Raul but as people have mentioned top earner + fee for an older player.
Although counter argument is that going rate for a decent striker in most cases (and I do mean only decent) is like nearly double that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said for much of this season imo unfortunately the injury has done for Jimenez. We can hold on to him for sentimental reasons but if we can get a decent offer for him we must sell him. I've always rated Lucas Moura, and he seems to be down the pecking order under Conte. Any chance he would come to us and could we afford him?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would too. Think he's perfect there
Me too. In that respect he’s similar to Kane in that he can play the supporting forward role even when his shooting boots are missing. I guess the issue is that we don’t have another out and out striker bar Silva, who’s still learning his craft.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it would be a question of what Raul wants - to stay and try and get back to his best, or move, and try a fresh start, perhaps in an easier league like the US, where he could finish his career on a high.

If he wanted to stay then I’d get both Cutrone and Bonatini off the books and bring in another experienced striker. Raul can play supporting role some games, and if back to his best, compete for the striker role. Hwang was possibly brought in with this in mind, but I don’t think his ball control and hold up play is anywhere near good enough. Silva could potentially be that other striker if he continues to develop over the summer, but assuming he needs more time, then I’d look to loan him out if the rules allow.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul left Benfica because he wanted to be the main man, had a serious injury and his first season back has been a frustrating season with little service, a constantly altering headgear to finally get something he can perform in and you can see he is frustrated with himself and not the happy confident Raul we love.

If we are planning to bring in a new starter I doubt Raul will happily play back up, if we are listening to offers for Raul then its by his request much like Saiss or Moutinho they don't have many years left and won't want to spend them sat on our bench.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul left Benfica because he wanted to be the main man, had a serious injury and his first season back has been a frustrating season with little service, a constantly altering headgear to finally get something he can perform in and you can see he is frustrated with himself and not the happy confident Raul we love.

If we are planning to bring in a new starter I doubt Raul will happily play back up, if we are listening to offers for Raul then its by his request much like Saiss or Moutinho they don't have many years left and won't want to spend them sat on our bench.
Have you seen our bench !

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a hunch but I think for a side short on goals to get rid of their top contributor of goals after one bad season might be a bad call.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a major thing to take into account. I really don’t think players who have had such high standing should then be expected to play second fiddle, same applies when people talk of having Saiss or Moutinho as “squad” players. It could be very bad for team spirit.
I’m not saying they can’t be rotated a bit and occasionally rested/subbed.
But if we spent big on a quality centre forward we wanted to play the majority of the time I’m not sure making someone like Jimenez sit on the bench only getting cup games and the odd ten minutes here and there would be conducive to a harmonious dressing room.

well how do man city manage.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also why is it that there has to be a “starter” and a “back up”. We should sign another striker to compete for a starting place with Raul.

Reactions: Ian

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah so have the starters thats why they want out, don't want to sit there with them all
I would love to think we will spend enough money to see quality players like Moutinho , Saiss and Jimmy on our bench. But I cant see it.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why do we need new players?we have had 26 different starters this season already.
We could lose a few and still have 2 for each position!
(of course what we need are better players)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If he goes to Bayern because Lewandowski is flirting with Barca I'd be amazed. Lewadowski is just ****ed off that Bayern won't give him his 3 year deal he wants instead of 2 and is meeting LaPorta to annoy them.

He'll get his 3 years in some form or another from Bayern imo.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively bigger wages. Many more highly competitive games including latter stages of champions league. Plus genuine young superstars coming in to have to prove themselves before they get ahead of original established player.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively bigger wages. Many more highly competitive games including latter stages of champions league. Plus genuine young superstars coming in to have to prove themselves before they get ahead of original established player.
This. Because we can’t afford to have a 25 man squad of similar quality players.
Well we can, we do what Mick did.
City and Liverpool have relatively ‘small’ 1st team squads. It’s that most of their rotation options are better than other teams automatic starters.
There’s little drop off.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Raul's on £41,000 a week, does that make him one of our top earners ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm on about players NOT playing,even though they're as good as the ones who have the shirt.Ya know the ones playing second fiddle as minimalist stated.
They play like 50% more games than us a season

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really can't believe some of the *******s on here - he was one of the best strikers we have seen in a long time at Molineux, gets his head smashed to **** and struggles in his first season back and people are saying they would take £2mil for him - fans are quick to scream lack of loyalty in football but after everything Raul has been through in the last 18 months some are still prepared to just **** him off

Disgraceful - if he is happy to stay then I am more then happy to give him the chance

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul's on £41,000 a week, does that make him one of our top earners ?
He's on way over that, way over. He is undoubtedly one of our top earners and probably on £100k+ a week

But I still think the player is there to be worth that, I definitely wouldn't be focused on getting rid of his wage

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can't believe some of the *******s on here - he was one of the best strikers we have seen in a long time at Molineux, gets his head smashed to **** and struggles in his first season back and people are saying they would take £2mil for him - fans are quick to scream lack of loyalty in football but after everything Raul has been through in the last 18 months some are still prepared to just **** him off

Disgraceful - if he is happy to stay then I am more then happy to give him the chance
To be fair, the guy who said he'd take £2m has repeatedly shown he knows **** all!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They play 50% more games than we do so even squad players can start 20+ times a season, pay considerably more in wages and offer them the chance to win trophies as part of the squad rather than start for an also ran.

Other than that though!!

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't rip my head off anybody, i'm only telling you where i saw it, transfer tavern, Birmingham mail
Nobody’s ripping your head off my mate just sounded a little on the low side that’s all

BucksWolf8

Reaction score

Couldn't agree more.

The issue for me is as much the system as Raul's form. Nobody attacks the box, and we never cross anymore. We've basically removed the most successful avenue of attack from our system without replacing it and still playing the same defensive shape.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both parties need to move on. Never going to be the force he was and we need the dosh.

MLS would be a good level for him at 31 years old. Not sure if there is a team with space for a designated player. Could see him at Miami or Charlotte.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the bigger issue is getting the likes of Bonatini and Cutrone off the books. They both still have 12 months remaining on their contracts so you’d think it’s time to take whatever we can get.

There's the problem we've got.

Not that they're on the books, the fact that we bought them in the first place.

We just can't buy strikers.

Cutrone
Bonatini
Silver
Hwang

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both parties need to move on. Never going to be the force he was and we need the dosh.

MLS would be a good level for him at 31 years old. Not sure if there is a team with space for a designated player. Could see him at Miami or Charlotte.
If he was at his best and was looking to move on, you'd probably call him disloyal, traitor, etc.

"Raul even smiled in that picture with those two fans holding a Mexican flag after a loss!"

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done. That's not something I want to say or take ANY enjoyment out of saying, but the guy is finished as a world class striker and at his age it's never going to come back. We just need to accept that and be very emotionless when it comes to replacing him, not hanging on for another underperforming season where what little value he has gets even smaller.

Loved what he did for this club but you can see he's just as annoyed with himself as anyone.

Maybe if we played a more attacking style that let him focus more on scoring goals than been such a work horse he might be ok next season, but as a team playing so defensively, we can't afford to have our main striker (whoever that is) not be performing at 100%, which has been the case for 2 years now.

Back
Top Bottom