Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeremy Helen

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 34m34 minutes ago
NEWS | Wolves have signed @swfc's versatile left-sider Jeremy Helan on loan until the end of the season. #WWFC

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 2m2 minutes ago
KJ on the arrival of Jeremy Helan: “He gives us natural balance on the left side, we’ve had a considerable amount of injuries down there."

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 1m1 minute ago
"He can play wide left or at left back. I think he’s capable of both and he’s comfortable in either depending on the system that you play."

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 28s28 seconds ago
“He’s an attacking player and has a lot of pace and power, which is something we need in either position. We're very pleased to add him."

So he'll be played on the right wing, just behind the striker or sat on the bench having a cuddle with Adam Le Fondre?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of our club, loaning players who Sheff Weds don't need.

A quote on their forums is very apt ie: A midtable player for a midtable team, they are actually being a bit charitable as we will soon be a bottom of the table team.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“He’s an attacking player and has a lot of pace and power, which is something we need in either position. We're very pleased to add him."

Something we need in EVERY position.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to not be fussed at all that he's gone. Great.

Not exactly thrilled but anything to stay in this poxy division.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope me does well. would be a player worth getting on a permanent deal. Not the most talented player. But got speed and power. Get him and Iofra playing well again and the defense starts to look a lot better again. add Williamson as well. Zyro back soon as is Henry. Whats all the worry about.

Ps I've had some coffee now.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to not be fussed at all that he's gone. Great.

Not exactly thrilled but anything to stay in this poxy division.

If he was somthing special why would they loan him out?

he isn't the most cultured player, but offers us things we lack.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was somthing special why would they loan him out?

he isn't the most cultured player, but offers us things we lack.

Not particularly fussed on him isn't much of a positive? A mid-table player for a mid-table side, hardly ground breaking as I said, but, he'll do for the time being, I mean we have been chasing him for two seasons after all.

:rolleyes:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not particularly fussed on him isn't much of a positive? A mid-table player for a mid-table side, hardly ground breaking as I said, but, he'll do for the time being, I mean we have been chasing him for two seasons after all.

He's going to be better then what we have. Is he going to be better the Golbourne?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's all well and good but if he's no good with a football and has no football brain he'll be as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Those attributes are far more important.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair the so-called young talents we sign all end up out on loan, on the bench, or just plain not good enough. It's what happens when you apply an academy approach to the first team, the majority won't make the grade.

So at this stage, thank $$$$ for a middle table player, we need one!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we are going to finally go 5 at the back?

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's with our recruitment? We get linked with players then 18-24 months later sign them......

Joe Mason
Michal Zyro
Jeremy Helan

So next January it'll be......

Chris Wood
Kike
The Reuben Brothers

M

Mr Wolf

He just seems like another thick idiotic defender who is more of an athlete than being anything cultured or classy. Happy to kick it & run down the line instead of using a footballing brain.

You want your idiot athletes in the middle doing the harrying & chasing or getting into the channels not being responsible for defending & positioning which is where we are lacking right now thanks to the current crop.

Butler, Craddock, Irwin, Foley spot the difference

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Yipidy do dah. On a serious note, this might sure us up defensively enough to stay up now. Keep old Kenny boy in a job.

D

DigZeeDean

I was looking on a Sheff Weds forum last night and there was a poll. The poll was with regards to Helan's stronger position. The results of the poll were unanimously as a midfielder over being a defender. But lets give the guy a chance.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just seems like another thick idiotic defender who is more of an athlete than being anything cultured or classy. Happy to kick it & run down the line instead of using a footballing brain.

You want your idiot athletes in the middle doing the harrying & chasing or getting into the channels not being responsible for defending & positioning which is where we are lacking right now thanks to the current crop.

Butler, Craddock, Irwin, Foley spot the difference

Interesting thought there mate. My Dad at the end of last season happened to have a chat to an ex Man Utd midfielder who made a comment about Iorfa that he thought Fergie would have shifted him to the center of midfield due to his athleticism.

E

Essex Wolf

Wish him all the best and lets hope he can bring something that will assist and improve the club.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the. Best Jeremy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Essex Wolf

Does he score goals ?

Well yes and no.

4 goals in 131 appearances indicates he's unlikely to solve the scoring issue but if he can keep the opposition out then a point will be very nice.

M

merseawolf

Would if liked to have seen Deslandes get a game or 2 before getting a loan in. However good luck fella your going to need it.

E

Essex Wolf

Would if liked to have seen Deslandes get a game or 2 before getting a loan in. However good luck fella your going to need it.

Think it has gone beyond luck John. A miracle more like. Anyway I'm getting back to my praying.:D

M

merseawolf

One thing that i always hate about some of our recent signings is the point that they make about being able to play in a few different positions. They say Zyro can play anywhere across the front, Mason can play No.10 or No.9
, Byrne can play wing back or wide either side and the list seems to go on and on about having versatile players. All very well but how bout getting players in that are up to it in one position. During my playing days it always made me laugh when a new player came in pre-season and said 'i can play up front or midfield' usually meant they were just as poor in either position. I always like players who just come in as a 'centre forward' or a 'right winger' or a 'left back'. Dont give me any of this versatile rubbish get players in who are good at one position and then PLAY them there.

P

Paul76

Good news.

Hopefully this guy can come in and help our beleaguered squad.

A striker would be nice too.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He has his faults but would never fault his attitude. An outstanding athlete who is quick but not much ball control."

"He can't pass a ball. Never going to fit in with CC's style of play"

"Horrendous footballer

Amazing track athlete"

"if football just consisted of running in a straight line as quick as you can, helan would be a good footballer."

"Never been a footballer.

Always tries though. Just nowhere near good enough. "

"Pace to burn but a poor footballer. Wish him well. Hope we have a player or 2 lined up to bring in."

"I liked Helan, he had the ability to carry the ball further up the field and get the whole team going forward without us having to aim for Nuhiu's head."

"Not a top end Championship player, but will be more than capable of doing a job for a team like Wolves."
http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237097-helan/page-3

M

Mr Wolf

Interesting thought there mate. My Dad at the end of last season happened to have a chat to an ex Man Utd midfielder who made a comment about Iorfa that he thought Fergie would have shifted him to the center of midfield due to his athleticism.

Having quality on the ball should be a prerequisite for any professional player, Iorful does not have that & don't get me started on the other 2 inside him. He'll give the ball away at least twice a game from throwins because he can't go feet & back & he has to really steady himself to line up a pass.

They might have strength, power & in his case pace but that is about it. All the times he marauders forward I don't really recall many assists, chances being made, quality crosses going in.

Nothing to do with age before anyone starts down that route.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"He has his faults but would never fault his attitude. An outstanding athlete who is quick but not much ball control."

"He can't pass a ball. Never going to fit in with CC's style of play"

"Horrendous footballer

Amazing track athlete"

"if football just consisted of running in a straight line as quick as you can, helan would be a good footballer."

"Never been a footballer.

Always tries though. Just nowhere near good enough. "

"Pace to burn but a poor footballer. Wish him well. Hope we have a player or 2 lined up to bring in."

"I liked Helan, he had the ability to carry the ball further up the field and get the whole team going forward without us having to aim for Nuhiu's head."

"Not a top end Championship player, but will be more than capable of doing a job for a team like Wolves."
http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/237097-helan/page-3

So we should have just re-signed Elokobi then

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome JH hope you can steady the ship UTW

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome on board Jeremy.

A couple of people have mentioned Deslandes and whether he should now go out on loan - if JH is a 'left sider' rather than a straight 'left back' doesn't this indicate that KJ sees him in either the LB or LW role and, if the former, couldn't both play?

I say this as someone who has never seen Deslandes play so I have no idea of his qualities.

M

MattySadler

Or we could of kept stearmen and Golbourne and bought a striker as soon as dicko was injured and we would of been higher up the table. This season I'm just lost for words I really can't understand what has happened to our team

This.

Preceded by replacing Sako and you're spot-on.

And this.

Two transfer windows and the club has just gone round in a circle and backwards. Absolute joke of a club.

F

FLEET WOLF

One thing that i always hate about some of our recent signings is the point that they make about being able to play in a few different positions. They say Zyro can play anywhere across the front, Mason can play No.10 or No.9
, Byrne can play wing back or wide either side and the list seems to go on and on about having versatile players. All very well but how bout getting players in that are up to it in one position. During my playing days it always made me laugh when a new player came in pre-season and said 'i can play up front or midfield' usually meant they were just as poor in either position. I always like players who just come in as a 'centre forward' or a 'right winger' or a 'left back'. Dont give me any of this versatile rubbish get players in who are good at one position and then PLAY them there.

Yes, so called versatile players, whilst perhaps good in one sense, are usually not particularly good in any of their positions. Think we signed Rowe because of his versatility and he has perhaps proved the point.

Back
Top Bottom