Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JEFF: sign a competent manager NOW!

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not too good to go down!

Get this appointment wrong and all the hard work to establish ourselves in the prem will unravel this season, as will the value of Fosuns investment.

We need an appointment showing intent which matches the quality of our top players, not shopping in the manager bargain bins.

And **** that useless **** Sellars off at the same time.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to happen. And I’m not sure who exactly gets a tune out of our gutless fairy ass players atm anyway. Far too many coasting through the game and wtf Moutinho brings to our midfield, especially when needing to be Lacey, direct and creative in trying to score a goal, I don’t see. There’s a **** load of sorting out to be done, but what needs to happen straight away is to cut the diving, rolling around, faking injury, flicks and tricks, and definitely stop strangling the midfield by having all snails in there.
I am not even convinced that Shi and Sellars are able to convince a strong, successful coach/manager to work for them.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need a top class head coach Jeff and we need him NOW!!

Forget meandering along until the World Cup, get a TOP CLASS head coach in NOW!

Jeff,, your future, the clubs future, our players future and the fans future depends on getting this appointment right.

Beale, Edwards, Bosz and the other cheap options are no good to us. Go shop at Harrods, not Primark.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not too good to go down!

Get this appointment wrong and all the hard work to establish ourselves in the prem will unravel this season, as will the value of Fosuns investment.

We need an appointment showing intent which matches the quality of our top players, not shopping in the manager bargain bins.

And **** that useless **** Sellars off at the same time.
I think you needed to leave it at ‘We are not too good.’ Going down seems an incredibly likely possibility at this moment in time. We somewhat fortuitously beat arguably the worst team in the league at the weekend, but there can be no mistake that we are equally as shot at present. No cohesion, no intent, no pace, no determination, no piling on the pressure, no keeping teams under the cosh. A good manager is going to need more than their skills and knowledge, they’re gonna need a ****load of luck and big balls to **** some of our airy fairy ‘footballers’ off.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a new medical team as much as a new manager. We're playing teams week in week out who still have pretty much their best XI against us, while we have a shell of a team on the pitch.
Injuries because these players are stretched at this level of competition.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their arrogance has cost us so much.

We have a good enough squad to compete well in this league.

However, we didn't have that squad for the first 3 games. We then didn't have a striker.

We then had a League Two manager. It's ridiculous.

They've done alright with the squad setup but their arrogance at thinking we could just get by has meant we're ten games in and not ready.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Their arrogance has cost us so much.

We have a good enough squad to compete well in this league.

However, we didn't have that squad for the first 3 games. We then didn't have a striker.

We then had a League Two manager. It's ridiculous.

They've done alright with the squad setup but their arrogance at thinking we could just get by has meant we're ten games in and not ready.
Arrogant is exactly it. They struck it lucky with nuno and thought they had some kind of midas touch. Far from it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least we're still in touch with the teams above us. But we're going down unless the right manager is found - massive few days coming up (assuming the new guy is announced this week)...

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need a competent manager...

Look at the other 5 top leagues with the exceptions of the champions league guarantees then I'd say a Premier League club is an attractive proposition compared to the other clubs in those leagues and there are some good managers in those leagues.

I personally have a feeling its going to be an appointment what surprises us who hasn't been linked via the press as of yet.s we experimented with Bruno we can't do it this time.

we are fosuns western power figurehead brand and Jeff has a huge amount of pressure from Fosuns billionaires and share holders to get this right.

T

TheConcourse

Bored of saying it. One man got us to the peak of our powers and then got frustrated when the money ran out.

He needs to be brought back immediately.

It’s absolutely criminal that we’re going to spaff our PL place away on a gamble. These people are making every mistake possible.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Jardim is available go and get him ASAP
All day every day. He’s in the UAE at the moment surely he’d jump at the chance of a premier league job.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately.. it's not attractive for awhile longer and that's only with the commitment that they can buy a couple players in January.

We don't have a ton of goal scorers.. or even players capable of scoring goals. Costa is obviously past his prime. Jimenez, even if he gets healthy, will never be the same unfortunately.

Yeah, we're a Premier League club. But that means if you come manage.. you're on the big stage. If someone can't turn this ship around quickly... their name will go down with it.

I said before and I'll say again.. the guy we get will either be a "last chance" or "first chance" kind of guy. A guy who is on his last chance to prove he deserves to manage Top Flight Football, but has no other clubs really calling at our level. Or a guy looking to get their first taste of Top Flight Football. I just don't see someone coveted wanting to come here with the gapping holes we have unless they get a massive commitment from management for backing in January.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi needs to show leadership and now as this season is becoming one big car crash. This squad will easily get relegated unless we appoint a good head coach. I also am starting to think we have had a dreadful transfer window last summer. Nunes and Guedes dont look worth 6 million combined never mind 60 million. What a mess.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While you’re at it Jeff get us a ****ing player like Zaha who scores consistently for the club.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shi needs to show leadership and now as this season is becoming one big car crash. This squad will easily get relegated unless we appoint a good head coach. I also am starting to think we have had a dreadful transfer window last summer. Nunes and Guedes dont look worth 6 million combined never mind 60 million. What a mess.

Mendes being a hindrance not a help again, showed up when Guo was here. Like a shark he could smell the agents fee

He tells us buy this guy buy this guy. We are excited turns out they are not as advertised currently. Hope a new head coach gets em working.

This is why I hope we start going away from mendes yes it's great having a super agent on speed dial but if that relationship benefits only him currently then there's an issue.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The longer this **** show goes on, the more I think Nuno needs to come back. I know that is going to upset some, but even if it takes us paying a fortune to get him to steady the ship and most importantly, unite it - that is what we need.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
… but what needs to happen straight away is to cut the diving, rolling around, faking injury, flicks and tricks,

Could this be one reason why refs are seemingly reluctant to give us free kicks?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes being a hindrance not a help again, showed up when Guo was here. Like a shark he could smell the agents fee

He tells us buy this guy buy this guy. We are excited turns out they are not as advertised currently. Hope a new head coach gets em working.

This is why I hope we start going away from mendes yes it's great having a super agent on speed dial but if that relationship benefits only him currently then there's an issue.
Nothing wrong with Guedes and Nunes that a top coach won’t be able to sort out. The problem is we’ll get one of Jeffs bargain basement specials.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The longer this **** show goes on, the more I think Nuno needs to come back. I know that is going to upset some, but even if it takes us paying a fortune to get him to steady the ship and most importantly, unite it - that is what we need.
And how would Nuno improve our attacking game?

T

TheConcourse

We’d do well to attract him now.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'a not just the manager though. The dodgy,brown envelope recruitment via the carousel has left us with a squad totally ill fitted for football in this league.

I am sick of losing based on the most fundamental traits of opposition players being able to run quicker and tackle more strongly.

It's bent and it's ****.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We haven’t scored more than one since Chelsea and before that Villa .Costa should have scored,then Traore did and Neves was unlucky .
We just didn’t come out at the start of the second half,they scored and we dropped deeper as they got the wind in their sails .
We have too many nicey nicey players who can’t/won’t put some snot about and fundamentally too many small players who aren’t combative /competitive enough .
How about some of our big earners starting to earn their corn ?
We have waited long enough to appoint a new Manager just bloody well sort it.
Off to bed # fed up

T

TheConcourse

And how would Nuno improve our attacking game?
Are you seeing what’s happening here? We’re as soft as it gets.

We concede soft goals most weeks. Teams walk through us. Our players look totally unfit and disinterested.

We need to focus on becoming solid, hard to beat and start doing the absolute basics again. Then maybe we’ll start to score more goals.

Chelsea: we would have needed to score 4.
Leeds: we would have needed to score 3.
City: 4.
West Ham: 3
Palace: 3

We talk about scoring goals. **** me, we’d need peak Ronaldo - both of ****ers - to get any points at the moment.

We’re as soft as it gets.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Davies is getting much wrong. Not sure what a new manager would do

Was just thinking the same. Unless he has a magic wand to bring back pre-injury Raul and Neto. Perhaps it's why the top managers are turning us down? They aren't seeing this £100M squad bursting with potential, but an unbalanced mismatched squad that won't have the funds required to really fix, because they just spent it.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you seeing what’s happening here? We’re as soft as it gets.

We concede soft goals most weeks. Teams walk through us. Our players look totally unfit and disinterested.

We need to focus on becoming solid, hard to beat and start doing the absolute basics again. Then maybe we’ll start to score more goals.

Chelsea: we would have needed to score 4.
Leeds: we would have needed to score 3.
City: 4.
West Ham: 3
Palace: 3

We talk about scoring goals. **** me, we’d need peak Ronaldo - both of ****ers - to get any points at the moment.

We’re as soft as it gets.
Fair points. But Nuno’s teams don’t create or score many goals and we’re even more deficient in the area of goal scoring than we were when he was here. This particular team have now gone 11 PL games without a second half goal. Under Nuno we were mostly a team of one half and this continued with Bruno.

I think there are 3 teams worse than us, Forest and Saints being two of them. The final spot is between Leicester, Leeds, Villa and Wolves on current form.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was just thinking the same. Unless he has a magic wand to bring back pre-injury Raul and Neto. Perhaps it's why the top managers are turning us down? They aren't seeing this £100M squad bursting with potential, but an unbalanced mismatched squad that won't have the funds required to really fix, because they just spent it.

I think Nunes and Geudes will come good. But coming into a **** show during the season, no real structure to the side is making it hard for them to adapt.

We're crying out for 3/4 more players in January just to balance the side. But they'll have to hit the ground running.

I'll be looking at Origi (struggling in Milan and will be available)
Sombody like Hudson-Odoi on loan from Chelsea. Not going great in Germany for him.
Emile Smith Rowe and Rob Holding not getting game time at Arsenal and would improve the squad and for me ESR would be fantastic for us even if it's on-loan.

Back
Top Bottom