Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi Out

Should Jeff Shi Go?

• Yes

Votes: 368 65.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 34.6%

• Total voters

R1ch

Reaction score
The frustrating thing about fosun, shi and the club is they were almost gifted this great position by mendes and Nuno and somehow managed to **** it up, I'm convinced the good decisions they've made are sheer luck because theres so many bad ones I'm not sure they're capable of making a few decent ones on their own.

They've never learnt when to sell players it's a disease that fosun have never cured. To keep Kilman when you're offered 35m and sell Collins for as good as no profit is mind blowing and then they go and make him captain, never in a million years should he be captain. This is just one of many examples where the club has been so poorly run their scattergun managerial appointments are bizarre, first season we went through some odd managers and more recently we go from, relatively inexperienced foreign manager to nearly appointing a rookie British manager then a highly experienced manager and back to a British rookie. You can imagine the debates or disagreements behind the scenes. How many other premier league clubs would go from nearly appointing Beale to hiring Lopetegui and then hiring O'Neil in under 12 months?

Fosun and shi could write a book on how to **** up being gifted a great position.

Sacking shi now probably does very little he's probably been told to take a step back already and at the end of the day he's just a mouthpiece for fosun if shi goes they'll wheel another out.

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
That means you Jeff. Overseeing the demise of this club because of your stubbornness and control.

The only thing that hasn’t changed in the last three years which should have is you. A poor CEO.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
That means you Jeff. Overseeing the demise of this club because of your stubbornness and control.

The only thing that hasn’t changed in the last three years which should have is you. A poor CEO.
It's Fosun not Jeff imo.
They relied on their business partner Uncle Jorge, some big money players backfired plus some bad luck and here we are

loppers86

Reaction score
i still can’t believe Gary O’Neil is our manager and he’s going to relegate us.

The fact they gave him a 3 year deal indicates to me we are planning to get to League 2 as fast as we can.

What a colossal **** by shi/hobbs!

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
Shi appears briefly in the new official welcome Santi Bueno video. I can't remember the last time I saw him on video, maybe last season, but he looks like he's aged about ten years.

Not surprising.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi appears briefly in the new official welcome Santi Bueno video. I can't remember the last time I saw him on video, maybe last season, but he looks like he's aged about ten years.

Not surprising.
It’s hard work running a football club that had been on. succesful 3 year run and making the club a media laughing stock and seemingly taking it from a very strong financial footing to one teetering on the brink of an FFP catastrophe because of bad financial mismanagement…..

But the massive pay rise he got for his failures can buy him some nice moisturiser and collagen products to firm up his skin……

A person only second to a politician to have the brass neck to give himself a massive pay rise for failing the club in almost every way while yet again taking more money from a fan base that has paid record %age increase in season tickets for an unmatched number of consecutive years…..

My heart bleeds for him…..

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun and Jeff, have given me the best times at Wolves in over 40 years. True, the purse strings have been closed and we have made mistakes, but we have no idea who are new owners would be and where we would end up.
It seems to me, that people have forgotten about the 40 years, before Fosun took us over. They have made mistakes true, but in my opinion, I have felt safer with them being our owners than at any time since I was a kid.
If they are leaving, I feel no need to talk disrespectfully about Fosun. I will just thank them for putting us back on the map. If they are staying, I hope they bring back the good days again, either way, I don't need to start hating Jeff or Fosun.
I trust them more than most out there, but I hope they get their act back together soon.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've only got to look back 10 months ago to see how Jeff Shi's "project" for Wolves was still on going to get us back into Europe was his ambition for WWFC.
As the song went "Jeff Shi went to Spain in a Lamborghini" ... Jeff did absolutely go out of his way twice lets not forget to get us a top class manager and to get his and Fosun's " project " for WWFC back on track and also hopefully get us into European football once again.
Jeff must have persuaded Julen Lopetegui as he did telling Nuno when first joining Wolves about " the project " and again after J L kept us in the PL.

Well we can all guess why and when Jeff went back on his word with Julen Lopetegui about "the project" ending can't we?
Yet we can see now by the appointment of Gary O'Neil that he has ended " the project " with no ambition to get us back to European football for the foreseeable future.

Jeff has hired Gary just to keep us in the PL and Jeff's ambitions and our dreams have gone. With Jeff just hoping now by how Gary did the job in keeping Bournemouth in the PL he'll do same for Wolves..

Jeff is failing WWFC now with his lack of ambition and by ending " the project " for the future of our great club...

As long as Jeff Shi is chairman and leader of WWFC we have no hope and he is only leading the club in one direction imo mediocrity at most!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun need to understand that running a football club is different to running their other businesses.
Or we need to understand that Fosun are running it like a business and don’t overly care for Wolves emotionally and cannot compete with State backed funds and high revenue generating Big 6.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or we need to understand that Fosun are running it like a business and don’t overly care for Wolves emotionally and cannot compete with State backed funds and high revenue generating Big 6.
For someone just approaching it as business concept, they are doing a pretty poor job of it.

Who would run a business by entrusting the day-to-day running of things to somebody with absolutely no prior experience or knowledge of that particular industry as they have done with Shi?

The money invested for annual loss after annual loss doesn't really reflect well on Fosun's business acumen if that's their only stake in the game.

I suppose one can look more favourably on Chelsea burning through cash for rubbish performances as their previous and current owners don't seem to mind the business losses as they are actively interested in the excitement of winning football matches.

Fosun basically fluked Mendes getting his best mate to manage the club and managing to hit a great 18 month period of underpriced top quality players to come here which put a huge sticking plaster over the cracks of our set-up for 3 wonderful years. Aside from that we have been by and large a shambles under Fosun.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well not investing in their business that could possibly lose a couple of hundred million off it’s vale next year doesn’t seem like a great way to run it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes to this……..….

………..we fans think with our hearts whereas Fosun most likely see Wolves as mainly a business. Guo must have confidence in Jeff otherwise he would have replaced him years ago.

loppers86

Reaction score
yes to this……..….

………..we fans think with our hearts whereas Fosun most likely see Wolves as mainly a business. Guo must have confidence in Jeff otherwise he would have replaced him years ago.
if they see us as a business then why are they trying to drive the value down? it just doesn’t add up…

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if they see us as a business then why are they trying to drive the value down? it just doesn’t add up…
To realise as much liquid cash as you can and lowering the overall asset value to a level where buyers may be interested - that’s the hope anyway

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
To realise as much liquid cash as you can and lowering the overall asset value to a level where buyers may be interested - that’s the hope anyway
American investment will hugely influence football becomes profitable, that’s not for negotiation. They’ve brought into football which they see as undervalued but given its private equity money in the main they will want a return sooner rather than later. More than anyone they’re pushing the regulatory bodies to control expenditure - salary caps, balancing spend/income ratios, etc.

I predict Wolves investment will come from the Americans and for those expecting unlimited spend dream on.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
American investment will hugely influence football becomes profitable, that’s not for negotiation. They’ve brought into football which they see as undervalued but given its private equity money in the main they will want a return sooner rather than later. More than anyone they’re pushing the regulatory bodies to control expenditure - salary caps, balancing spend/income ratios, etc.

I predict Wolves investment will come from the Americans and for those expecting unlimited spend dream on.

Well if they do want a decent return, they'll need to employ somebody capable of running football operations sensibly.

I would take that alone, given the person currently in charge.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saying they’re “trying to drive the value down “ is a tad rash.
Why on earth would they do that?…….simple answer is they wouldn’t.

As to your remark about ‘adding up’……..well, we don’t know what Fosun’s objective was when they bought Wolves nor what their current plan is. They might be somewhat happy with the way things are going.
The only thing I feel confident about is that Fosun want Wolves to stay in the PL…….now whether that changes this season has yet to be seen.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree American investors are tight look at Milan and even Liverpool in terms of net spend.

However compared to Fosun right now that’s like a choice between a hand job or a punch in the nuts.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi just does what Fosun tells him to do
When Fosun sanction 35M on a striker it’s Jeff who authorised the deal
Jeff Shi (will not admit his mistakes) unlike Captain Edward Smith did of the RMS Titanic by honourably staying with the sinking ship ..
You'll see Jeff Shi will bail out like he did going back on his word and to China when Julen Lopetegui left us..
Similarly to the likes of Joseph Bruce Ismay did being the chairman and managing director of the White Star Line In 1912, he came to international attention as the highest-ranking White Star official to survive the sinking of the company's new flag ship RMS Titanic, for which he was subject to only severe criticism.

We might sink to the championship by then but at least Jeff Shi will be out I hope?

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As to your remark about ‘adding up’……..well, we don’t know what Fosun’s objective was when they bought Wolves nor what their current plan is. They might be somewhat happy with the way things are going.
The only thing I feel confident about is that Fosun want Wolves to stay in the PL…….now whether that changes this season has yet to be seen.
Unfortunately they seem to be making the same mistakes as last season and this year I doubt they’ll find someone to ride to the rescue.

DJLWolf

Reaction score

I think most fans understand them running it like a business - no problem.

You aren't going to run this business successfully by employing a manager who isn't fit for the Premier league and spending nearly 100 million quid on strikers who are either never fit to appear, or who aren't good enough for this level.

By all means run it like a business, but don't run it like a moron.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they're happy with the way things are going , we're proper in the ****!!! Lol

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By commenting on Silva he made a rod for his and Silvas back. I just hope Silva doesn't cost another 2 managers their jobs.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think most fans understand them running it like a business - no problem.

You aren't going to run this business successfully by employing a manager who isn't fit for the Premier league and spending nearly 100 million quid on strikers who are either never fit to appear, or who aren't good enough for this level.

By all means run it like a business, but don't run it like a moron.
They’re hardly morons but I get your drift.
Football is rife with bad transfers……..so why would anybody think that Wolves would avoid mistakes that happen to every club sometimes?
Football is a very, very unstable business……it will drive you bonkers.
Unless your a City fan, don’t expect or count on anything in this biz.

Back
Top Bottom