Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jeff Shi In

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or….

I have a discussion and someone shows me a better viewpoint or argument and I have changed my opinion when I have been wrong, or accepted the other view point.

That isn’t retracting, that is called being open to discussion and changing viewpoint when better info is presented.

That isn’t gas lighting….

But you editing a post to add more after the other person has replied…. Now that is being honest eh???
No, that is wrong, I edited that post before I read another. I'll take being wrong, but not on that.
I've seen your posts and they are uniformly negative.
And I stay by my point that you gaslight. You enjoy arguing with Wolves fans rather than being a Wolves fan. You denigrate the owners and the club at every opportunity.
Maybe I'm just too old! A traditional Wolves fan, for so many years. I get angry with those like you that constantly moan and complain. And maybe I shouldn't! You expect Wolves to give you everything in life: everything that the world can acknowledge that makes Wolves and your life a success!
Me, I remember going to see orient at molineux with my mum in the 70s. I remember going to sleep,as a kid wearing my wolves bobble hat on a Friday night and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday being ruined if we lost on Saturday, before looking forward to the weekend again on Wednesday.
I remember the bhattis and also Richards, Hibbitt, Palmer and Parkin.
I remember our support dwindling and rebuilding.
I'm Wolves, always.
Do I want to argue with fellow Wolves fans? No. But you are not the kind of fan I spent my time on the terraces with.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, that is wrong, I edited that post before I read another. I'll take being wrong, but not on that.
And I stay by my point that you gaslight. You enjoy arguing with Wolves fans rather than being a Wolves fan. You denigrate the owners and the club at every opportunity.
Maybe I'm just too old! A traditional Wolves fan, for so many years. I get angry with those like you that constantly moan and complain. And maybe I shouldn't! You expect Wolves to give you everything in life: everything that the world can acknowledge that makes Wolves and your life a success!
Me, I remember going to see orient at molineux with my mum in the 70s. I remember going to sleep,as a kid wearing my wolves bobble hat on a Friday night and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday being ruined if we lost on Saturday, before looking forward to the weekend again on Wednesday.
I'm Wolves, always.
Do I want to argue with fellow Wolves fans? No. But you are not the kind of fan I spent my time on the terraces with.
We’re very close to being a very good side. We were superb on Saturday with every player doing well and playing good exciting football. Now this news comes out and I feel like we’re going to be right back at the start of last season with a manager who is completely out of his depth and will be gone by Christmas with us again languishing in the relegation zone. Only problem is there won’t be a Lopetegui to come in and save us. That’s why it’s imperative we keep him and give him the tools to do the job because if we do we could well be pushing for Europe.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Wolves, always.
That's a bit unwarranted IMO.

I think far too many on here argue the posters over the points. Who cares if what he said is negative in the past? Does it matter to this specific point?

Right now, we have owners who are talking to Gary O'Neil about replacing Julen Lopetegui.

It doesn't matter if you watched us win the FA Cup or in Division Four, or both, or neither. What matters is our owners are potentially doing something that will seriously increase our chances of relegation in the eyes of many.

This is something that should unite the fan base. There should be anger that we're potentially losing someone who won the Europa League with Sevilla for someone who was sacked by Bournemouth.

There has to be concern and negativity at our current situation because it's bleak. We all want Wolves to be successful, and the news coming out is not contributing to that.

We've all seen Wolves in a worse position than this, but it doesn't mean we have to wait until we go back down before we're allowed to say something.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A fans letter to shi highlighting all his mismanagement of clubs finances made public should do the trick, fosun will have to act.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Wolves, always.
Except we were on the terraces at the same time……

Also the editing post one isn’t wrong…. You did it to me….. you added on a part about patronising you…. Look at the quote reply I did…. Your added part wasn’t there…. So don’t lie, it weakens your argument somewhat.

You don’t know me mate, I worked in football in a black and white statistics and analysis world. So I few football very differently to so many! I will pick out the negatives…. Why??? Because when you pick them out, work on them or remove what causes it and you get better. It is called elite sport. Elite sports teams like wolves get better when they look to improve and remove issue areas, not by standing still And saying everything is fine when sorry it clearly isn’t.

I support the players all the time, but I know that they deserve better than they are getting from the club.

I want the club to give our players every chance of success on the field.

when have I said I look for wolves to give me everything? Is asking for the club to be well run and give them and the players a great foundation too much to ask for?

I grew up in this city, I went with my father and late grandfather for decades and cried my eyes out in Cardiff as I lost my grandad to cancer only 4 weeks before!!

You list all things you did for an emotional response, suggesting people like me couldn’t have done them too??? Well guess what me and many on here you have a go at did exactly the same!!!

This club is a huge part of me, as it is for you clearly so don’t you dare paint your self as a super fan better than anyone else because you feel like the moral arbiter because you defend Jeff and fosun at a time when they are failing to an insane degree but those who disagree are bad fans!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be patient if they didn’t make **** up after **** up. They drove the best manager we’ve had for 40’yeara out. They recruited a complete muppet to replace him who nearly got us relegated. I was critical of Morgan and Hayward and Fosun are making the same mistakes.
Same mistakes?
I don’t seem to remember Dave Jones or Mick getting supported with £110m worth of players, or Morgan and Hayward writing off £150m worth of debt.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it’s wrong.

It’s not wrong, we were looking like we weren’t going to spend any in January, then all of a sudden we had the money, I presume because Guo turned the tap back on and we spent a ton to ensure survival, I don’t know how anyone then expected us to spend a fortune this window too, without some kind of fire sale. Since then it appears something else has happened that’s stopped what looked like a trickle of money being available, to potentially none at all. We can debate all we want why that is, but the fact is January we spent a huge amount to ensure survival, and that money seemingly became available in the space of a week. It’s not rocket science to realise that spend was probably brought forward due to the scenario we found ourselves in, in January

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only problem with your plan is that none of us have the faintest idea of the details of what the club's finances are.
Jeff shi knows, jeff knew what the tight rope was last summer from previous years accounts then sanctioned the january spend knowing we wouldnt have a pot to pi ss in this summer talk about throwing all your eggs in one basket. Spent 35 million on a kid, yes he might come good but its been 3 years now and still waiting on that one.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The situation is just too complex for most to get their head around. Loads of people look at situations in a binary manor - good or bad. It's the owners perogative to decide the level of investment they want to commit, Jeff does as he is told by Fosun. They in turn have to play to the CCP's tune and all the geopolitical issues, not to mention the global economic environment.

They committed a lot of this summers transfer budget in January, I like Cunha but he will never be worth the £40m we paid - that was a JP signing.

This Fosun out nonsense is insane. I was watching YouTube the other day and some guy had done a 5 year premier league table - we are 9th in that table over the last 5 years.

I have been going down the Mol since 1979 I don't remember a consistent run in the top division like we have had under Fosun. Yes they have made some mistakes, but they have been good owners considering the state of relations between China and the West.

Think about that for a minute - the fact I have to talk about geopolitical situations in terms of our football club. This is why very few will really get the complexity of our situation, everything is not black and white, and things change.

JL has a good squad, he needs to shut up and get his head down and earn his reported £5m a year.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The situation is just too complex for most to get their head around. Loads of people look at situations in a binary manor - good or bad. It's the owners perogative to decide the level of investment they want to commit, Jeff does as he is told by Fosun. They in turn have to play to the CCP's tune and all the geopolitical issues, not to mention the global economic environment.

They committed a lot of this summers transfer budget in January, I like Cunha but he will never be worth the £40m we paid - that was a JP signing.

This Fosun out nonsense is insane. I was watching YouTube the other day and some guy had done a 5 year premier league table - we are 9th in that table over the last 5 years.

I have been going down the Mol since 1979 I don't remember a consistent run in the top division like we have had under Fosun. Yes they have made some mistakes, but they have been good owners considering the state of relations between China and the West.

Think about that for a minute - the fact I have to talk about geopolitical situations in terms of our football club. This is why very few will really get the complexity of our situation, everything is not black and white, and things change.

JL has a good squad, he needs to shut up and get his head down and earn his reported £5m a year.

Well fingers crossed China and the west are best friends come January! You can be accepting that Fosun have been great for us, whilst realising that going forward this isn't going to work due to Fosuns changing stance in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom