Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January window affected?

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
will our recent form affect our persuasive power in the January window?

We clearly need additions but recent matches id imagine would make any potential signing question our merits.

For what it’s worth I think we’ll sort it out and want Nuno here.

Don’t want to be doom and gloom but saying in Nuno I trust or insult others is sticking you head in the sand. There are issues...what we do here is discuss them.

Get Jonny back in and I’d concentrate on the midfield as for me it’s not working. Neves doesn’t appear to be his usual self. I’d probably give jota another run now.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we can attract players with Moutinhos reputation as a newly promoted team we’ll be fine. Might have to dig a bit deeper for wages but that’s what Fosun are for.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good winger, central midfielder and a striker and we will be back on track. Minimum for me is a winger and central midfielder.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can do all you like with midfield but if we've no striker / wingers who can score / hold the ball up a bit better it won't help.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question; yes, if we haven't arrested our current sump, then we will struggle to bring-in meaningful reinforcements. Which decent players in their right minds would want to join Wolves if in 4 months time they are likely to be playing in the Championship or seeking a new club?

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep, if we are 15th or below in Jan we will struggle to recruit the quality we need. It happens to all teams in that position every year, why should we be different?

We recruited well in the summer because there was an expectation we would do well

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will effect whose interested and in turn who we can attract, champions league/europa league players won’t drop to a relegation battle but they might consider a top 10 side with an outside chance of making the europa league, summer it was easier to say to people like Patricio yeah we are new but we will be pushing for top 10 first season than it is to sell that to someone when your down the bottom of the table half way through the season.

K

Knocker Lite

I would go for a couple of experienced inside forwards who can look after the ball and bring others into the game. Giving us the ability to retain the ball once we move it forward.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Runout has it we’ve already spent our January transfer budget on the pre-match fireworks ;)

Seriously.....I’d get 1 striker in on loan (notoriously difficult in January though) and what’s big Alf N’daye doing these days? he could add some strength to our midfield 2 when needed.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Contracts can be vey short term and flexible. Money will talk.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not helpful losing matches but we can still get in good players. Two strikers needed imv and a combative central midfielder
Another WB would be handy.

We are already committed to spending £12m on Dendoncker who can't get a game so not sure how much there will be to spend. At least one signing will be on loan. Iorfa and at least another four or five will go. Hause and/or Saiss might also depart to help balance the books. Our bad form will create more urgency in the transfer market - that is for sure.
But the players need more heart as much as they need material additions.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need quite a few new players and quickly looking at the last few games.

D

Deleted member 4436

No. I think the lure of the Premier League is enough, alongside the wages that come with it.

Players/agents aren’t stupid. They’ll have conversations about the permutations of being relegated after signing in January.

D

Deleted member 5962

The thing I see missing from these discussions is the FFP rules mean we may well have nothing to spend.

With us now paying 15 million for Patricio and 12 for Dendonker, I am not sure how much more we can spend without selling.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I see missing from these discussions is the FFP rules mean we may well have nothing to spend.

With us now paying 15 million for Patricio and 12 for Dendonker, I am not sure how much more we can spend without selling.
Spiers has already said we don't have much to spend.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question; yes, if we haven't arrested our current sump, then we will struggle to bring-in meaningful reinforcements. Which decent players in their right minds would want to join Wolves if in 4 months time they are likely to be playing in the Championship or seeking a new club?
Loanees?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have too many players not playing to PL standard at present and it will be difficult in January to bring in players who will make a difference not just this season but in future too. If we are too severely affected by FFP that will be more difficult. We must survive this season and pick up some quality players during the summer transfer period.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

We can still do loans

ADBS65

Reaction score
Ask yourself if you were a quality player would you come to Wolves when we have a 12 million pound player not even on the bench (even though we have not won in 6) players that appear undropable regardless of form and we can’t seem to score in open play? I reckon you would take some convincing or have absolute faith in your ability to make a difference

D

Deleted member 5962

Players can leave too to balance it out

On current form. The only players other teams may want are the ones we really don't want to sell, or a few lower division clubs will take a chance on a few on the fringes.

Hope I am wrong but I can't help feeling those expecting multiple new first team players in Jan might be disappointed.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
On current form. The only players other teams may want are the ones we really don't want to sell, or a few lower division clubs will take a chance on a few on the fringes.

Hope I am wrong but I can't help feeling those expecting multiple new first team players in Jan might be disappointed.
Realistically it may well be 2/3 loanees and a permanent and then go again in the Summer.We have made mistakes which need to be corrected.The squad is not big enough.

D

Deleted member 5962

If we had the money, I'd suggest David Neres from Ajax. Hes sorta like a Jota/ Cav hybrid (And he is another left footer, meaning Costa wouldnt be the only natural left footed forward in the squad anymore). But I dont think we can spend 30 million euros in jan on one player.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had the money, I'd suggest David Neres from Ajax. Hes sorta like a Jota/ Cav hybrid (And he is another left footer, meaning Costa wouldnt be the only natural left footed forward in the squad anymore). But I dont think we can spend 30 million euros in jan on one player.
Then we can't be expected to finish top half.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will our recent form affect our persuasive power in the January window?

We clearly need additions but recent matches I'd imagine would make any potential signing question our merits.

One thing still going in our favour at the moment is the fact that we've done well in our fixtures against the two Manchester clubs and against Arsenal, and were mostly competitive in our fixture with Tottenham. It is the fixtures against the Top Six that make waves outside the UK, and it is from outside the UK that we'll be looking to recruit. These games get attention overseas in a way that our fixtures against Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff simply do not. However, the positive aura outside the UK that we may have acquired by our early season results against the two Manchesters and Arsenal could all be undone by January if we make waves for all the wrong reasons in our forthcoming games against Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would go for a couple of experienced inside forwards who can look after the ball and bring others into the game. Giving us the ability to retain the ball once we move it forward.
Inside forwards - showing your age.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say we have a loan or two lined up already in Jan but a striker has to be one of them

D

Deleted member 4453

Depends if deals are being worked on currently behind the scenes. The leaking of names would suggest so. Then again I have no idea how deals work, so maybe a question for an ITK?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fosun will have to do whatever they can if we become strugglers.They will find a way.There is no way they will just sit there and do nothing.BUT I am an optimist and think we will survive easily.

No I've not had a drink,YET.:p

D

Deleted member 5962

Fosun will have to do whatever they can if we become strugglers.They will find a way.There is no way they will just sit there and do nothing.BUT I am an optimist and think we will survive easily.

No I've not had a drink,YET.:p

I don't doubt they will do what they can. I just think we are going to be restricted heavily by FFP.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will move a few on and get loanees in if we have to.Don't forget we have uncle George.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I heard we are spending £85m on two players in January. Deals already lined up.

Back
Top Bottom