Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I'm slightly baffled about all this talk of us not addressing our striker position, it was literally the first signing we made in January! You may not agree with the choice of striker, and clearly many of us would like more options, but Cunha has absolutely been brought in for that position. He's spent the vast majority of his career playing as a CF, so why is everyone so convinced he isn't? He was the man JL wanted and he's the man he got. As has been mentioned, the fact he can play across the front 3 is an added bonus giving us more flexibility.

If you look at his goals per minute over his career he actually averages a goal every 3 games, which for a team like us is about as good as you can realistically hope for.

I'm not saying the goals are suddenly going to start raining down, few teams in the league are free scoring and if they are it's usually at the expense of defensive solidity, which goes against JL's style. But make no mistake, Cunha's signing along with Sarabia and the other midfield reinforcements are absolutely designed to help bring the goals.

It's also unfair to extrapolate our scoring record from the first half of the season to predict the second half. We're a very different team to pre-Christmas and we need to have faith in JL and the players he's brought in. Raul and Costa haven't been great, but they've been starved of service, its not unreasonable to expect an upturn in their output given all the changes we've made over the last few weeks.
Exactly this. julen is obviously confident that goals will come otherwise he would have prioritised someone other than Cunha.

Reaction score
I mean Nuno did that plan successfully for a few years so why not Julen

So we're banking on scoring 1 goal a game to be enough because we're now so brilliant we won't let any in ! sounds like an excellent plan if it was feasible.
I would actually take 1 goal a game. We're currently averaging .6 of a goal a game and we're not even sitting in the relegation zone with that amount

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Sarabia scored freely at sporting with nunes feeding him, I think podence gets to double figures with Cunha sarabia Neto and others expected to bring in more

Take the city game out of it we scored much more since post world cup.

Judge after Fulham please guys, massive February
We’ve already written Sarabia off do keep up

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve played a noticeably higher line since J-Lo has come in and we’ve certainly gone at all teams apart from City
That Liverpool cup game was very poor the league games slightly better il judge us after 37 games this Saturday huge indicator

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton apparently triggered the £26m release clause for Braga striker Vitinha.
Annoying…

£26m is a large fee, but personally think he has all the tools to do very well in England if he keeps up his development. 6ft, has decent pace and a lot power to his game, is such a hard worker leading the line & has that bit of a killer instinct in front of goal to go with it.

13 goals + 5 assists in 22 starts & 5 sub appearances in all competitions for Braga this season - Only 22 y/o.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Sa now has competition for his place.

We now have an experienced CB to support Max and Collins.

We have a gritty and experienced CM to do the dirty work so the others can play. We've just signed a Pitbull.

Cunha and Sarabia are a massive step up on Traore and Hwang.

JL has the players now. We still have Neto and Sasa to come back.

It's been a great window, we'll be fine.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che Adams isn’t better than what they’ve got with Maupay. Gyokeres is a risk in my view. He could be great, he may take time to adapt. We should enter the race just to cause Everton problems, eg making them up the price. Maybe offering Hodge until end of the season and maybe next as part of the deal. I do remember Thelwell spent ages scouting Leon Clarke at Coventry but didn’t choose Callum Wilson instead going for Nouha Dicko.
I'm glad you've mentioned Leon Clarke as we're all agreed we need a magnificent focal point to finish off the chances our new players should fashion and Leon just happens to be a free agent right now. He's free as a bird and would surely, with the right ammunition, fire us to safety.

Third time's the charm they say.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The spurs fans in the comments on that tweet are suggesting Davidson Sanchez could be the trade player as he was linked to Sevilla to replace Kounde in the summer

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The killman rumour cites ' the wolf' as a source. I can't find a link to the original source. Doubt 'the wolf' is tier 4 let alone tier 2.

Back
Top Bottom