Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s just a wild rumour, that figure looks absolutely insane for him.

Is it though? he's a regular English player in the Premier League at his peak age who has skills VERY few English CBs have. Look at how much the prices of Stones and Maguire were inflated because they were both English and ball-playing centre halfs. Given the inflation in the transfer market since those transfers and with most top 6 club academy players defaulting to a £15-20m value, I think £40m is about par?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it though? he's a regular English player in the Premier League at his peak age who has skills VERY few English CBs have. Look at how much the prices of Stones and Maguire were inflated because they were both English and ball-playing centre halfs. Given the inflation in the transfer market since those transfers and with most top 6 club academy players defaulting to a £15-20m value, I think £40m is about par?
For me he’s been over hyped by fans. In a low block and in a back 3 with an extra defender helping him and two defensive centre midfielders in front of him he looked great. He’s been poor in a back 4, much worse than Collins who’s had plenty of stick. Hes far too passive and doesn’t have the aggression to dominate forwards which he absolutely should. The two players you mention in Stones and Maguire are absolutely miles better than him and they get stick. Id say his realistic value is £15-20 million

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he’s been over hyped by fans. In a low block and in a back 3 with an extra defender helping him and two defensive centre midfielders in front of him he looked great. He’s been poor in a back 4, much worse than Collins who’s had plenty of stick. Hes far too passive and doesn’t have the aggression to dominate forwards which he absolutely should. The two players you mention in Stones and Maguire are absolutely miles better than him and they get stick. Id say his realistic value is £15-20 million
I think Dawson replaces Kilman by end of season so I wouldn’t hate if Kilman went off for 40M, but I highly doubt JL would let that happen this late in the window now that Felipe is off to Forest.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're right, his lack of pace means playing in a back 4 with a high line has highlighted his deficiencies, but under Conte he'll be played in a 3-4-3 and he'll be fine, they have loads of pace and physical aggression in that team already. What they need is defenders who are capable of playing as pseudo-midfielders and Kilman can do that.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry Souttar who's never kicked a ball at this level is apparently going to cost Leicester £15-20m, so that's a laughable valuation, sorry. I know you don't rate him, but that's just ridiculous.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d be more upset to lose Collins than Kilman ( who I think is a good player).

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a great window and Julen has been backed, I've still got a nagging doubt about the main forward though. Not just goals scored, but also what a forward player can bring with work rate and creating space for others.

With someone up top who can get 5 plus goals between now and the end of the season I think we'd be around 13th/14th without that it'll go to the last couple of games:confused:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harry Souttar who's never kicked a ball at this level is apparently going to cost Leicester £15-20m, so that's a laughable valuation, sorry. I know you don't rate him, but that's just ridiculous.
I don’t not rate him at all, I just think he has been massively overrated by wolves fans. He looked decent in a very defensive formation with a defensive team but he’s been exposed massively since we have gone to a back 4. He has the tools to be a top player but he’s missing one that I don’t think you can coach into players and that’s aggression.

I might be £5 million light on his valuation but there’s absolutely no way he £40 million

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it that some of our fans consistently undervalue our players? Is it some kind of transference thing where they project their own lack of self worth on to our players? Why would anyone think a 25 yr old English Premier League standard defender should only be worth 15-20m where Lewis Dunk is valed at £30m and Ben White went for £50m?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it that some of our fans consistently undervalue our players? Is it some kind of transference thing where they project their own lack of self worth on to our players? Why would anyone think a 25 yr old English Premier League standard defender should only be worth 15-20m where Lewis Dunk is valed at £30m and Ben White went for £50m?
Like most forums the mix tends to see all the negatives and few of the positives. This applies to our players as well as the club as a whole.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep Max is a decent PL standard defender. He's still comparatively inexperienced and doesn't help him to be next to another novice but he can get back to his best and play successfully in a back 4 in my view.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's also left-footed which tends to put a premium on his price.

Back
Top Bottom