Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s been a good window. However we still haven’t addressed our goal scoring issues. Quite concerning to be honest.
While a new striker would have been great, some of the names we've been linked with have left me cold, Ings (always injured), Wood, Antonio, all past it and not that good in the first place.
As to whether or not we've addressed our goal scoring issues? We will see, I'm hopeful Cunha, Sarabia and Podence can sort it out.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s just me but I’ve never got the love in for Conor Gallagher, he’s just one of those old school busy English midfielders who folk seem to love. He just reminds me of a Jack Russell chasing a tennis ball
That's exactly what my missus family (all Chelsea STH's) described him as

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s been a good window. However we still haven’t addressed our goal scoring issues. Quite concerning to be honest.

They are being addressed every day, just by having a proper manager in charge.

10 in 9, including blanks against a United, Liverpool and City, compared to 11 in 17 previous to Lopetegui.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only four “Proper centre forwards” (whatever they are in the modern game) have more than 10 goals in the premier league this season and two of them (Toney and Mitrovic) would be on 7 and 6 from open play. There’s this myth that centre forwards are back in premier league football when realistically the only two great ones are Haaland who is a freak of nature and Harry Kane who’s been the best British one in a quarter of a century.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Antonio starting for West Ham in the FA Cup. Probably safe to say he’s staying put for the rest of the season.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't tell you not to worry, as that is your own decision. However, personally, I try not to fret over things that I have no control over. Besides which, we have spent some serious money on established players. Whether or not it is sufficient, is what will make the rest of the season "interesting" (to say the least).

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only four “Proper centre forwards” (whatever they are in the modern game) have more than 10 goals in the premier league this season and two of them (Toney and Mitrovic) would be on 7 and 6 from open play. There’s this myth that centre forwards are back in premier league football when realistically the only two great ones are Haaland who is a freak of nature and Harry Kane who’s been the best British one in a quarter of a century.
SBK, re. your comment "Proper centre forwards"and whatever they are in the modern game, I believe that they are now called "Big No. 9's"

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Gomes is the last signing of the window, I do hope that Chiquinho’s spot has been saved of that of Sasa. I really thought this was going to be his season and I’d love to see what he can do for us on the RW.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dembele fails the “no ********” policy by quite a distance. Literally kicked up a fuss at every club he’s been at to get away, they’re always happy to be shot of him

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh just like we have.

And would trust JLo over Yank Lampard and Gary O'Neil tbh
Very true! Just saying, I think it's going to be a proper relegation battle. No side is taking this lying down, even Bournemouth and Southampton have splashed in this window. I'm happy with our window, but would obviously love if we could get a striker over the line tomorrow to ease my fears about our lack of goals.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate to agree with you over Horseface Kane though....

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that based on anything?

I think Hodge goes out on loan given our new depth in midfield (never thought I’d say that) but TBD.
We're following 1,880 yesterday and 1,876 today, plus a healthy chunk of male intuition

So in answer to your question, absolutely nothing

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't tell you not to worry, as that is your own decision. However, personally, I try not to fret over things that I have no control over. Besides which, we have spent some serious money on established players. Whether or not it is sufficient, is what will make the rest of the season "interesting" (to say the least).
It's a good philosophy, but I am afraid I am not wired that way. Don't like 'interesting' and scary', prefer 'predictable but safe'.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha and Sarabia have been brought in to solve that. There is absolutely zero to be concerned about.
Cunha a striker?? He looks more of a winger to me. Okay we should be starting him with Raul but Podence is in form and Sarabia is meant to be better than anything we have. Formation and selection is going to be interesting going forward. I hope we solve our issues soon.

Back
Top Bottom