Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I unfollowed him a while ago … useless / on holiday / always negative
I’ve never followed him if I’m honest just clicked on a link.

Tweeted The Athletic to let them know their reporter is blocking potential customers access to the product they are selling.

He’s a salesman on a mission to **** off his customer base as much as possible.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see Gyokeres as the answer
Yes hes scored double figures at a lower level,but he is slow and not great with hold up play
If hes bought just to stand around the box fair enough,but i dont see that style in JLs teams

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same source who told me JL was done and dusted two weeks before he was announced as all and sundry were ****ting themselves on whether he would sign or not.

Interesting. Just shows that despite the crap Madeley and other reporters are spouting we are looking at strikers. We may not sign one but I am convinced we will be looking.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tete off to Leicester from our old friends Lyon. Some rumours Newcastle may move for Maddison.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take a chance on Gyokeres, I genuinely think he fits the mould of what we need. At the very least he'd be able to put himself about a lot more than Raul or Costa as a focal point. Seemingly wouldn't cost the world either (£15-20m?).

He's the type of player you see at Brentford or Brighton in a year banging in goals, being linked with top six clubs and wondering why we didn't take that chance on him.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still need a CF and I hope Antonio is the man. Although Origi mentioned above, is a good shout.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway with the window counting down has anyone got any realistic suggestions for a new striker?

Most of the ones I'd say have already been talked about on here but a couple I'd love at Wolves:

Breel Embolo - only signed for Monaco in the summer for £10m but really impressed in the World Cup and in Ligue 1. Big physical #9, Monaco probably would be very reluctant to sell as they're fighting for Europe and would need to replace him.

Enes Unal - former "wonderkid" when he signed for Man City, finally finding his feet in La Liga for Getafe. 16 goals last season. Atletico Madrid were interested but opted to go with Memphis Depay. Getafe fighting relegation so unlikely to part without a considerable offer so they can replace him and upgrade in other areas, rumoured that Atletico enquired and were told €25m.

That being said, I do like Gyokeres. It's a risk, as is any striker we bring in, but he fits the profile of striker I think we need. At £18m (as mentioned above), that's a relative drop in the ocean for a striker in this day and age. At the very least, if it doesn't work out, there'd be clubs in the Championship that would snap him up for £10m given his goalscoring record at that level over the last two years.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most of the ones I'd say have already been talked about on here but a couple I'd love at Wolves:

Breel Embolo - only signed for Monaco in the summer for £10m but really impressed in the World Cup and in Ligue 1. Big physical #9, Monaco probably would be very reluctant to sell as they're fighting for Europe and would need to replace him.

Enes Unal - former "wonderkid" when he signed for Man City, finally finding his feet in La Liga for Getafe. 16 goals last season. Atletico Madrid were interested but opted to go with Memphis Depay. Getafe fighting relegation so unlikely to part without a considerable offer so they can replace him and upgrade in other areas, rumoured that Atletico enquired and were told €25m.

That being said, I do like Gyokeres. It's a risk, as is any striker we bring in, but he fits the profile of striker I think we need. At £18m (as mentioned above), that's a relative drop in the ocean for a striker in this day and age. At the very least, if it doesn't work out, there'd be clubs in the Championship that would snap him up for £10m given his goalscoring record at that level over the last two years.
Perhaps with Diaz at Blackburn signing a pre agreement to join a club in Spain next season, we should offer to take him on loan for the rest of this current season and offer a million or 2 loan fee.

Would be a decent short term solution and would mean Blackburn actually make some money from the player, because at the moment they are making f all!

Not sure if this kind of deal can happen though or if he cannot play anywhere due to the agreement with the Spanish club.

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps with Diaz at Blackburn signing a pre agreement to join a club in Spain next season, we should offer to take him on loan for the rest of this current season and offer a million or 2 loan fee.

Would be a decent short term solution and would mean Blackburn actually make some money from the player, because at the moment they are making f all!

Not sure if this kind of deal can happen though or if he cannot play anywhere due to the agreement with the Spanish club.
I'm not as big on Diaz as some are, I actually think the Villareal move is a good one for him, that league will suit him more than the Prem will. Anyhow, with Blackburn competing in the play-offs right now, I can't see them biting for such a small fee even if it was possible.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I posted in the summer , a potent striker has an effect on the whole team's morale . Not just the "goals for " column.
If a player does his best to defend and keep a clean sheet and the attackers run and provide but there is no body in the box doing the job of scoring your mind becomes negative if you keep losing or drawing. You let one goal in and think thats that we aint scoring two . That attitude leads to a loss of optimism ,confidence and relegation .

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never followed him if I’m honest just clicked on a link.

Tweeted The Athletic to let them know their reporter is blocking potential customers access to the product they are selling.

He’s a salesman on a mission to **** off his customer base as much as possible.
Come on, man!

I'm all for taking the **** as he is, admittedly, rubbish at being the Wolves correspondent and has silly timed holidays but he's a a bloke with a young family - in this current climate why would you want to tweet his employers knowing it could get him the chop at the end of the season? Seems way OTT.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I posted in the summer , a potent striker has an effect on the whole team's morale . Not just the "goals for " column.
If a player does his best to defend and keep a clean sheet and the attackers run and provide but there is no body in the box doing the job of scoring your mind becomes negative if you keep losing or drawing. You let one goal in and think thats that we aint scoring two .

Chances have to be created Costa was starting as he was in the right position you have even seen it with raul but we dont get them in the game.

We need to make chances, and thats what sarabia cunha podence are to do.

Cunha has showed he can as has podence

Back
Top Bottom