Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are new to the South American market. Give it a season or two and they will start ****ing other clubs around instead. We probably could do with wising up, greasing the right palms and making the right contacts. Might well have been what Hobbs was actually trying to do in the summer.
See my earlier comment about how Forest managed it.

Reactions: Ned

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the lad to be fair, with him following Wolves and his fellow countrymen it seemed like he was excited to come over. Now his club/ agent have stuck their oar in and he's not likely to have much of a say about where he ends up.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This just seems like Flamengo trying to get more money from us at the last minute. Im sure someone on here said they do it alot, dont really expect it from the richest Brazilian side though

T

TheConcourse

Not to mention he likely isn't starting for any spanish or italian side anyway
That’s the danger. He’ll get minutes for us.

If this comes down to the clause, which is totally plausible, then I’d love to know how much that is versus spending another £10/£15/£20m on a striker which is always a punt.

I would have thought it would make more sense to let JL have a look at him in the 2nd half of the season and arrange a good loan again next year if he doesn’t fancy him.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
who was the other club trying to gazzump the deal?
Not what I’m saying I’m just asking a question about how did they manage it when they surely don’t have imbedded contacts. I think the player they have brought was also sought after. It’s more about how did they build their relationships in South America so quickly.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble with giving into Flamengo's demands after the deal was agreed is that we'll build a reputation as being easy to shake more money out of. If there's been a gentleman's agreement and they've gone back on it because Lyon made a late bid, then we shouldn't up our offer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would they want to take him on loan then?
Depends on the club, I guess. If it’s a well placed club then they might take him to bolster their options but not to be a guaranteed starter.

Either way, it needs to be the right club playing in the right way. Look what happened to Cutrone.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton's proposal for João Gomes is 17 million euros, with the amount being paid in five installments. Lyon's is around 18 million euros. The player has already said that he wants to keep his word and close with Wolves. Rodolfo Landim, however, has not yet signed.

Christ

its a ****ing million

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolverhampton's proposal for João Gomes is 17 million euros, with the amount being paid in five installments. Lyon's is around 18 million euros. The player has already said that he wants to keep his word and close with Wolves. Rodolfo Landim, however, has not yet signed.

**** Flamengo haggling over a million.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not what I’m saying I’m just asking a question about how did they manage it when they surely don’t have imbedded contacts. I think the player they have brought was also sought after. It’s more about how did they build their relationships in South America so quickly.
Good point. They spent an extortionate amount everywhere else, I’d assume (allegedly) that the brown envelopes were a drop in the ocean.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are new to the South American market. Give it a season or two and they will start ****ing other clubs around instead. We probably could do with wising up, greasing the right palms and making the right contacts. Might well have been what Hobbs was actually trying to do in the summer.
I’m sorry this is completely unrelated to any of your posts but I keep chuckling to myself that your picture is of Steve Madeley.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe our target is better and has more other interest, maybe the selling clubs are different

Doesn’t always mean an issue

We sealed Cunha with lots of other Interested, Sarabia and Lemina. Stick with it
I’ve not said we won’t get him, although I am a pessimist! Others mentioned how hard the South American market was to get into and that links had to be made and it had taken Brighton a few seasons, so just don’t understand how Forrest managed to build these links so quickly.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Christ

its a ****ing million

a million .... Lyon aren't in for him are they, I mean they could atleast make it sound plausible

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolverhampton's proposal for João Gomes is 17 million euros, with the amount being paid in five installments. Lyon's is around 18 million euros. The player has already said that he wants to keep his word and close with Wolves. Rodolfo Landim, however, has not yet signed."

Taking the **** tbh

Just got to 20m euros over five installments, or put pressure on Gomes agent -

Reverse of what happened with the lad with arsenal

He wants to come to our team, due to the players we have, so put pressure back on the club. The agent and gomes can sort this tbh

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Wolverhampton's proposal for João Gomes is 17 million euros, with the amount being paid in five installments. Lyon's is around 18 million euros. The player has already said that he wants to keep his word and close with Wolves. Rodolfo Landim, however, has not yet signed."

Issue now could, repeat could, become a bidding war with more clubs chasing.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confident this will happen, the players wishes will force things in or favour. Suspect we’ll meet them in the middle with an additional €500k
Why should we pay more? It was clearly already agreed and they've gone back on their word.

I guarantee other clubs will do the same to us in the future if we up our bid now after it was agreed.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the most important part that's being glossed over is the "in five installments." I'd bet my house that Flamengo are trying to squeeze us over the payment structure more so than the million extra quid.
Wouldnt be surprised - they will want more upfront with less payments

Ceo of Shakthar has said the reason arsenal lost murdyk to chelsea was bonus and payment structure

Total value was the same just chelsea stumped it up in a better way than arsenal

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble with giving into Flamengo's demands after the deal was agreed is that we'll build a reputation as being easy to shake more money out of. If there's been a gentleman's agreement and they've gone back on it because Lyon made a late bid, then we shouldn't up our offer.
Then you're losing a player who you feel is really good over a small amount of money.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And in the future other clubs will have us over the barrel asking for more after it's already been agreed because of the precedent set by this.
So we should lose a great player over it?

The deal wasn't done in time. Another offer came in.

Add a sell on clause and be done with it.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we think this lad is going to be a star, then just pay the extra €1m. Yes, it's poor from Flamengo but to miss out on a player identified as a key young addition over €1m would be daft, imo.
What happens when we do and then it's Lyon have offered another million?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact Lyon want him and are prepared to pay a higher price should give us confidence that we are buying a good player at a reasonable price. I would be worried if no one else was interested in him .

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean if it helps their fans are laughing at their owner for being so petty, some believe they're making Flamengo look silly in the whole thing.

Others say he should be joining over Lyon all day because of the Premier League, some are saying the opposite.

The comments under the tweets are a pretty fun read

Back
Top Bottom