Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is tongue-in-cheek right?
It's been 5 minutes, it's the other side of the world, its probably that bain of the modern world...admin. Be here end of this week or beginning of next.
Looks like he could be right, though.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IMPORTANT: Flamengo has not yet signed the sale of João Gomes to Wolverhampton, from England, because an offer from Lyon for the midfielder has come up. French team proposed something “a little better” to Fla and delayed the process with the English team. Trend that solves today.
And so it begins…

Not long until Liverpool make an offer.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf there's nothing better than seeing Romano having his reputation taking a dent

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this does go tits up, I don’t think anybody here can genuinely hold the club responsible.

It will come to the point where the sporting director and medical team (do medical over there) will have to fly to Brazil in future to hurry this sort of transfer through.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trend that solves today. - Are the key words for me, so the hold up was lyon, but that should be resolved today

Is what i get at basically, wolves the english team have either put it to bed coughed up and agreed.

Or he is off to lyon

Reactions: Ned

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I knew it was in danger as soon as the ITK's on here started saying it was done :D
Not saying this won’t happen, but how is it Forrest managed to get their player over the line, yet have only been in the premier 5/6 months. As previously stipulated by mixers and evidenced by possible previous failings, ‘the South American market is notoriously difficult, and connections need to be worked on’ such as in Brighton’s examples.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this does go tits up, I don’t think anybody here can genuinely hold the club responsible.

It will come to the point where the sporting director and medical team (do medical over there) will have to fly to Brazil in future to hurry this sort of transfer through.
they will and crave being able to. i dont know how some people on here get through daily life honestly

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With the teasing the club has done, they wouldnt risk that if they knew of Lyon's interest surely? They must know he wants to come here ?

Although saying that, that ******** who went Arsenal from Sao Paulo did the same thing

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a case of agree what lyon have proposed or we back out, so im guessing thats what we will do

It will be £20m euros by the end of it or we lose out.

Im sure we dont want to **** it up

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see how much more Fabio is going to learn with 20 games in La Liga versus coming back to Julen and the team.

I’d bring him back.
Means we have to pay the compo, let someone else do it, if he goes and plays for a top 10 italian side, or a villarael/ betis and gets starting game time it will be really good for him and his confidence.

If he could get another 10 goals in a top league. One his stock will be getting much higher, two i think it gives him more experience and nouse to fight for us when he comes back

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Gomes deal reminds me of Talisca where we was baited until someone else came along with more money I hope it just work permit issues

Guess what Lyon have made a better offer….

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the teasing the club has done, they wouldnt risking that if they knew of Lyon's interest surely? Also they must know he wants to come here aswell.

Although saying that, that ******** who went Arsenal from Sao Paulo did the same thing
This is it, Fabrizio wouldn’t have tweeted that it was a done deal either. South American clubs are just dodgy as **** to deal with. I wouldn’t mind betting there’s another club waiting in the wings who they’re trying to smoke out to make a big offer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see how much more Fabio is going to learn with 20 games in La Liga versus coming back to Julen and the team.

I’d bring him back.
I’m leaning this way too now. Unless we’ve got a domino effect deal lined up where Raul and Costa leave as soon as a target comes in then we may as well recall Fabio.

The compensation will be less than signing a new player and I assume we are supplementing some of his wages as it stands anyway.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given romano will want to protect his reputation, i suspect a tweet from him in the next couple of hours explaining either what happeneded, how wolves have now fixed it, or how lyon have jumped in

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. Anderlecht are useless, needs to get out of there ASAP.
This makes sense. He’s had regular starts for half a season but they’re poor in a weak(ish) league. I don’t think he will learn anything more by staying there.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given romano will want to protect his reputation, i suspect a tweet from him in the next couple of hours explaining either what happeneded, how wolves have now fixed it, or how lyon have jumped in
Not much to explain from him.

He said it was a done deal, if it's not he looks stupid and should be embarrassed. Not a big enough deal for him to lose serious credit though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is it, Fabrizio wouldn’t have tweeted that it was a done deal either. South American clubs are just dodgy as **** to deal with. I wouldn’t mind betting there’s another club waiting in the wings who they’re trying to smoke out to make a big offer.

Sau Paulo ****ed us over in the summer for Marquinhos, now Flamengo doing the same over Gomes! :mad:

T

TheConcourse

Means we have to pay the compo, let someone else do it, if he goes and plays for a top 10 italian side, or a villarael/ betis and gets starting game time it will be really good for him and his confidence.

If he could get another 10 goals in a top league. One his stock will be getting much higher, two i think it gives him more experience and nouse to fight for us when he comes back
Gotcha. Fair point.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will stop dealing with these kind of clubs soon
We are new to the South American market. Give it a season or two and they will start ****ing other clubs around instead. We probably could do with wising up, greasing the right palms and making the right contacts. Might well have been what Hobbs was actually trying to do in the summer.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"João Gomes' situation, at the moment, is: the midfielder wants to keep his word and transfer to Wolverhampton. But Flamengo, understanding that Lyon's proposal is better, wants to negotiate with the French team. The player will leave Fla, but now Lyon is in the fight."

Like I said the club know he wants to come here.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"João Gomes' situation, at the moment, is: the midfielder wants to keep his word and transfer to Wolverhampton. But Flamengo, understanding that Lyon's proposal is better, wants to negotiate with the French team. The player will leave Fla, but now Lyon is in the fight."

Like I said the club know he wants to come here.
Hes been liking posts spoke to cunha.

We basically need to just drop another 5m and get on with it now

Back
Top Bottom