Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm concerned as well now....it's not like you to be pessimistic.....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romano wouldn’t have said here we go and we wouldn’t have put it in the Lemina video if it wasn’t a done deal. I thing to worry about.
I'm telling myself this too but I'm a little concerned that the Brazilian market isn't quite as stand up as the European one. I cant remember his name but that Brazilian lad who had agreed to join us but ****ed off to Arsenal is an example of how easy it is to hijack South American deals.

A lot of noise of him leaving came from Flamengo themselves, I wonder whether they've woken up a few bigger clubs regarding this deal and have heard rumblings of some incoming bids.

Wolves probably think it's a done deal and have had assurances which would be cast iron from anywhere else in the world. I'll celebrate this particular signing when watching his announcement video on the website.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well yeah, didn't know he had a release clause?
I’m not saying he has, I don’t know. There’s a chance because he (supposedly) had bigger clubs than us come in for him in the summer. This might have been the way to get it over the line similar to Ait-Nouri where we had to put in a pretty big sell on clause to make it happen.

I think what I was trying to say has been lost in translation (I’m tired, flu ridden so a bit foggy). My point really was underlying all the potential for fees, I don’t see a Liverpool move on the horizon unless he shows more and with more consistency. He’s showing glimpses currently (whilst undoubtedly improving) but even at £50 million there are better options out there

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm telling myself this too but I'm a little concerned that the Brazilian market isn't quite as stand up as the European one. I cant remember his name but that Brazilian lad who had agreed to join us but ****ed off to Arsenal is an example of how easy it is to hijack South American deals.

A lot of noise of him leaving came from Flamengo themselves, I wonder whether they've woken up a few bigger clubs regarding this deal and have heard rumblings of some incoming bids.

Wolves probably think it's a done deal and have had assurances which would be cast iron from anywhere else in the world. I'll celebrate this particular signing when watching his announcement video on the website.
Yeah that’s my concern, the South American market isn’t known for being the most moral. They won’t think twice of flipping us until there is ink on a contract

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah that’s my concern, the South American market isn’t known for being the most moral. They won’t think twice of flipping us until there is ink on a contract
I think the longer this drags on (it's not exactly dragging but you know what I mean) then the more chance we have of being gazumped. The South American teams are in a position of power since Brexit, they all need the money and, as you say, won't think twice about flipping us and won't care how it makes them look.

Romano tweeting about it shouldn't be used as an assurance either, he's been told it's a done deal, it is a done deal to everybody - but it can be undone at any moment.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like his agent was peddling for suitors

Southampton closing on Villarreal's Jackson​

Southampton are working towards a permanent deal for Villarreal forward Nicolas Jackson, according to The Athletic.
Villarreal are holding firm in their €20m (£17.7m) valuation of the 21-year-old, but Southampton are now getting closer to an agreement with the LaLiga club, having previously been in talks over a six-month loan deal with an option to buy.
Southampton are also making progress towards agreeing personal terms with Jackson.
Jackson is keen on a move to the Premier League side, with his representatives exploring options for Southampton to reach Villarreal’s asking price.

Reaction score
Anyone here know what the story is with Bonatini .

I know that his contract is not up yet , so if he wishes he can stay until then and we'll then release him .

But - who does he train with . He never plays as an over age player with the U 21 s from what I have seen .

Surely in order to pick up his salary he has to train and be part of a squad ?

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know that his contract is not up yet , so if he wishes he can stay until then and we'll then release him .

But - who does he train with . He never plays as an over age player with the U 21 s from what I have seen .

Thought we sold him (finally)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He left already

Left in December to Mexico.

Played twice scored 1 goal

Brazilian striker Leo Bonatini has left Wolves on a permanent basis by mutual consent.​

Back in 2017/18, the striker played a starring role in the club’s promotion to the Premier League, scoring 12 goals in 47 appearances under Nuno Espirito Santo.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Haven’t we released him by mutual consent?

Reaction score
Thanks folks for the reply .

Completely missed that at the time . Too much World Cup !!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends if anything concrete was agreed with the player and his agent when he agreed to come to us. There could be a relatively low buyout clause in his contract, which sweetened him on dropping from a Champions League club to join us.

I'd also argue that we've not got that much form of managing to sell players for "top buck". Jota went for par at best (and in a deal structured entirely to the benefit of the buyer), and we've not managed to sell Traore or Neves, despite seemingly being open to doing so, for decent money. We've even let our club captain go on loan with an option to buy for 4.5 million, which is utter peanuts for an England player.

Maybe we've been better than others at keeping hold of those we really wanted to? Even Jota seemed to be accepted due to Neto's progression rather than Liverpool forcing our hand.

Raul was one of the best no.9s in Europe for two seasons and signed a new four year deal, Neves has been labelled a "big" clubs top priority every window pretty much and even Neto and RAN have been linked with big money moves away since they broke into the team.

Just had a look on transfermarkt and according to there since we've been promoted only Chelsea, Man City, Leicester, Everton and Brighton (largely thanks to this season which accounted for half) have a higher income from sales. Leicester are the real exception though but then they've benefitted from having their players involved in European football more than the rest of the sky 6.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes really went all out when he came on v Liverpool. Maybe harsh, but i'm definitely suspicious about his application towards us, such a talented player.
Both Nunes and Guedes were 'shock' additions with Bruno in charge. Guedes has never looked comfortable or interested and, if we're honest, most of us wondered have wondered the same about Nunes. In Nunes cases, swapping Sporting for a struggling, poorly performing relegation threatened PL team that couldn't score goals seemed a bit strange.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Nunes and Guedes were 'shock' additions with Bruno in charge. Guedes has never looked comfortable or interested and, if we're honest, most of us wondered have wondered the same about Nunes. In Nunes cases, swapping Sporting for a struggling, poorly performing relegation threatened PL team that couldn't score goals seemed a bit strange.
Also there was the alleged agreement that there was a deadline and had until then to find a better club to move to who would pay the same money.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sevilla are recalling Ocampos it must be to play him. He can't play for anyone else.

I wonder if Sevilla are selling someone?

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
So much conjecture and guesswork. Agents are flooding journey with stories to get interest in their players for moves (and a cut of proceeds). I suppose it is what antisocial met is all about: rumour, innuendo and downright lies. I suppose it passes for 'entertainment' fir those iff us with little better to do with our time, but I think I will just wait till the window has closed and comment at that stage on our business, our signings, our departures and your 'just-misses'....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sevilla are recalling Ocampos it must be to play him. He can't play for anyone else.

I wonder if Sevilla are selling someone?
They probably need all hands to the pump in their relegation fight. I don’t think he was playing regularly at Ajax anyway.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like Gomes isn’t coming. Dragging on too long and other clubs are now alerted.
My main worry is where’s the ****ing striker ?? Christ. Just get on with it
This is tongue-in-cheek right?
It's been 5 minutes, it's the other side of the world, its probably that bain of the modern world...admin. Be here end of this week or beginning of next.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but don't sell him then.

If he leaves for anything under £50m then it's clear to me it's all pre-agreed.

He has shown glimpses to suggest he could go on to be a £70m+ player, so given his contract situation, we should be keeping him until he reaches that level, which may just be another year.

Selling him for a small profit in the summer would be pointless.
I mean, possibly. But maybe Julen is okay with moving on from him (with Lemina and Gomes) and having that money to spend elsewhere.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats the worry of course. If Liverpool come in next summer with a massive bid, way over what we paid for him, then I think most of us could understand and accept it. However if he's sold for roughly the same amount, then it really is stupid management by Shi..
Like I said above, what if we only make 5 million but Julen is okay with using the money to buy someone else? Maybe they use some of that money to make Neves rich and keep him around lol.

Lots of options especially with the board backing Julen so much.

We always knew this would happen with Nunes. He literally waited until the last minute incase he got an offer from a bigger squad.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He left already

Left in December to Mexico.

Played twice scored 1 goal

Brazilian striker Leo Bonatini has left Wolves on a permanent basis by mutual consent.​

Back in 2017/18, the striker played a starring role in the club’s promotion to the Premier League, scoring 12 goals in 47 appearances under Nuno Espirito Santo.

Good finish

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be small details in the transfer then WP
They want more dosh. If they dont push us harder then they might get a negative thumping from The Sir Lord of the Sugar seconded and thirded by Lady Dildo.
Not that I am in the know but I just feel the vibrations. o_O

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had more goals and assists then costa in prem league so far.

Bonatini -

View attachment 32549

Costa

View attachment 32550
I'll never understand why we didn't give him a chance. I know it was a panic signing, but I thought he looked pretty solid in most of his short appearances.

If this was the NHL, he'd have had 1 or 2 more "second assists," as well.

I seem to recall him and Adama linking up well together.

Just strange to waste so much money if you never once planned to give him an actual chance.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IMPORTANT: Flamengo has not yet signed the sale of João Gomes to Wolverhampton, from England, because an offer from Lyon for the midfielder has come up. French team proposed something “a little better” to Fla and delayed the process with the English team. Trend that solves today.

Back
Top Bottom