Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm quite sure it means it's pretty much done. He didn't come out and speak about it until the media had told us it was basically done.
I took as they literally in the shop window with ‘for sale’ tags on. I didn’t get the impression he was tapping them up, just we know they are an option.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of the lads who started today start in January once Julen gets his signings in, assuming we stick with the 4-3-3?

Cunha would start immediately up top I'd imagine in a fluid front three. Felipe probably displaces Collins for the added experience if he comes in. If we're playing with a midfield three I could see us adding another to potentially start with Neves and Nunes, as you'd want at least five options there, and I don't really consider Ronan as good enough and Hodge is just about decent enough to fill out as depth.

Bounou links seem a bit strange to me as I didn't think Sa was a major problem but again if you can upgrade for a reasonable price you do it as he's world class, but I feel like his WC heroics have probably doubled his value now. Same with Acuna. Both would upgrade us, but I think they're a tad unrealistic.

Bounou
Semedo Felipe Kilman Bueno
New CM Neves Nunes
Neto Cunha Guedes​

Bench: Sa, Collins, RAN, Moutinho, Bouba, Podence, Hwang, Adama, Costa

Upgrade the entire spine of the team. Not asking for too much am I? ;)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of the lads who started today start in January once Julen gets his signings in, assuming we stick with the 4-3-3?

Cunha would start immediately up top I'd imagine in a fluid front three. Felipe probably displaces Collins for the added experience if he comes in. If we're playing with a midfield three I could see us adding another to potentially start with Neves and Nunes, as you'd want at least five options there, and I don't really consider Ronan as good enough and Hodge is just about decent enough to fill out as depth.

Bounou links seem a bit strange to me as I didn't think Sa was a major problem but again if you can upgrade for a reasonable price you do it as he's world class, but I feel like his WC heroics have probably doubled his value now. Same with Acuna. Both would upgrade us, but I think they're a tad unrealistic.

Bounou
Semedo Felipe Kilman Bueno
New CM Neves Nunes
Neto Cunha Guedes​

Bench: Sa, Collins, RAN, Moutinho, Bouba, Podence, Hwang, Adama, Costa

Upgrade the entire spine of the team. Not asking for too much am I? ;)

Move Cunha outwide and get another striker in

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bounou links seem a bit strange to me as I didn't think Sa was a major problem but again if you can upgrade for a reasonable price you do it as he's world class, but I feel like his WC heroics have probably doubled his value now.

I still think that the GK links are because of Sa’s wrist injury. Maybe he needs an op or a fair time to rest his wrist?

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
If we signed all the players linked we could be looking a this, that looks a European Cup side to me:

————Bounou———
Semedo Felipe Garcia Acuna
-—Varga Neves Nunes——
————Guedes————-
———Cunha Diaz———-

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think that the GK links are because of Sa’s wrist injury. Maybe he needs an op or a fair time to rest his wrist?
You never know, but if that was the case why on earth was he with the Portugal squad? Wouldn't make a lot of sense, but saying that Raul going with Mexico didn't make a lot either.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
What date does the window open?

Could we have new starters for villa
Yes, literally January (minus the last hour) I think. Lopetegui's got his work cut out. I'm always more about getting the right player than getting a player quickly, but I'm making an exception for this window. Villa away isn't a must win of course, but it's the sort of game we need to be picking something up from. Probably shouldn't judge, but nothing I saw yesterday convinced me we have enough as it stands.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
All gone very quiet since Lopetegui admitted our interest in the Atleti Two….hope that’s a good thing!…

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting witness saying neves will leave for another premier league team if barcelona don't sign him.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sporting witness saying neves will leave for another premier league team if barcelona don't sign him.
I would be very unimpressed if we sold to another PL club. Surely we wouldn't do that? Are Sporting witness kind of the same as Jehovah's witnesses, where you just have to be kind and polite to them but ignore everything they say?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be very unimpressed if we sold to another PL club. Surely we wouldn't do that? Are Sporting witness kind of the same as Jehovah's witnesses, where you just have to be kind and polite to them but ignore everything they say?
Hopefully they don’t convert another one of our generational talents.. I could never close the door on Rubén’s face.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They translate articles from local newspapers around the world where there are links with wolves.
Whenever you see talking wolves post something it is likely to have been taken from sporting witness.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
They translate articles from local newspapers around the world where there are links with wolves.
Whenever you see talking wolves post something it is likely to have been taken from sporting witness.
Going back over old ground I know, but this is where you have to be so careful these days. Someone makes up a story with very little evidence, then five other sites who don't know anything regurgitate the rumour and it must be true because it's 'widely reported'. I desperately hope that Lopetegui is telling Neves that he really needs him for 6 months, then he can go to Barca (with a fat up front fee!) with our blessing.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Indeed….it’s only money but that’s the reason why the big clubs dominate and the others scramble for sustainability….when your revenue is less than half that of the smallest of the big six there is no easy or foolproof way to compete.. if Fosun are unwilling to open the cheque book again….then Wolves will probably be relegated. Hopefully with JL and new investment Wolves have a chance to survive but there is little margin for error.

It will always be difficult to hold on to quality players or acquire top talent if you are outside the big six or the European equivalent.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm presuming Neves will stay till the summer considering our current predicament. Then sadly goodbye for a reduced fee- I'm guessing £25m to £30m. Then its all about who we bring in to replace him - that South American connection keeps coming up but nothing happens.

Traore we assume will go although Loptegui's presence may make him think twice and would hope he stays till the summer.

The additions from Atletico - if they happen- should strengthen our options but the fact Cunha has no goals to his name this season is a bit concerning, albeit he has made few starts as I understand it. That goalscoring dilemma remains the Achilles heel and could lead to relegation if it is not sorted within the next four or five games. Another attacker needed especially as it looks like Neto's injury absence may persist well into late January and even February. If Raul stays we can but hope he finds a bit of form again but its a big question mark for now. I would like to see him and Cunha dovetailing up front with Costa there to make trouble in the final 20 minutes of games. Guedes in there in a No.10 role.

On paper, with everyone present (including Neto) we have a very good squad once those Atletico additions are made. It is a squad that should ease away from the bottom three. But Loptegui will need time to work some magic and once we are well into January the clock starts clicking violently in a tough fixture programme.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And anyone prepared to pay that must have more money than sense. Really don't see what the fuss is all about myself.
I don’t understand the fuss in Joao Felix either.

He doesn’t look anything like a £100+million player at all.

I’ve watched him enough times now and he doesn’t have a wow factor at all.

Back
Top Bottom