Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't pay for the Telegraph, did anyone read the full article from Percy about the Spurs bid?

Sometimes they put a few lines at the bottom about potential signings or updates.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers Jade. Saw Leo’s instagram post and nout was up at the time!

Edit: for those that haven’t seen it’s pretty over the top for a player of his quality!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CY9g0Xgh2Ve/?utm_medium=copy_link
A player of his quality? He's 21 and scored a few goals in limited minutes in the Swiss League. Not sure we're really at a point where he's easy to judge in quality.

Inter also has some money issues due to being fined in like their second year, so they probably have to go a bit cheaper. They're a bottom half team as well.

They're owned by David Beckham and coached by Phil Neville.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Conte wants to turn Adama into a wingback?
I seem to recall Nuno thinking along those lines for a while but nothing of note materialised. Whatever, he threatens much and oppositions have to guard against him and his sheer pace - £15m, even in today's market is a joke. Mind you I thought Jota was given away ......

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any actual transfer rumours anywhere? Anyone? Or do we all think the fax machine is switched off and the cheque book is closed
Nothing. I think that the only incomings will now be deals on those that are already at the club.

Joop

Groupie
Reaction score
Don't pay for the Telegraph, did anyone read the full article from Percy about the Spurs bid?

Sometimes they put a few lines at the bottom about potential signings or updates.
If you click on the article then quickly turn on airplane mode, the article will open without the paywall. (Might take a few try’s to get the timing right, ie the gap between the article opening and the paywall appearing)

Wolvezone

Reaction score
Is it true that Jeff offered Spurs £10m for Son. Best thing he did in a while if so

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it true that Jeff offered Spurs £10m for Son. Best thing he did in a while if so
I very much doubt it. This isn't Playschool, and Shi has better, more productive things to do with his time than making ridiculous bids for players we harbour no genuine interest in actually signing just to make a point.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff is probably tekin the **** with Levy,over his misery offer of 15million for Adama.Anyone can play that game Levy.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hoever will be an excellent CB once he fully physically develops. Would be keen to send him out on loan next season to the championship to get him some minutes and bring back Bolla to cover RB/RWB.
Exactly this. It would be silly to write off Hoever as he’s only 20, how many 20 year old cb’s are there in the premier league, perhaps a handful. It might take him another year or two to develop but we need patience (which if this forum is a benchmark for wolves fans, we don’t have a lot of)

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of VdB. When Utd played here and put out their reserve team they thrashed us when semi-lockdown was on and VdB pretty much ran the whole show. Our prized midfield could not cope with him. But not kicked on at all. Would like to see him AS WELL as Neves, not instead of!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. It would be silly to write off Hoever as he’s only 20, how many 20 year old cb’s are there in the premier league, perhaps a handful. It might take him another year or two to develop but we need patience (which if this forum is a benchmark for wolves fans, we don’t have a lot of)
Exactly. Two seasons ago Ben White was on loan at Leeds in the Championship. He was highly rated and showed that the high expectations were justified when after a season in the PL with Brighton he moved for £50m. It also shows how valuable a good young English CH is. We’ve already got one - who was also well beyond 20 before showing his true potential- but having another would be fantastic. Patience is essential.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Exactly. Two seasons ago Ben White was on loan at Leeds in the Championship. He was highly rated and showed that the high expectations were justified when after a season in the PL with Brighton he moved for £50m. It also shows how valuable a good young English CH is. We’ve already got one - who was also well beyond 20 before showing his true potential- but having another would be fantastic. Patience is essential.
You do know he's Dutch, don't you?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I would like Sanches. Does he offer any better than what we have?? Moutinho replacement seems obvious
I said it last summer from a football point of view for Renato at best wolves was a sideways step......fully fit he should be playing champions league football.........we didn't miss the boat as such with Renato last summer....we missed it 3 years ago when he went to Lille.......surely Nuno was offered him , just probably didn't fancy him...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I would like Sanches. Does he offer any better than what we have?? Moutinho replacement seems obvious

We've 3 midfielders, where one is really a converted defender that doesn't fit Lages style well. He'd also give us something different with his ability to drive the ball forward.

Having said that I don't think we'll buy him.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this season goes tits up, as I suspect it might, this will be a firing of Jeff Shi.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this season goes tits up, as I suspect it might, this will be a firing of Jeff Shi.
Why should it go tits up because we sell a player who’s not consistently starting for us?

I love Traore, he’s brilliant to watch but his sale shouldn’t define our season.

How we use the money we get from it may well do though.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this deal will trigger something exciting for us with the £20M or so and we can invest that money quickly and wisely into a CB and CM that we need

Looking forward to some swift rumours and deals off the back of this. Feels like a hold onto your hats moment

If its sell to buy, then lets now buy please

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the perfect world we sell him for £25m & directly reinvest that into getting Renato

But it just won't happen will it...

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should it go tits up because we sell a player who’s not consistently starting for us?

I love Traore, he’s brilliant to watch but his sale shouldn’t define our season.

How we use the money we get from it may well do though.
Too narrow thinking. Losing a popular player to a rival in the run-in to a big season is a terrible piece of motivational work.

Suggesting counting 000's in the accounts more important that going for glory when the chance is there.

Players are people of course. They have friendships and bonds with each other. Adama is part of that. Can only see
an undermining of team spirit for the shortest of short term reasons.

Very disappointed if this goes ahead. If it unravels for the rest of the season, then I would expect action against Shi.

Back
Top Bottom