Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Why should it go tits up because we sell a player who’s not consistently starting for us?

I love Traore, he’s brilliant to watch but his sale shouldn’t define our season.

How we use the money we get from it may well do though.
It will more than likely be used to make loans permanent, so no actual new faces IMO.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too narrow thinking. Losing a popular player to a rival in the run-in to a big season is a terrible piece of motivational work.

Suggesting counting 000's in the accounts more important that going for glory when the chance is there.

Players are people of course. They have friendships and bonds with each other. Adama is part of that. Can only see
an undermining of team spirit for the shortest of short term reasons.

Very disappointed if this goes ahead. If it unravels for the rest of the season, then I would expect action against Shi.
Agree to a point
The problem is he doesnt want to be here otherwise he would have agreed a contract
Hes a bit part player, as exciting as he is he detracts as much from the team as he contributes most games

I really dont see Spurs as a direct rival this season, they will finish above us no matter what i believe
He may light up the league there,he may be a disaster,its a toss of a coin with him imo

I wouldnt argue against keeping him as he can be a game changer on a few occasions,but overall if we can get a decent deal and invest in a class midfielder it would benefit the club long term

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this season goes tits up, as I suspect it might, this will be a firing of Jeff Shi.
What? Top 4 form over last 17 games, 6 goals in last 2. Johnny Neto, Mosquera on way back and you expect it to go tits up? Are you trolling or just the most pessimistic person I have never met?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too narrow thinking. Losing a popular player to a rival in the run-in to a big season is a terrible piece of motivational work.

Suggesting counting 000's in the accounts more important that going for glory when the chance is there.

Players are people of course. They have friendships and bonds with each other. Adama is part of that. Can only see

Very disappointed if this goes ahead. If it unravels for the rest of the season, then I would expect action against Shi.
But if there’s no chance of him signing a new contract and he wants to go to Spurs, keeping hold of him does nothing for team spirit either.

That’s not to say he’d kick up a fuss, I’m sure he wouldn’t, but you want employees who want to be there.

A mate of mine is leaving where I work, if he wants the new challenge I’m pleased for him, I don’t sulk because he’s not around or question my employer because he wanted to go.

It’s not like we’re forcing him out, if he doesn’t want to leave he can turn down Spurs advances.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will more than likely be used to make loans permanent, so no actual new faces IMO.
We’ll see won’t we.

That’s what I mean when I say it’s how we use the money that defines things, even if that’s hold the money until summer and invest it then. Whatever happens it will be about how it’s spent rather than what we get.

Sign the next Neves with it and it’s happy days, the next flop and it won’t go down well.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
We've 3 midfielders, where one is really a converted defender that doesn't fit Lages style well. He'd also give us something different with his ability to drive the ball forward.

Having said that I don't think we'll buy him.
Who is the converted defender?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You do realise players move on all the time don't you? Every single one of our players will know more about his contract situation than anyone on here. So will not be in the slightly bit surprised when Traore leaves, as we rightly won't make him one of our top earners. It's not going to suddenly throw the group dynamic in to disarray.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise players move on all the time don't you? Every single one of our players will know more about his contract situation than anyone on here. So will not be in the slightly bit surprised when Traore leaves, as we rightly won't make him one of our top earners. It's not going to suddenly throw the group dynamic in to disarray.
You don't know that.

But there is good reason why these kind of moves almost never happen in the January window.

You can be sure Levy know s Wolves are a rival, and getting Traoré will damage us.

Incredibly naive of Shi.

D

Deleted member (smith)

What’s our option on Trincao? Would a straight swap be better for us than a sale to Spurs for 25 million?

seems we are resigned to him going?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather he not go Spurs, but if he does, hope he flops. Nowt against him. Just dislike Spurs & wouldn't want him to succeed at another PL club.

Looks like maybe Chiquinho is his replacement, so good forward planning there.

Would rather the money go towards a CM who gives us a different look than our current 3. Someone like a Sanches, not necessarily him.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would rather he not go Spurs, but if he does, hope he flops. Nowt against him. Just dislike Spurs & wouldn't want him to succeed at another PL club.

Looks like maybe Chiquinho is his replacement, so good forward planning there.

Would rather the money go towards a CM who gives us a different look than our current 3. Someone like a Sanches, not necessarily him.
I actually have a different sentiment with Traore. I hoped Jota would struggle (bitter) but Traore is a fun player to watch. I hope he has another season of excitement at some point. Its not his fault we keep hold of him for too long

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually have a different sentiment with Traore. I hoped Jota would struggle (bitter) but Traore is a fun player to watch. I hope he has another season of excitement at some point. Its not his fault we keep hold of him for too long

If he went to Barca or a side abroad, all for him to be successful.

Same way I felt about Nuno, Doc & Jota.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
If this season goes tits up, as I suspect it might, this will be a firing of Jeff Shi.
for selling a player that is on the bench most games?!

i imagine jeff's bosses are pretty pleased with him. he's grown their asset hugely, is making progress without needing a lot of financial support, having gone through changing his whole top team....

he's about as far from getting fired as jurgen klopp.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't know that.

But there is good reason why these kind of moves almost never happen in the January window.

You can be sure Levy know s Wolves are a rival, and getting Traoré will damage us.

Incredibly naive of Shi.
Don't know what?

As has been said by many others, you're massively over reacting. We've got to our current position by having one of the meanest defences in the Prem. Traore leaving will not make us suddenly start leaking goals, and we're almost bottom of the scoring charts so it can't make us much worse there. We've also got Neto back in training who offers a far greater goal threat.

Maybe Levy does think this is going to hinder us, but if they play Traore where they say I suspect he'll have even less impact than Doc!

I'm pretty certain Shi won't lose his job over this.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
What’s our option on Trincao? Would a straight swap be better for us than a sale to Spurs for 25 million?

seems we are resigned to him going?
Personally think so.

He Hasn’t done enough to justify being bought out at the end of the season. But if it means we get him for nothing and then he gets signed up for 3 or 4 years We should do it. He’ll develop into a top player I think. Has the attributes. 1st year always seems tough for young foreign players in Premier league.

We can then invest the funds that have been presumably set a side for him in the summer elsewhere.... And we have a player who has now been in the league for a season and knows our system. So would only need a squad replacement for Traore Instead of finding 2 new untested players to replace them both to begin next season.

And also Traore isn’t sold to a competitor.

Think that represents far better value to us then 20-25mil cash for the Traore sale.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Sad to hear this - as frustrating as Adama is at times, he's such a unique talent. I think he will thrive playing for a team such as Spurs who in most games will play on the front foot and if he plays in a deeper position (more akin to a RM than a wide forward).

He'll be a success at Spurs and like Jota, the fee will come to look as a bargain - but I can understand why the club are doing it given the contract situation.

Hopefully the money is invested wisely.

Back
Top Bottom