Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That was the release clause though, I’m pretty certain after the season they had last year and the part Grealish played in it, City will be happy with the buy.

City’s net spend the summer they bought Grealish (2 and half years ago) was about 41 mil which is **** all really.

Compared to several players recently signed by Chelsea, Man U etc, whove achieved nothing, the fee doesn’t look that bad to me to be honest.

It is **** all when you aren't even remotely concerned about FFP or the agreed rules

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry but his numbers this season are far superior to Sakas and in a mid table team
nothing to apologise for and you may be right, but he’s their golden boy and there’s no way he gets in ahead of Saka for me.
whether of not he should is a different question, Saka for me isn’t top class, controversial i know!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the last 9 months Grealish has started in, and won, a champions league final, an FA Cup final, a European super cup final and a world club championship final as well as playing nearly 30 Premier league games last season and winning that as well.

Hardly a ridiculous purchase.
But how many of those trophies was he instrumental in winning? I don’t remember seeing many games where he’s been the driving force behind Man City winning. The diving force maybe.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But how many of those trophies was he instrumental in winning? I don’t remember seeing many games where he’s been the driving force behind Man City winning. The diving force maybe.
All of them. As I said above he was selected for all the big games in a season City had the joint best season of any English club in history.

To suggest he wasn’t instrumental is a bit daft.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange bloke. Prime Messi wouldn't have scored today.

Honestly, some wolves fans, take the loss and suck it up ffs.

Just so boring.

I don't follow.

Firstly, prime Messi would score against that Brentford side. Secondly, I have taken the loss. I've taken it a lot better than many I would imagine. I have no problem with Brentford's tactics, the referee etc. The better team won without doubt. They did a job on us. Is that sucking it up well enough?

What's boring? My point being right. Yes, it is to be fair. I wish it wasn't.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't follow.

Firstly, prime Messi would score against that Brentford side. Secondly, I have taken the loss. I've taken it a lot better than many I would imagine. I have no problem with Brentford's tactics, the referee etc. The better team won without doubt. They did a job on us. Is that sucking it up well enough?

What's boring? My point being right. Yes, it is to be fair. I wish it wasn't.
You've gone out your way to bump an old thread several hours after the game has ended, nah mate, you're absolutely fine and taking the loss on the chin. Never in doubt.

It's boring because you could have called this opportunity to say 'I Told You So!!!' An absolute mile off, ignore the 7 goals in 2 games previously, no, this no show for all the team and the fans is the perfect time to get your little Internet win.

Its strange, because it was literally 'one of those games', nothing more. Move on. It happens to a mid table team.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've gone out your way to bump an old thread several hours after the game has ended, nah mate, you're absolutely fine and taking the loss on the chin. Never in doubt.

It's boring because you could have called this opportunity to say 'I Told You So!!!' An absolute mile off, ignore the 7 goals in 2 games previously, no, this no show for all the team and the fans is the perfect time to get your little Internet win.

Its strange, because it was literally 'one of those games', nothing more. Move on. It happens to a mid table team.
You're missing the whole point.

The 7 goals is irrelevant. Losing to Brentford is kind of irrelevant, which is why I don't get your point. It all centres on losing Cunha to injury for 2-3 months. That was the main thing to come out of today, and is why the outlook is so bleak.

I didn't even mention the result with original post on this thread, so for you to claim I'm doing it because we lost is funny. It's just deflecting.

But, yes, I should say 'I told you so', because I did, and others tbf. We didn't have a squad to compete because injuries happen. Today, the injury we all should have feared, happened.

We didn't lose because it's 'one of those days', we lost because Cunha wasn't there and he was replaced by terrible replacements, in comparison.

To add to that final point. We last lost to a team below us in the table in November. In that period, we have played Brentford three times with Cunha and we avoided defeat three times, including an emphatic 4-1 win and drawing despite playing 80 minutes with ten men. Matheus Cunha played all those games. So, it was most certainly not 'one of those games' at all.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's fascinating though how those with certain views seem to have carte blanche among some posters to cite every bit of evidence to support them but those with other views should "suck it up" and not do so when they have evidence.... Strangely enough it tends to be those who don't think everything at the club is wonderful who get shut down. Strange that.....

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The 7 goals is irrelevant. Losing to Brentford is irrelevant, which is why I don't get your point. It all centres on losing Cunha to injury for 2-3 months. That was the main thing to come out of today, and is why.

I didn't even mention the result with original post on this thread, so for you to claim I'm doing it because we lost is funny. It's just deflecting.

But, yes, I should say 'I told you so', because I did, and others tbf. We didn't have a squad to compete because injuries happen. Today, the injury we all should have feared, happened.

We didn't lose because it's 'one of those days', we lost because Cunha wasn't there and he was replaced by terrible replacements, in comparison.
Right, yet, this all falls apart when the rug was pulled regarding Yuri and no others were able to fit the financial position Wolves needs to make.

To add to your point, what happens if the backup gets injured? We need another backup for the backup? And then tbf, what if the other backup gets injured, we need backups for the backup.

We are a mid table club, hamstrung by overspending in the past, toeing the line and massively overachieving. So yeah, it is one of those days, chin up, man up, move on.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The 7 goals is irrelevant. Losing to Brentford is kind of irrelevant, which is why I don't get your point. It all centres on losing Cunha to injury for 2-3 months. That was the main thing to come out of today, and is why the outlook is so bleak.

Wait, is he out for 2-3months?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To add to that final point. We last lost to a team below us in the table in November. In that period, we have played Brentford three times with Cunha and we avoided defeat three times, including an emphatic 4-1 win and drawing despite playing 80 minutes with ten men. Matheus Cunha played all those games. So, it was most certainly not 'one of those games' at all.

2-3 months ?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, yet, this all falls apart when the rug was pulled regarding Yuri and no others were able to fit the financial position Wolves needs to make.

To add to your point, what happens if the backup gets injured? We need another backup for the backup? And then tbf, what if the other backup gets injured, we need backups for the backup.

We are a mid table club, hamstrung by overspending in the past, toeing the line and massively overachieving. So yeah, it is one of those days, chin up, man up, move on.

We last lost a game to a side below us in November. We've played Brentford three times in that period with Cunha, and not lost. It's not one of those days.

The squad isn't good enough and there is no suitable cover to Cunha. It's really that simple. You know it. I know it.

We all hoped injuries wouldn't hit. They did and at the first attempt it's cost us.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We last lost a game to a side below us in November. We've played Brentford three times in that period with Cunha, and not lost. It's not one of those days.

The squad isn't good enough and there is no suitable cover to Cunha. It's really that simple. You know it. I know it.

We all hoped injuries wouldn't hit. They did and at the first attempt it's cost us.
You did watch up until Cunha went off, yeah? We could have (and should) of been 3 or more down, extremely lucky.

Of course, it's overachieving, it's a relegation fodder team come good. We can be inconsistent.

What is it costing us again? The goal is staying up, is that it? Announce relegation?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Shhhh…… your not allowed to say anyone at wolves did a bad job….. you know that!

Even saying Jeff who ****ed the squad and finances so badly he needed a knee jerk and rapid fire sale in the summer, but couldn’t even generated the freedom to take a MUCH needed striker in Jan despite sending two strikers out on loan and leaving us threadbare…. Who saw that coming with next to no options…. Hmmmmmmnnn

Great Jeff fixed the issue of his own creation with the finances…. But i said if we lost hwang or cunha we were ****ed, told it would happen…. Less than ten days after the Window BANG…..

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

This is seemingly Jeff’s mantra when it comes to the playing squad the last few years

Didn’t even sort a striker to cover for Jimenez when he had a serious hip issue….. sent Fabio out and then left us without a striker till he spunked £18 million on a career sick note in a panic purchase…. Sasa is a nice lad, has talent but he is made of fine bone china!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha missing for 12 weeks is less than ideal, but we'll cope. We are very comfortably mid table and will likely have stayed there even with him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah mate, relegation for sure. Get the bet on.

Not relegation, but the football is going to be bloody ugly and Will won’t score as many…..

This was easily seen and predicted by so many…..

Jeff can write in the next open letter how hard it is to build a squad….. ****ing clown!!!!!

He causes so many of the issues by not seeing the bloody easy ones to plan and fix!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not relegation, but the football is going to be bloody ugly and Will won’t score as many…..

Jeff can write in the next open letter how hard it is to build a squad….. ****ing clown!!!!!

He causes so many of the issues by not seeing the bloody easy ones to plan and fix!
Will never scored many anyways.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score

Didn’t you say the same when Neto was out? Also exactly who were we supposed to sign as a cover if Cunha got injured?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if anything happens to Neto and hwang (both have injury problems) are you sure you about that????
Can't be sure if tomorrow will be granted to us, so how much less anything football related?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new GK and striker in the summer must be our absolute priorities surely? Not sure I’d be against signing a CB either, even if Mosquera comes back?

Back
Top Bottom