Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs tryna find an attacker before the window closes...

Confused Where Are We GIF by Republic Records

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he knows they sold Johnson and has a little wriggle room and is desperate to finish above Luton. Worst case is they go down and flog a few including MGW.
Yes they sold Johnson, on deadline day, but they also brought in about 6 players on the same day.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sign no-one as fully expected, no great drama, expect similar in the summer and disappointment avoided. Some fans need to review their expectations in the post Mendes frugal Fosun era.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In terms of number of posts (nearly 9k) and absolutely FA to end up writing about this thread is in a class of its own!
And 637k views, a few mine. Think of how all that time could have been put to better use?! Say each view is 5 minutes, that's 53,000 hours we've spent reading this thread alone!

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My worries are injuries. Hopefully we'll be okay but all it takes is 2 or 3 injuries to mess up our season even if we are relativity safe.
Thats my worry too. 'Relatively' being the right word. A lot of pressure on Fraser and Chirewa. A big risk not signing anyone so let's hope it doesnt backfire.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Highly unlikely Lemina gets games from the off maybe later in the season when hes up to speed
The injury situation is currently good. What we are really discussing at this point is A. someone to give Cunha a rest when he's tired and B. someone who can credibly operate as an attacker if the club suffer an injury crisis.

Worst-case, we end up having to play some youth players like mini Lemina (he's going to be a very strong one in a couple seasons, but for now he's mini) and Fraser. Ideal? No. Disastrous in the long-term? No.

Probably not making Europe or winning the FA Cup, but...

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are not supposed to let players go before a replacement comes in. Like every other club in the world does. It's pretty simple.

I actually thought it would be impossible to defend the club on here for this reason.

We all know how (supposedly) hard January is, nobody really argues with that. So keep our strikers until we get one in.

There are two reasons for us being so stupid:

1. Fosun are in a truly desperate situation to the extent they had to get people off the wage bill.

2. The people making the decisions are arrogant/complacent beyond belief to the extent they presumed they'd be able to get a deal done anyway with three weeks left in the window.

We actually have to hope it's the second option, and, if it is, people need replacing. Unfortunately, aside from Hobbs, those behind the scenes have used up too many chances.
Jeez what complete and utter *******s --honestly how can you use words like Fosun = truly desperate and decision makers are
arrogant/complacent .

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have limited resources, but you can't have players here who don't want to be, not when the ethos of GON's management/dressing room is team spirit and having a happy camp, voices causing disruption are removed. Even the examples at other clubs are Arteta removing Aubamayang as soon as possible because he was ruining the dressing room harmony.
I wasn't aware that any targeted players were disruptive, tbh.
My point was more about the level of expectation and the current squad.
My personal expectation hasn't moved from 12/14th so no issue as far as I'm concerned, but any further success imv would be challenging with no further addition(s).

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing but not altogether surprising. Feel sorry for GON because he'd clearly like the flexibility of a striker of a particular profile that we don't currently have, although to be fair the financial conditions that have dictated this situation are probably the only reason he's here

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez what complete and utter *******s --honestly how can you use words like Fosun = truly desperate and decision makers are
arrogant/complacent .
Because they've made our squad worse at a key part of the season.

So they're either stupid, or desperate for money.

It could be both, but they have history for stupidity, as they made us worse in 2022 and we fell down the table, as we will here I reckon.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a failure of a transfer window and the gamble of letting players go early looks like it ain’t going to pay off. Disappointing and I feel for GON who seemed so confident we’d get someone in. Also feel for Fraser who will miss out on a loan so he can sit as an unused sub.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing but not altogether surprising. Feel sorry for GON because he'd clearly like the flexibility of a striker of a particular profile that we don't currently have, although to be fair the financial conditions that have dictated this situation are probably the only reason he's here

GERRIM in for a trial

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
So we let Sasa go because he didn't fit GONs style of play (despite coming off the bench to save us twice)
This is what annoys me. Who gives a **** if Sasa doesn't suit our style? He scored 2 winners for us already this season.
Keep him here, bring him off the bench, give him more than 5 minutes per game. Makes no ****ing sense.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing isn’t it.

Fraser & Holman it is

I can't say I'm massively disappointed because my expectations for this window was pretty low. I didn't expect us to bring in anyone
But loan out a striker and not bring in anyone still is quite impressive..

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what annoys me. Who gives a **** if Sasa doesn't suit our style? He scored 2 winners for us already this season.
Keep him here, bring him off the bench, give him more than 5 minutes per game. Makes no ****ing sense.

Thats the thing..
Who do we bring on now when chasing a goal? Fraser? And actually I'm not too opposed to that, but not sure GON trusts him for that, so I doubt he'll play much.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
I just wonder if we didn't set our targets in relation to the budget and situations we were prepared to go?
Or did the market not go like we thought it would do?

Back
Top Bottom