Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On his current form I am doubtful he would look good in League 1. There's no way he would play much in Germany.

You do realize how much better the German league is than the SPL, right?

Playing in the SPL for Rangers should be free.
He joined Rangers when they were bang in form, so he wasn't going to get into the first 11

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Broja no thanks but we still need a reinforcement. not even a starter someone with a bit of experience who can play across that forward line.
Front 3 is set. Why didnt we go for Kieffer Moore on loan? hes going to ipswich but could have done a job as a sub. maybe didnt want to sit on bench

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4m loan for less than half a season is absurd.

Would be annoyed and disappointed if in todays climate we wasted money like that.

Flipside though, bit gutting to have not bought in a forward who could improve us and help us.

Such a bizarre market though.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their owner is basically going “if I get done for speeding, I’d rather get caught doing 85 in a 30 zone than 35 in a 30”.
Or he knows they sold Johnson and has a little wriggle room and is desperate to finish above Luton. Worst case is they go down and flog a few including MGW.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he knows they sold Johnson and has a little wriggle room and is desperate to finish above Luton. Worst case is they go down and flog a few including MGW.
None of their players have relegation clauses.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day it’s only worth bringing in players GON wants. He will have been involved in drawing up the list with Hobbs. Anyone who thinks that GON has been blindsided by Hobbs either a) is so blinded by their hatred of the current ownership they are no longer capable of rational thought or b) oblivious to how the process works. We can all bandy around names we would consider but unless GON actually wants them then it’s a waste of time and money. They will have started with a list of identified targets and gone after them. They’re not pulling names out of a hat!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible how Forest operate.
I hope they get points deducted and go down. **** MGW and **** Forest's owner.
Nuno should not have gone there.
Nuno can do what he wants, I don't see the bearing on how most Wolves fans think about him or his time here.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Nuno can do what he wants, I don't see the bearing on how most Wolves fans think about him or his time here.
I mean, of course, I agree with you! All I'm saying that Forest is too much of a mess for him to get involved with, but I guess he goes along with what Mendes says.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4m loan for less than half a season is absurd.

Would be annoyed and disappointed if in todays climate we wasted money like that.

Flipside though, bit gutting to have not bought in a forward who could improve us and help us.

Such a bizarre market though.
To put that on context we paid £5 million for Raul for the whole season.

DJW

Reaction score
Sasa played 159 minutes in the first half of the season. Silva is absolutely useless and can't even get a start in the SPL.

In GON's mind, I genuinely believe Nathan Fraser was ahead of them in the pecking order.
Nathan Fraser, who was on his way to Shrewsbury Town? I fear the Fraser will suffer most, development wise, if he's forced to stay due to a poor transfer window.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nathan Fraser, who was on his way to Shrewsbury Town? I fear the Fraser will suffer most, development wise, if he's forced to stay due to a poor transfer window.

He needs to be used in games between now and the end of the season, he's at a critical point where he needs first team minutes to develop

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our business is done then we’re basically as we were or have been players used wise with the introduction of Lemina. We’ve not done too bad so far. Hwang returning soon to put back into the fold also.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would presumably have headed there to start every week, not many Championship clubs are going to guarantee an 18 year old striker regular starts.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guess we will find out. If GON gets 200 good minutes out of him, that would likely be very valuable to his development. Plus training with the first team all the time.

It would also be more than he used Sasa.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If our business is done then we’re basically as we were or have been players used wise with the introduction of Lemina. We’ve not done too bad so far. Hwang returning soon to put back into the fold also.
My worries are injuries. Hopefully we'll be okay but all it takes is 2 or 3 injuries to mess up our season even if we are relativity safe.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
So we loan Sasa out and Frankfurt sign a striker we wanted for his competition, we loan Fabio out just as their striker finds form and then we fart about on a player being massively overpriced by his club! Oh and work on a deal from Brazil for all of what…12 hours?!…I am praying Cunha and Hwang stay fit otherwise it’s gonna leave us very weak up top!! GON must be disappointed!…he’s made it very obvious what he wants but the club letting him down big time!

Back
Top Bottom