Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agents are the worst single thing to ever happen to football. You know the game has gone when an agent, who supposedly works for the player and club, can scupper a deal the player and club want to see happen
I feel sorry for the little darlings with such a poor level of activity around. They must be feeling the pinch. Thinking of starting a crowdfunding page for them.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this a couple of months ago, but we actually do have an outside chance of finishing in Europe this season now. We could feasibly move joint 7th tonight. If Jeff fails to get the number 9 Gary wants (even as a loan to buy later), I think it could prove to be a crucial blow to that ambition.
This is where I am with it too. I’m overall massively relaxed because of how well the seasons going, how we sorted FFP and how Hobbs said about maybe going again this summer.

BUT… the climate of the PL is always changing and we might not get another shot at Europe for a long, long time - although things could go the other way, of course. There’s just something nagging at me that we are potentially throwing away points by not having that right type of forward; I think the Brighton game made me realise this as we would have won that by a couple if we have a genuine striker.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep may as well take a punt on a lower league player for that

That's my thoughts. What about Bojan Miovski from Aberdeen. He is 6'2" only 24 and has international experience.

What would it take to get him, £5m maybe £8m - I think he has only got 18 months left on his contract.

27 goals in 59 games for Aberdeen suggests he is worth a punt.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He and I disagree with you.
That's you reading into it. He knew what the situation was, we and he have far exceeded expectations, and he is saying nothing whatsoever unexpected.

Neither of us actually know either way but it'd be surprising if he was anything more than a typical manager frustrated with the market - which has been really odd this month.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's what the lad needed....to forge a career for himself....instead of being constantly loaned out.. similar to Giles, there come a point when you have to separate....
We have a few like him who just wont ever been good enough for us but if they take a step back they could still develop well. Hodge and Cundle spring to mind immediately. Hoever is another.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be very Wolves if the sum of our deadline day business were to sell another attacking player. I guess we think little Lemina is better?

Lemina is very highly rated for the age, Theo sadly hasn’t really kicked on even though he has so much potential. As harsh as that sounds

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one starting a #FreeYuri campaign is shockingly bad form. It worked so well with Joao Gomes.

Three things they like in Brazil: Football, agents fees and campaigns to free trapped footballers who really want to join Wolves.
Lol with 12 hrs to go its a bit late,but nice thought

roystonwolf

Reaction score
dont worry kiefer moore is available
You know there will be a #FreeKiefferMoore campaign at 10.30pm tonight.

Joking aside, this one could actually materialise - he's played for GON and we seem to be renewing interest in players we have previously scouted. I just hope we don't renew interest in Andy Carroll...

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Don’t see how there’s time to get across from Brazil now for a medical….unless they do it over there I suppose

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's you reading into it. He knew what the situation was, we and he have far exceeded expectations, and he is saying nothing whatsoever unexpected.

Neither of us actually know either way but it'd be surprising if he was anything more than a typical manager frustrated with the market - which has been really odd this month.
We do know as he's said he wanted a 9. Repeatedly. In the press conferences.

It's not been hidden.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky reporting we still talking to Chelsea,cant see it happening now though,Fulham would be his preferred option being so close id guess

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky reporting we still talking to Chelsea,cant see it happening now though,Fulham would be his preferred option being so close id guess

Fulham going scatter gun for forwards now - trying Ekitike and Haller from Dortmund. They could end up with something before Broja gets resolved allowing us to get him quickly and (comparatively) cheaply.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham going scatter gun for forwards now - trying Ekitike and Haller from Dortmund. They could end up with something before Broja gets resolved allowing us to get him quickly and (comparatively) cheaply.
Possibly
I mean i would like to see him here, as i think he has a lot of what we want,but hes not fully recovered from his injury and would take time to settle,so the price has to reflect that ,and at the moment Chelsea are just not in the same world as us

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We seem way too far apart with Chelsea’s valuation for Broja to actually happen imo. Hopefully we’ve got plans D, E and F lined up.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5m loan fee deductible from an option of £20m might just be acceptable. Straight fee is laughable and they can **** off and struggle to comply with FFP. Absolutely no way we should even consider he must play - for £5m we call the shots.

Back
Top Bottom