Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The word from the brother in law is that he is a very good player, but has had a pretty poor season thus far (its been a pretty average one for them overall). Thinks he's very promising though and it would be a decent deal for both. He's pretty clued up and thought we should have gone for Murillo when Forest bought him, so we'll soon see hopefully?

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
It's far more likely he's the forward we can get rather than who we need.

I'm not inclined to listen to reviews about any player. How many wanted nothing to do with GON based on that Bournemouth fans review of him? How many on here said they would have happily driven Hwang to Leeds last season and what would Leeds fan's have made of that? I'd much rather keep an open mind and judge him with my own eyes after a decent settling in period
It'll never catch on:)

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score

Yuri Alberto is an extremely fast and agile player who typically behaves as a Shadow Striker. His excellent dribbling ability and composure in front of goal make him a potent weapon in the final third.

The 21-year-old can play anywhere across the front line and has decent positioning but he will be looking to further develop this in the future if he wants to take his game to the next level.

Interestingly, the centre-forward shows great quality at recovering the ball in the final third. This is definitely a quality to highlight as he can revive attacks by winning the ball back in dangerous areas on the pitch.

would be a great pick for a lower to mid-table English team.

Other players worth mentioning are Murilo (Palmeiras), Gabriel Menino (Palmeiras), Helinho (Red Bull Bragantino), João Gomes (Flamengo) and Santiago Simón (River Plate).

I've heard that name somewhere before. o_O

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope it happens.

We all know there are risks with every transfer, and he's had some poor reports from Corinthians fans but they're a big club who are underachieving.

The fact Zenit spent big money and that he's won a cap for Brazil (in a rotated squad, admittedly) suggests there's talent there. As well as that, the West Ham sporting director pushed for him by all accounts this summer, and he had a good summer window with who he brought in.

So hopefully we'd be the sort of move to get his career back on track.

No real risk as an option to buy, but also not a 'project' player, and we need someone to be able to fit in immediately, which he should be able to do.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More or less what we are asking for and need. Centre forward as a back up to front 3 of neto, cunha, hwang. Plays a few games and mins to help rotate. (Possibly?) cheap wages and low fee that we dont have to trigger if no good. Allows fraser to go out on loan. Sounds fine to me and all the business we need.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure we were working on this in the background while we worked on our original targets (Adams, Broja etc.)
We was always going to have a few fall back options.....we was probably inundated with agents offering forwards as it's been quite open we was after one...

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Hobbs pulls this off, then I will be thrilled at this window.

fleck1

Reaction score
South American market seems to have good value and looking around players generally adapt to the English style of football pretty well. A loan with option also suits us as its a free hit, adds an option to the squad, if it doesn't work we send him back and go again in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom