Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ekitike you would have thought we would have done everything possible on wages etc and were talking with PSG in any case re Lemina but Nada even though a loan was very possible initially. Either he just does not fancy Wolves or we were not willing to pay sufficient wages.
even Man Utd fans think 300k wages are excessive and his attitude is poor

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love him but Chris wood has 8 goals for forest this season. There is no way forest are going to loan him out to a rival. Che Adams is a maybe but is going to be dependent on the size of fee saints want and whether the guy himself

And the idea that there is no competition when we would probably have to drop one of Hwang Neto or Cunha, to get them in is frankly absurd.
We need a centre forward that is quick, hard working, capable of chipping in with a goal or two for less than ten million.
I am going to have to come back to you on this. Due to your "absurd" comment ;)
Firstly I am suggesting the type of person we can go for , so I mentioned British guys we can relate to. I am sure there are similar in every European country , in South American or Africa .
Secondly Cunha , Hwang and Neto and one other is perfectly acceptable . Otherwise there is no slack, no cover. Do you think other teams dont rotate 4 amongst 3 positions , or are they all vulnerable to injury, sickness , international duty, loss of form, change in tactics ?

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are people so quick to dismiss Europe as a possibility this season?

Don't get me wrong, I would not put money on us finishing in the top 7/8 or winning a cup, but the way it's dismissed is just a safety net for people to avoid debating about the ambition of the board.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a front three of Neto, Cunha and Hwang is as good as most of what we're competing against.

Ait-Nouri is a player the majority think can play at the highest level, likewise Joao Gomes and Mario Lemina has been excellent.

The other players aren't exactly useless either, and all clubs have unheralded players who do well. For example, the likes of Burn and Longstaff featuring for a side that finished in the top four would be unheard of.

So, why wouldn't we make the top 7/8? Because our squad lacks the depth and unlike Newcastle who can bring in Wilson when Isak gets injured, or Spurs who have Werner to replace Son, or Brighton who have Evan Ferguson on the bench, we simply do not have anywhere near the quality of our rivals in reserve.

If Hwang/Cunha/Neto lose form or suffer an injury, or are simply run into the ground, the quality replacing them isn't enough.

Now we are massive overachievers, so I don't blame the club for that. In the summer our aim was 17th and we sold a lot of players due to FFP, so the squad was always going to suffer.

However, right now, we have a sniff of finishing in the top 7/8. Again, I do not make us favourites, and it would be an incredible story. But, there's a chance. So let's actually try. Get a proper striker in, and let's see what happens.

mroli74

Reaction score
Max kilman, Bueno, Toti, mosquera, not sure if we can count ait nouri

Goncalves, mir obv went on to have great careers but we didn't benefit much.
Yeah, I only did the people in the article as they were there ones being called out contemporaneously. Vinagre made us money as well I think but went into a bit of a spin career wise

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs and co have apparently no money to play with so it is all 'noise' really -Broja was never going to happen in a million years as we didn't even appear to be willing to agree an option and probably Chelsea were being over greedy on the prospective fee.. Ekitike you would have thought we would have done everything possible on wages etc and were talking with PSG in any case re Lemina but Nada even though a loan was very possible initially. Either he just does not fancy Wolves or we were not willing to pay sufficient wages. A huge lost opportunity imv that we may come to regret if it was down to penny pinching.
So after all the rubbish spoken we have a promising 18 year old for the U.21s and no striker cover whatsoever. Looks like the last minute transfer tactics have flopped bar a miracle. GON has been badly let down and because we are ahead of the relegation candidates the board imv have shown complacency. If we had been In the relegation places the club would have pushed harder.
For me the tragedy is that give Cunha a decent CF striker to play off and we become top 8 candidates in the second half of the season. Now we will come in 12th or13th or 14th. Safe perhaps but with the prospect of losing Neto and one or two more in the summer and a difficult re-build with GON wondering what his next managerial move might be.
Oh grow up. :D

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, I would not put money on us finishing in the top 7/8 or winning a cup, but the way it's dismissed is just a safety net for people to avoid debating about the ambition of the board.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a front three of Neto, Cunha and Hwang is as good as most of what we're competing against.

Ait-Nouri is a player the majority think can play at the highest level, likewise Joao Gomes and Mario Lemina has been excellent.

The other players aren't exactly useless either, and all clubs have unheralded players who do well. For example, the likes of Burn and Longstaff featuring for a side that finished in the top four would be unheard of.

So, why wouldn't we make the top 7/8? Because our squad lacks the depth and unlike Newcastle who can bring in Wilson when Isak gets injured, or Spurs who have Werner to replace Son, or Brighton who have Evan Ferguson on the bench, we simply do not have anywhere near the quality of our rivals in reserve.

If Hwang/Cunha/Neto lose form or suffer an injury, or are simply run into the ground, the quality replacing them isn't enough.

Now we are massive overachievers, so I don't blame the club for that. In the summer our aim was 17th and we sold a lot of players due to FFP, so the squad was always going to suffer.

However, right now, we have a sniff of finishing in the top 7/8. Again, I do not make us favourites, and it would be an incredible story. But, there's a chance. So let's actually try. Get a proper striker in, and let's see what happens.
Europe through a cup win in May,

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's is nowt in the Ings stuff. I don't even see him leaving west ham. Let alone us paying his wages....it was rumoured early doors but nothing for ages..,..I reckon the only 2 who have been mentioned with any possibility even if it's slim are Ekitike n Broja......it will more likely be someone we have never heard off than Ings or most probably no one......in my opinion...
"No one " fits the bill. No FFP problems .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind that we don't sign anyone but whats the plan going forward ?

No striker yet again and we are an injury or suspension away from Fraser playing . He might be good enough but yet again the planning behind the scenes seems questionable . A little like the stadium redevelopment #nonexistent.

To kick on from the last 3 seasons things need to change not groundhog season where we sell Neto in the summer and bring in 3 players that are below standard and hope one comes off .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No striker yet again and we are an injury or suspension away from Fraser playing . He might be good enough but yet again the planning behind the scenes seems questionable . A little like the stadium redevelopment #nonexistent.

To kick on from the last 3 seasons things need to change not groundhog season where we sell Neto in the summer and bring in 3 players that are below standard and hope one comes off .
I mind precisely because of your reasoning, which seems correct. A Silva/Jimmy situation all over again

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

A lot of fans seem to be dismissing Europe, but the staff and players certainly are NOT...

You won't be hearing any brash statements about it from management, but they believe it's possible and are targeting exactly that.

Loan striker incoming tomorrow, players returning from AFCON/Asia Cup... confidence sky high. Could be a very interesting end to the season.

Reaction score
I don’t think the Forest business is that crazy tbh. They’re losing Mangala for decent money apparently, he was on 30k a week, can’t see the young Portuguese lad being on that much. But they’re also losing Origi who was on 130k a week!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a good point. If there was stuff worth buying, and you could actually get it in the time available, or were enticed to get in before or stay longer, the club could make a fortune.
It has to be an over-arching, sensible approach.
I won’t buy beer or food round or inside the ground, because it’s exorbitantly priced rubbish.
£8 for a BSE burger? £6 for plastic bottles of awful lager? Or I can have a proper pint on the way for less, stop at a chippy for significantly less.

Whereas Spuds are making a killing from the new stadium, because they’re selling quality beer at prices comparable to, or cheaper than the general surrounding area.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Jan and this summer show me the club is in safer hands than you might think.

stevev53

Reaction score
Hobbs and co have apparently no money to play with so it is all 'noise' really -Broja was never going to happen in a million years as we didn't even appear to be willing to agree an option and probably Chelsea were being over greedy on the prospective fee.. Ekitike you would have thought we would have done everything possible on wages etc and were talking with PSG in any case re Lemina but Nada even though a loan was very possible initially. Either he just does not fancy Wolves or we were not willing to pay sufficient wages. A huge lost opportunity imv that we may come to regret if it was down to penny pinching.
So after all the rubbish spoken we have a promising 18 year old for the U.21s and no striker cover whatsoever. Looks like the last minute transfer tactics have flopped bar a miracle. GON has been badly let down and because we are ahead of the relegation candidates the board imv have shown complacency. If we had been In the relegation places the club would have pushed harder.
For me the tragedy is that give Cunha a decent CF striker to play off and we become top 8 candidates in the second half of the season. Now we will come in 12th or13th or 14th. Safe perhaps but with the prospect of losing Neto and one or two more in the summer and a difficult re-build with GON wondering what his next managerial move might be.
Best wait until 11pm tomorrow to save any embarrassment.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Id imagine the source of him being on 300k to 400k a week, is about as reliable and believable as the one saying Fabio is on 80k a week here but a few will keep repeating it as truth.
Came from a psg fan
Everyone is saying he’s on massive wages

Back
Top Bottom