Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not understand, they continue after breaking rule?
They have the Johnson money to play with in this window. Though of course their argument is they should be allowed to use that against losses in the previous period which, if accepted, will either allow them to count him twice or leave them needing to sell in the summer.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The #SGE - and this does not change - will not go beyond the limits of reason for Ekitike and will not pay an excessive amount. Either #PSG accepts these limits - or #Ekitike threatens to continue to sour on the bank and lose MW. Agreement with him helps the #Eintracht in this poker.

On frankfurt and hugo

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really understand either of these Forest moves. Reyna has had a difficult time in the Bundesliga and is always injured. This striker is currently struggling in the third tier of Portugal.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really understand either of these Forest moves. Reyna has had a difficult time in the Bundesliga and is always injured. This striker is currently struggling in the third tier of Portugal.
Mendes all over,

@Hawkguy rumours of Jonathan David having a late bid by chelsea if they can shift broja

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's almost like they're a club with no plan...

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’d have taken Reyna purely for numbers, but he’s not the player he appeared to be a couple of years back.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be pretty excited if Wolves were bringing in Gio Reyna on loan with an option to buy to be honest. He's been up and down but clearly a very good player in there and he's only 21-years-old so he's not supposed to be consistent yet.

Would probs try and keep his parents away given their outspoken ways seem to get him into bother with the national team. Like parents at Sunday league moaning at the manager for their kid not playing and telling him to strop.

Three of Reyna, MGW, Elanga, Hudson-Odoi behind the very, very good Awoniyi is solid to be honest. They won't be going down with options like that. Unless the points deduction comes of course.

It's pretty obvious from the outside they need a keeper more than anything else, mind.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dia was an option but hammers might go for DIa, if hes fit enough, which could free up ings.

Likelihood unless frankfurt muck up ekitike and psg come asking please sir, there is no 9.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Potentially see the striker as one for the future - 6 in 9 in last seasons UEFA Youth League and reasonably prolific in the age groups for Portugal means there is talent there.

Maybe one to test, similar to Rafa Mir for us - buy relatively cheap, he develops you might have a player or sell him for £millions

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find all this talk of signing Ings terrifying.

We’re not going to qualify for Europe (I don’t care if we are only 3 points off a European spot at the moment), we’re not going to get relegated.

Ings is going to sit on our bench for 70 minutes every match and be paid a fortune to do so, then we’ve got the problem of what to do with him in the summer. There’s a reason he’s been passed around like a hot potato in recent years. Save the money and just use Fraser.

dnf14

Reaction score

Given newcastle us and forest have interest

we could be in the mix

Negotiations continue between Frankfurt and PSG to reach an agreement.NB: In the last 24 hours, some English clubs have been pressing to try to overtake Frankfurt.
Forest have Awoniyi back and have committed to that Mendes favour of a striker, doesn't make sense for them to go in for another one.
Forest it is then.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to replace Neto?

I don`t think we, the fans, want to. But Neto is worth £40 million in the market. Wolves club policy is to rotate the squad, buy cheap, sell high. Looks to me as if we have 4 high value £40 million players, Pedro Neto, Max Kilman, Rayan Ait Nouri, and Joao Gomes, who if we keep for another season should be worth £50 million.
We have a number of other players worth £10-£20 million who will be in demand if the club is prepared to sell.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’re not going to qualify for Europe (I don’t care if we are only 3 points off a European spot at the moment), we’re not going to get relegated.

Ings is going to sit on our bench for 70 minutes every match and be paid a fortune to do so, then we’ve got the problem of what to do with him in the summer. There’s a reason he’s been passed around like a hot potato in recent years. Save the money and just use Fraser.

The thing is he's still a good Premierleague player, not THAT old, decent injury record since that injury. He was MOTM in the game i watched the other day. He will do a hell lot more off the bench than Fraser. He's 100% a valid useful Premier league player. We are unlikely to get a better one on a loan with no obligation, which is the market we are in.

Obv don't pay him big wages. But we pay Sarabia 140k a week and no one cares.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don`t think we, the fans, want to. But Neto is worth £40 million in the market. Wolves club policy is to rotate the squad, buy cheap, sell high. Looks to me as if we have 4 high value £40 million players, Pedro Neto, Max Kilman, Rayan Ait Nouri, and Joao Gomes, who if we keep for another season should be worth £50 million.
We have a number of other players worth £10-£20 million who will be in demand if the club is prepared to sell.
I usually role my eyes when i see people valuing neto at 70 to 80m plus, but at the same time think , even with injury history, current market issues, he is worth more than 40m currently. Somewhere in the middle would be most likely. Think you are probably right with the other three, and we need to get ait nouris sell on fee sorted with angers if he is to be sold for that sort of money in the summer

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha?! Unless by excluding him you mean he's an £80 million player, in which case I agree!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On a six month loan, I wouldn't hate it. If he chips in with 2-3 goals between now and the end of the season with cameos off the bench, he's done his job.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest signing players isn't strange behaviour - they had a small village turn up to pre-season training last season.

Forest not signing a goalkeeper, when the average fan let alone their former goalkeeper head coach can see their first choice is utterly hapless and costing them more points than yet another striker or attacking midfield can overturn, is most definitely bizarre though

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Cunha?! Unless by excluding him you mean he's an £80 million player, in which case I agree!

I was thinking new reality valuations, the four I mentioned are players I think we would sell for £40 million. I don`t think Wolves want or will sell Cunha too important now. But at £80 million? Every player has their price. I think J Gomes price could go a lot higher if we manage to keep him for another season.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Forest taking the Everton approach - do everything and spend anything they can to maintain Premiership status before any sanctions are imposed.

Worst case 10 point deduction this season - if they scramble to 44 points then they give themselves a fighting chance of survival even with a 10 point deduction - and that will be going some (24 points required in 16 games).

Probably more a case of them hoping any sanctions are applied next season perhaps?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Forest taking the Everton approach - do everything and spend anything they can to maintain Premiership status before any sanctions are imposed.

Worst case 10 point deduction this season - if they scramble to 44 points then they give themselves a fighting chance of survival even with a 10 point deduction - and that will be going some (24 points required in 16 games).

Probably more a case of them hoping any sanctions are applied next season perhaps?
Take the sanction this year probably 6 points means they are fine for PSR for next year (which is 23/24 figures)

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is he's still a good Premierleague player, not THAT old, decent injury record since that injury. He was MOTM in the game i watched the other day. He will do a hell lot more off the bench than Fraser. He's 100% a valid useful Premier league player. We are unlikely to get a better one on a loan with no obligation, which is the market we are in.

But we don’t need him, as soon as we’re out the cup our season is over. The player that makes way for him will be Fraser who in what probably amounts to 90 minutes of first team football has scored twice and set up another 3. I’d sooner we give Fraser the game time.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think they're spending this season to give themselves every chance of mitigating any sanctions they receive.

Kinda of kicking another can down the road i think

Reactions: Ned

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He’s that good West Ham will be effectively be paying someone else in PL for him to play against them.

Back
Top Bottom