Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

dnf14

Reaction score
I reckon we'll move on from Broja and Ekitike now. Unfortunately they can't be done on the terms that we want them. Let's see what Plan B is. Boulaye Dia or Habib Diallo?
Our informal discussions with Chelsea have been well covered over the last week, the fact that we've made a formal approach for Broja at all implies to me that Hobbs believes there's a deal to be struck somewhere.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Our informal discussions with Chelsea have been well covered over the last week, the fact that we've made a formal approach for Broja at all implies to me that Hobbs believes there's a deal to be struck somewhere.
Chelsea obviously want an obligation an option wouldn’t help them at all
I wouldn’t want to be taking him with an obligation at that price

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea obviously want an obligation an option wouldn’t help them at all
I wouldn’t want to be taking him with an obligation at that price
A loan fee plus wages does help them for this season's PSR, maybe by up to 6-7m.

With the possibility of an agreed sale before the deadline in the close season.

That might be the best they can get in the current climate.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fraser isnt in the matchday squad youd expect hes going on loan is what i woudl say as otherwise he will be on the bench (unless injured)

Chirewa looked very poor and slow on Sunday. I seriously doubt he’s got a long term future at anything above Championship at best. Looked similar to Cundle who I don’t rate either.
Not sure yet, very early days next 12 months will tell I guess

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Here's a question: where does a striker fit in to current set-up? Who is getting dropped? What does the shape look like? I'm not saying we don't need one, I just don't see where we make space. Does Cunha get dropped? Do we move to a back 4 to enable an extra attacker?
4-2-3-1 formation. A new number 9 up front. Trouble is, that doesn't seem to suit our defenders

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan fee plus wages does help them for this season's PSR, maybe by up to 6-7m.

With the possibility of an agreed sale before the deadline in the close season.

That might be the best they can get in the current climate.
£6-7m that we probably cannot afford.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£6-7m that we probably cannot afford.
Doesnt add up.

The club and Oneil have consistently said money is available at various points

Players have been moved out, which were presented as necessary moves to buy a player.

As ever, Wolves expect our cash and our loyalty, but dont seem too ready to give it back.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 formation. A new number 9 up front. Trouble is, that doesn't seem to suit our defenders

We aren’t changing shape anytime soon and it’s why I don’t think we actually need a proper 9. A prospect winger would be perfect (apparently Lazio are negotiating for Jack Clarke for 10-15M).

DJW

Reaction score
Because in England we are able to judge the whole footballing future of a young player on a mere 15-minute appearance :(
Genuine question, as I've seen very little of him. Is he really as slow as he appeared to be in that short sprint on Sunday?
All other aspects of his game were reasonably impressive so I'm hoping he had just chosen not to go after the ball at full tilt.
Maybe someone who has seen more of him can shed some light on his pace.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant give an obligation to a player just back from a serious injury.

Chelsea must know that however, so maybe scope for some movement.
Could be the amount of the obligation, rather than just the principle that is the sticking point. The numbers quoted so far seem to have been miles apart.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea want an obligation at a stupid price then we will walk away. They're trying to pull our pants down when they probably have no idea what kind of a half season we will get from him so want a figure and transfer nailed on. It makes no sense as we will never agree an obligatory price based on a loan spell that hasn't happened yet and especially for a player who has had a good half a season in his whole career which includes a major injury.

It could end up like football's version of Tommy and Gorgeous George buying the caravan off the gypsies in Snatch.

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Do we think that it's Broja and Etitike were the two GON was talking about as us not having the finance to do, before the Albion game?

Just think that might be the timing and hopefully we've been working on other targets seriously for a few days.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Chelsea have been telling the world for weeks that they don't want Broja. Not only has he been public humiliated, but he is presumably now looking at months on the bench until they repeat rinse again in the summer. He will want out and Chelsea will want him gone asap to avoid having an upset bunny loitering around the place.

Let the bluffing in public continue (we want £50million, we want £40 million, we want £30 million.. etc.). Behind the scenes as the deadline approaches, it's more likely to be a case of what do we have to do to get rid of him?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many professional scouts do
And the scouts will have been watching him on many many occasions for 90 mins at a time and that’s why he is with us now because they think he has a chance, it’s now they are seeing if he can take that chance, he has done well since he has been here with the under 21s and first team training otherwise he would not have made the bench the last few games
They are now assessing him in those situations, they will not be making any decisions based on a few minutes and Brentford, Brighton and them lot
Having said that GON must have confidence to bring him on twice since Brentford and once since Brighton
For the avoidance of doubt I’m not saying he’s the finished article but give the lad a chance, GON is.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle, Tottenham & Bayern are interested in Jacob Ramsey.

Offers above £50m will be considered by Aston Villa who need to raise funds before the end of June to stay compliant with FFP.

[The Athletic]

Finally in trouble. Not surprising
They've got him and Watkins to sell to avoid FFP issues but the problem now really is so few can spend the money Villa would want/need.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know this site is about opinions and we’re all entitled to have them.

But give the lad a break. He’s 20 years old and has been at the club for 4 months. He deserves credit for working hard and getting noticed enough to be considered for the first team bench.
i agree but he did look really slow to be honest. i was quite shocked how slow

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i agree but he did look really slow to be honest. i was quite shocked how slow
To be fair the whole stand thought he may get to that one ball but he didn't......was it further away from him than we all thought or maybe we have got so used to Cunha , neto and say Hwang pace we think everybody is lightening....

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea want an obligation at a stupid price then we will walk away. They're trying to pull our pants down when they probably have no idea what kind of a half season we will get from him so want a figure and transfer nailed on. It makes no sense as we will never agree an obligatory price based on a loan spell that hasn't happened yet and especially for a player who has had a good half a season in his whole career which includes a major injury.

It could end up like football's version of Tommy and Gorgeous George buying the caravan off the gypsies in Snatch.
Brilliant scene with a young Stephen Graham - still has me in stitches.

Reactions: Ned

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the idea that Chirewa is slow is based on a couple of passes that were well upfield which he chose not to chase for. That was because his job for the last ten was holding midfielder to help shore up and limit space. He was doing what he had been told to do. On another day with a different remit he may well have hared upfield after a long pass and we may have then got a fairer picture of his true pace (or lack of it).

Back
Top Bottom