Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

dnf14

Reaction score
Mercato : Lille négocie pour Noha Lemina (PSG)

LOSC approached Paris Saint-Germain to try to sign the young 18-year-old striker Noha Lemina.

Several clubs have contacted PSG in recent days to try to bring in Noha Lemina (18 years old, under contract until June 2025). Lille is now one of the contenders while Wolverhampton, once very pressing, now seems further in the race.

LOSC was able to present its project to the young Parisian striker, on loan in Italy, to Sampdoria Genoa, since the start of the season. But the Northerners are not alone and other French teams are also in the running.
They got the order of things backwards methinks, sounds like our interest is falling off.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mercato : Lille négocie pour Noha Lemina (PSG)

They got the order of things backwards methinks, sounds like our interest is falling off.

Tried three different translations, and I agree that this suggests our interest is fading. This was the Microsoft translation:-

“Several clubs have been in contact with PSG in recent days to try to bring in Noha Lemina (18 years old, under contract until June 2025). Lille are now among the contenders while Wolverhampton, who were very pressing for a while, now seem to be further back in the race.”

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Serious question...could Gary walk?

At present it is a convenient relationship as he is building his reputation. But if he gets frustrated at the slow and out before in methods of our windows and feels he has been promised players we will never sign (like has happened to the other recent managers).... could he walk to a club that back will him. A West Ham etc

At the moment, not a chance. He's had an up and down first half of the season in a job he was very lucky to get. As we saw with Lage, you dont build your reputation and stature as a manager based on half a season's work. Things are working nicely now for him, but again, as we saw with Lage, you can go from the cusp of a European spot to a massive collapse and nobody sees it coming.

The other thing with GON is he came into the job knowing investment was going to be a problem. Its not like the Lopetegui situation where he got sold one thing when he came in, then it got changed, then it got changed again. Its not like we are moving the goalposts on him, he knows the situation. I do think though if we do have a solid season, he will attract interest and then he will leave if the finances arent there, but at the moment, i dont see him walking.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Do we REALLY lack a CF? ****, I've asked a question again

The stats would suggest we need to tighten up a little more the other way.

I think we do, and in general i think we lack a versatile forward, but i think we do need to tighten up as well.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At present it is a convenient relationship as he is building his reputation. But if he gets frustrated at the slow and out before in methods of our windows and feels he has been promised players we will never sign (like has happened to the other recent managers).... could he walk to a club that back will him. A West Ham etc

Not anytime soon. Frankly in the current climate, Wolves might not look a bad place for buying players come the summer, whereas many of the typical big spending mid tier clubs might not look great.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

Off topic slightly, yet the Brighton and Hove Albion game, could Gary use some of the U21's, and see what they have in their locker. Seems that we do have some very talented U21's, and not just talking about Nathan Fraser. Pardon for forgetting his name, yet the gentleman we brought on against Brighton looked very sharp, and did very well. Considering he was only given around 6+ minutes. But anyway, yeah, a loan deal would be ideal. I don't mind who it is, just a striker, who poaches, and just has that natural goal scoring instinct.

Madmalc

Reaction score
With Tawanda Chirewa (20 years old) and Nathan Fraser (18 years old) we have two players who could make an impact in the rest of the season. If either are loaned out their development may get stalled by not being played by the loan club.

It could be a make or break second half of the season for both. So far Fraser looks like he's making it.

Will Theo Corbeanu get thrown into the mix with the first team squad? His performances for Grasshoppers were good. The Grasshoppers manager was lamenting his loss here Club have lost 'best dribbler' in league – Struggling after Wolves decision to take him back

He's quick, can dribble, scores and assists, there's a post elsewhere questioning if he could move to a more central role with help from GON.

Last edited:

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Tawanda Chirewa (20 years old) and Nathan Fraser (18 years old) we have two players who could make an impact in the rest of the season. If either are loaned out their development may get stalled by not being played by the loan club.

It could be a make or break second half of the season for both. So far Fraser looks like he's making it.

Will Theo Corbeanu get thrown into the mix with the first team squad? His performances for Grasshoppers were good. The Grasshoppers manager was lamenting his loss here Club have lost 'best dribbler' in league – Struggling after Wolves decision to take him back

He's quick, can dribble, scores and assists, there's a post elsewhere questioning if he could move to a more central role with help from GON.
I think Theo is at the age now where he should be starting to play so we need to see if he can play at our level or let him move in the summer permanently. I wouldn't be against him becoming part of the squad

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not anytime soon. Frankly in the current climate, Wolves might not look a bad place for buying players come the summer, whereas many of the typical big spending mid tier clubs might not look great.
Agree.
I sense a strong degree of togetherness between GON and the club management. They are working as a team, just like the lads on the pitch.
(I use the word "sense" because I don't know this for a fact, but everything points that way)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There up aye they......that's why it seems a strange sale......it must be FFP related surely....
Agree. It would take a bigger choke than our famous choke season for them not to be automatic now.
It’s like the prem relegation ‘battle’ this season, no better time to cut a few corners or bank a few quid when there’s as little jeopardy as you’re likely to get.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score

I bet nobody was predicting this might be a potential worry at the start of the season!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What kind of midfielder is he? Can’t say I know a lot about him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player.

But, do we need him? Is he better than Doyle or Traore who are only three years older than him and still young at 22? I don't think so.

He could go on to be, and is more of an attacking threat, but, for right now, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom