Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it safe to say Hobbs will be in Jeff's n fosun good books again this January ...just like in the summer

Not sure he will be in Gary's at this moment in time....let's hope we still have the time and just like the summer, we pull it out the bag last minute.....and hopefully be some alignment between the two ......

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it safe to say Hobbs will be in Jeff's n fosun good books again this January ...just like in the summer

Not sure he will be in Gary's at this moment in time....let's hope we still have the time and just like the summer, we pull it out the bag last minute.....and hopefully be some alignment between the two ......
You could tell in the last press conference O'Neil was getting a bit frustrated with the striker situation..

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, EVERYONE always likes trotting out the line about FFP/PSR protecting the traditional big clubs - there's truth in that trope, but it's not that clear cut.

Some form of limit is clearly needed, because

a) clubs go mad and spend too much, crash and burn, and get a succession of increasingly dodgy owners as they freefall
b) or clubs act sustainably, but are weaker than their competitors who are happy to gamble their financial future
Surely point 2 is now kicking into gear because without it we be further adrift as Newcastle would be spending billions not to mention Everton and Forest until this year had no regard to finances whatsoever.
Personally I am for it now. We spent 30 plus million on 3 players in Guedes, Nunes and Silva and all three are flops. Not to mention the millions spent chasing stroppy strikers like Cutrone and Sasa.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could tell in the last press conference O'Neil was getting a bit frustrated with the striker situation..
Yes....you can't blame him.....we are playing well and he would like to build on it , just like most of us would.....we might never have a better chance to do well for a few years ..

But we all get the financial stuff.....so hopefully as I said we can get a bit of middle ground between the two.... similar to how we rescued the summer....I'm still hopeful it's all part of the plan..

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely point 2 is now kicking into gear because without it we be further adrift as Newcastle would be spending billions not to mention Everton and Forest until this year had no regard to finances whatsoever.

Yep, and Forest's owner strikes me as exactly the kind who would go on a huge spending spree for a couple of years (during which time other clubs would get relegated instead), and then lose interest and leave the club up a creek.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I am for it now. We spent 30 plus million on 3 players in Guedes, Nunes and Silva and all three are flops. Not to mention the millions spent chasing stroppy strikers like Cutrone and Sasa.
Sasa stroppy? and we made a profit on Nunes!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say it seems like a fiasco how Wolves have approached this transfer window.

Win the next two games and we are in the chase for 6th place and in the 5th round of the cup, a mid-season position as
promising as any in the Fosun era.

Yet we have been unable to bring in one striker as a buffer against the inevitable injuries. And we have shipped out two good strikers,
who could have played that backup role. Similar to the 21/22 January transfer window, we may well be about to blow what has
turned into an excellent season, (indeed an even better potential as the team looks better that that one).

Surely something can be done.
We aren't in with a shout of top 6, so I wouldn't be getting yourself bult up to come crashing down on that one. We are currently just poking our head above the mid table group. There are some good teams above us.

But I was with you until....
2 good strikers?! Are you counting Fabio Silva?!? Or have I missed one

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is de ja vu, you could replace GON with Nuno, Bruno or Lop in this regards. All had the shifting sands, snail pace and players out before signings lottery to try and plan a team and matches around.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gibbs ****e being linked with Newcastle if their dodgy Almiron sale goes through

Extra money for us I presume with a sell on?

Wonder how chirpy Florist fans will be when he takes the first train out of there
Where have you seen this?

You'd think Forest would want at least £50m for him, even with FFP problems.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs ****e being linked with Newcastle if their dodgy Almiron sale goes through

Wonder how chirpy Florist fans will be when he takes the first train out of there
They’d be better off getting Phillips atm I reckon.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"On top of that £35m package, Forest would have to pay further add-ons if they were to record a top-half finish [ha] or qualify for Europe [ha]. Wolves have also inserted a 15% sell-on clause in the deal." Source

£40m=£6m
£50m=7.5m
£60m=£9m
£70m=£10.5m

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"On top of that £35m package, Forest would have to pay further add-ons if they were to record a top-half finish [ha] or qualify for Europe [ha]. Wolves have also inserted a 15% sell-on clause in the deal." Source

£40m=£6m
£50m=7.5m
£60m=£9m
£70m=£10.5m
Thanks mate/

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some of the boys were gassed and cunha second guessed himself for the Neto chance. Neto cross shot can't be helped by a 9 and lemina forward run from midfield shot always hard but could easily have gone in

Rowzed

Reaction score
Bench looked unbelievably light today, I know we have 4 senior players out but we also have zero injuries. Squad is well covered in defence and midfield but we very much need another experienced player up front.

Quite glad not to have had Ekitike and would prefer someone who knows the league so that we have someone to turn to if Hwang or Cunha get a knock along the way

Back
Top Bottom