Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see us selling any key players this window we don’t need to unless it’s above our asking price Gomes is pure agent talk as club wanting sell on fee

As for the Turkish striker no idea we will have to wait it out

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next summer as in summer 2024, or summer 2025? I’m so confused with where we’re at with accounting periods and how it leaves us for ffp to be honest.
I think this could explain.
Our year end is 31st May .
We report 7 months after that December .
We are given 7 months in order to publish accurate historical records. Hence the lag.

Our most unprofitable year will be the year ended 31st May 2023 about to be released, that had the January splurge to avoid relegation .
Since May 2023 we have seen massive sales and salary reductions. So this year to 31st May 2024 is looking much better financially .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this could explain.
Our year end is 31st May .
We report 7 months after that December .
We are given 7 months in order to publish accurate historical records. Hence the lag.

Our most unprofitable year will be the year ended 31st May 2023 about to be released, that had the January splurge to avoid relegation .
Since May 2023 we have seen massive sales and salary reductions. So this year to 31st May 2024 is looking much better financially .
correct as we turned off the taps and needed to not breach FFP for 2023-24 (year end 31s May)

Profit of 18.1m 2020-21

We lost 46.1m in 21-22

its rumoured somewhere between a 60 to 75m loss 22-23

Obbviously for 23-24 we lost the 18.1m profit, so again are in need of a healthy small profit this year.

For 24-25 Next summer July1st onwards,

We will then have 60 to 75m 22-23 (Loss)

This years Profit

And therefore we have room to make purchases far greater as we have scope for a c 40m loss, i expect we will want to keep to maximum 25m loss, as they want to build a sustainable club

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its getting close and closer to this, although this week is suppose to be the week for movement prior to our brighton game monday.

I can’t imagine that we make no additions this window with us sending our two strikers on loan. It would just be a bad look for Hobbs and his team.

If we can’t get an instant impact 9 (which is looking less likely with Ekitike probably going to the Bundesliga and Ings staying at West Ham due to their injury issues), then I expect we will get “one for the future”.

If that can’t happen, then I think we sign a winger.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I can’t imagine that we make no additions this window with us sending our two strikers on loan. It would just be a bad look for Hobbs and his team.

If we can’t get an instant impact 9 (which is looking less likely with Ekitike probably going to the Bundesliga and Ings staying at West Ham due to their injury issues), then I expect we will get “one for the future”.

If that can’t happen, then I think we sign a winger.
Last few days we move, no worry

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could all just be Gomes agent at work , trying to get him a pay rise....

A pay rise he deserves if he isn’t one of the top 5/7 paid players at the club!

Major talent and a star in the making! Make him feel loved and pay him!

He clearly wants to be here and his passion for the badge is so inspiring to see, we need to reward players like him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly quiet regarding transfers for most teams at the moment. Maybe things will happen when clubs are certain where they stand regarding this next announcement about FFP.
still will be quieter due to 23-24 accounts, next year i expect a pick up again in business Thats July 1st onwards

Last edited:

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Starting to get slightly concerned over the lack of concrete rumours regarding incomings in recent days. Hopefully heats up after the Brentford game. Would be very happy with Little Lemina and Ekitike as the only acquistions. That's not a lot to ask for, is it?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent chunk of wages between those two… if we can offload Jonny as well, even better.

£100k+ in wages between those three would be over £2m between now and the end of the season!

I know but we shouldn't be in a position where we have to get rid of both of them before we sign a player on loan. Or, if we are, it's a tad concerning.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know but we shouldn't be in a position where we have to get rid of both of them before we sign a player on loan. Or, if we are, it's a tad concerning.
we are because we need a profit and we bought players like guedes etc on big wages, we also paid off JL and also had big staff wages, we have just renewed contracts like kilman and semedo(extension) on big wages

we want a profitable year so arent going to go out and spend an upfront fee on wages, shifting sasa and fabio who arent touching the squad to get a player make sense, means we are net neutral which is the idea.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GO doesn’t want to use them so we wanted them gone. Best to do it early rather than wait and have our pants pulled down by clubs wanting them on the cheap knowing we want rid.

Back
Top Bottom