Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for this to be said in his FIRST interview comes off as ungrateful.
Is this his first interview? Thought I'd read/seen him interviewed before.

I agree, he could acknowledge how well the club has brought him on from a chronic injury - after the club's (ie Lage's) stupidity IMV by keeping him on the pitch when injured - though by the same token I can think of some of our ex-players shut out of selection like him who would be far less diplomatic about it!

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup, Wolves go out of their way to get this guy a loan so he can get his pregnant partner settled and so he can get minutes to make the Austria Euros squad. And in his first interview he complains about how he was treated.

What a joke.
My god, are we that soft? I can't honestly believe this gets you heated.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would we spend that much cash on him anyway. Save the money and add a bit to it in the summer and bring in my boy, who actually has a history of scoring goals.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My god, are we that soft? I can't honestly believe this gets you heated.

Am I getting heated? Sasa has always seemed like a good guy, but in this scenario he comes off poorly.

Wolves have put themselves at risk of not getting a replacement striker, having allowed Sasa and his partner leave for their benefit. To make comments about how you were poorly treated by being underutilized after all that is in poor taste.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I getting heated? Sasa has always seemed like a good guy, but in this scenario he comes off poorly.

Wolves have put themselves at risk of not getting a replacement striker, having allowed Sasa and his partner leave for their benefit. To make comments about how you were poorly treated by being underutilized after all that is in poor taste.
No he doesn't come off poorly at all. He was asked a question and he answered. The only thing he said was he was not given a reason why he didn't get playing time and he wants to prove people wrong.

I can't imagine a scenario where he would speak poorly about the club in public. This is not speaking poorly.

I'd wager that's actually good for us too. He can prove us wrong and come back and make a difference or we can sell him for a profit. Seems good that he's hungry.

Obviously there would need to be differences in the structure. But there has to be something better than waiting years for FFP punishments.

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hes just stated what many of us felt,he was underused and only bought on with the hope he could get us a point in ten minutes
He hasnt slagged the club off at all just said he was never given a real reason for not playing
GON obviously thought he wasnt the answer, and there were better players to start,if that wasnt conveyed to the player then he has a right to say so,no big deal really

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto
Let’s hope he scores lots of goals and we get his book value back. I still don’t understand why the club did not wait until they got a replacement in before letting him leave. It doesn’t make any sense and leaves us in a vulnerable position if there are lots of injuries. Every other club would arrange a replacement first.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
I thought Sasa showed some decent control and hold up play, and clearly a tidy finisher. Not sure I buy into the view that he couldn’t work in our style of play. Been surprised that GON didn’t turn to him more. Ah well all immaterial now :)

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto
Let’s hope he scores lots of goals and we get his book value back. I still don’t understand why the club did not wait until they got a replacement in before letting him leave. It doesn’t make any sense and leaves us in a vulnerable position if there are lots of injuries. Every other club would arrange a replacement first.
Doom, gloom, same ole boring faces ready to moan at every turn.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought Sasa showed some decent control and hold up play, and clearly a tidy finisher. Not sure I buy into the view that he couldn’t work in our style of play. Been surprised that GON didn’t turn to him more. Ah well all immaterial now :)
Definitely doesn’t work in our style of play. Can’t run with the ball for starters.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why.......Bundesliga has better stadia , bigger crowds , better atmosphere at most stadia and the football is good standard...Oh and you can also drive your Porsche at 150 MPH without getting a ticket
Premier B league unless you’re playing for Bayern.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Celta interested in Jonny if Agustín Marchesín is sold.
He's already gone mate

Veteran goalkeeper Agustin Marchesin has terminated his contract with Celta Vigo by mutual consent, the club announced. Marchesin, whose contract with Celta was due to expire in the summer of 2025, is expected to join Brazilian club Gremio as a free agent.

Club announced it today/last night

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doom, gloom, same ole boring faces ready to moan at every turn.
Don't see it that way, tbh.
Think the poster was showing slight concern that two strikers had gone out and as yet there's been no replacement for at least one of them.
Personally, I think someone will come in but like every transfer these days it isn't straightforward as there's multiple parties around the negotiating table.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why.......Bundesliga has better stadia , bigger crowds , better atmosphere at most stadia and the football is good standard...Oh and you can also drive your Porsche at 150 MPH without getting a ticket
You can stick your porche up your Arsenal, over priced, over engineered junk.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lazy player who just wanted to sit on the bench and be paid for nothing.

Ooops, sorry; wrong thread.

Moaning min not happy to sit on the bench and be paid for doing nothing. Boooooh ...

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wiki has him having played 26 games at Reims and 26 games at PSG, 25 of them on loan from Reims. 3 goals in 26 appearances for PSG. Could be incorrect though.
i think his song should be to the tune of Abba's Chiquitita.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Ruben for £45m rather than £25m made a big difference. Nunes was bonus territory as I see it and to be honest seems to have been spent well.

As for the article, you only have to be 1p under to be clear of FFP issues so dangerously close is just hype.
i may be making 2+2 into 5 but part of me thinks Ruben chose saudi in an effort to save his beloved wolves

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Neil wants his strikers to press and be quick. Ekitike is far more mobile than Sasa ever was (and certainly ever will be with a twice reconstructed left knee).

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place has me in stitches every day :tearsofjoy:

So today we actually have grown adults kicking off because Kalajdzic dared to say he was disappointed at not being used more and the amazing thing here is that, umm, he wasn't used much so what Kalajdzic says is absolutely spot on.

And next we have a claim that if Ekitike goes to Germany it is an awful look for us??? In what ****ing world does it reflect badly on us?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa came over as quite intelligent and astute in that documentary series about his injury, however in this instance, he's proving exactly the opposite.
He didn't play, because he wasn't good enough. Did he want GON to spell that out for him! He wasn't good enough to oust Hwang, Neto or Cunha from the main striking roles; players who were scoring and creating and had Wolves up to 11th in the league, a position that exceeded most peoples' expectations.
When he came on, he didn't set the world alight. Yes, he scored a couple, including one off his shoulder at Everton, but he looked immobile, getting caught offside often and had no discernible pace, control or skill. His major attribute from what I saw, his heading ability, wasn't 'all that' and wasn't what was required , albeit that Wolves' crossing for the most part was poor.
Any way, Sasa won't be back, despite Hobbs' comments and he joins a long-list of strikers that Wolves has wasted money on.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa came over as quite intelligent and astute in that documentary series about his injury, however in this instance, he's proving exactly the opposite.
He didn't play, because he wasn't good enough. Did he want GON to spell that out for him! He wasn't good enough to oust Hwang, Neto or Cunha from the main striking roles; players who were scoring and creating and had Wolves up to 11th in the league, a position that exceeded most peoples' expectations.
When he came on, he didn't set the world alight. Yes, he scored a couple, including one off his shoulder at Everton, but he looked immobile, getting caught offside often and had no discernible pace, control or skill. His major attribute from what I saw, his heading ability, wasn't 'all that' and wasn't what was required , albeit that Wolves' crossing for the most part was poor.
Any way, Sasa won't be back, despite Hobbs' comments and he joins a long-list of strikers that Wolves has wasted money on.

Disagree on Sasa's " skills" ...... he definitely had good ball skills , he did lack pace and being tall doesn't automatically make you a good header of the ball.
Don't really see many peoples argument that we should have got a striker in before letting Silva and Sasa go, they weren't getting minutes anyway so there will be no discernible difference in the short term.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But they're third in the league with Ipswich faltering.

His goals are worth far more to them than £4m.

I think they keep him.
I don’t think we need to sign anyone but hey what do I know.

Nathan Fraser & Fletcher Holman are adequate cover until Hwang is back.

Opportunities from the bench will help them improve.

Buy a striker in the summer when we have more resources to do so.

We are dangerously close to FFP, is it worth the risk?

Last edited:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree on Sasa's " skills" ...... he definitely had good ball skills , he did lack pace and being tall doesn't automatically make you a good header of the ball.
Don't really see many peoples argument that we should have got a striker in before letting Silva and Sasa go, they weren't getting minutes anyway so there will be no discernible difference in the short term.
They weren't getting minutes partly due to Hwang's form. Hwang is now missing at the Asian Cup, so I'd argue, our need for getting a striker in is more important than ever, especially with the back-ups (Sasa and Silva) going out on loan. You may argue that Hwang only misses a few matches, but in football, momentum is huge, so lose the few that he misses, due to a paucity in front of goal and that could continue after he's back. A signing up-front, whether permanent or on loan is a necessity imo.

Back
Top Bottom