Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our better players ( and manager) will want to see progression from window to window, so hope we're active - even if the majority is lining up stuff for the Summer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
while i really rate him, i don’t see what he offers different to what we have, and i can’t see this being with a view to a permanent.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they want him for next year, so only concern is development for nothing

Probably may have been more likely had we been more desperate in position and need for squad depth. As it is now, a dry loan for him seems pointless.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably may have been more likely had we been more desperate in position and need for squad depth. As it is now, a dry loan for him seems pointless.
The only way a dry loan makes sense in this transfer window is if the club now has an eye on a European finish this season, in which case any loan that would make that more likely would be welcome.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Villarreal is interested in securing the signing of Gonçalo Guedes, according to the newspaper 'O Jogo'.

Another Spanish club and one from Saudi Arabia also want the 27-year-old winger, according to the same source.
The Portuguese international is on loan to Benfica, coming from Wolverhampton.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Villarreal is interested in securing the signing of Gonçalo Guedes, according to the newspaper 'O Jogo'.

Another Spanish club and one from Saudi Arabia also want the 27-year-old winger, according to the same source.
The Portuguese international is on loan to Benfica, coming from Wolverhampton.
Could be fantastic news, 15 to 20m would be a boost

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, Liverpool won’t consider an option for Carvalho. Their only requirement is game time (why they bought him back from Leipzig) which I don’t think we can guarantee.

Very decent player though.
Developing other team's players over your own with no chance to even buy them would make me very hesitant when it comes to 'dry' loans.

Unless they have the potential to come in, hit the ground running and make a significant difference, I'd be very wary.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the books are now balanced getting cash in for Guedes, Sasa, Podence and possibly Silva (even selling at losses) I think is the way to go. GON seems to be clearing the decks for the next intake of players who want to be here, which is very positive.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
brentford are rocking looking very **** at the moment really bad run of form they dont play forest to the 20th (massive game for them)

They will go full strength to try and get confidence

equally given we already know how to beat them and i expect bellegarde and neto to terrorise collins et al

I expect a win
Wrong thread mate.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Fabio has gone to Rangers and according to todays media:
Sasa going to Frankfurt
Guedes going to Saudi
Fraser going to Shrewsbury
Hwang going to Liverpool or Spurs
Neto going to Man City or Arsenal.

Incoming : Danny Ings.
:tearsofjoy:

dnf14

Reaction score

Last ditch effort by Gomes’ agent to get more for his client?
Original Record article
On loan to Estoril until the end of the season, Rodrigo Gomes has been one of the most prominent players in the Betclic League and his good performances are arousing the desire of several clubs in the main European championships. Among them is Wolverhampton, from England, as Record confirmed with agent Marcelo Cipriano.

"Wolves is one of the many clubs that contacted me, from the five major European championships, showing interest in Rodrigo, but I believe it is no surprise considering the excellent season he is having", said the agent, who referred to decisions about his future for the summer, especially because an early end of the loan to Estoril would always require compensation to the Canarians: "The important thing at this moment is for Rodrigo to be calm and continue doing what he has been doing on the field. That way, At the end of the season there will be no shortage of offers from good European clubs!"

Originally a winger, but increasingly asserting himself as a full-back, Rodrigo Gomes scored nine goals and six assists in 22 games, between Estoril and the under-21 team. These numbers explain why President António Salvador has already shown himself prepared to lose the player, protected by a 35 million euro release clause. "I believe that proposals will arrive for Rodrigo Gomes and he will leave without playing in the Sp. Braga main team", he said, in an interview with Canal 11.
No reference to a requirement to paying a release clause (just about every transfer story involving Portugal and Spain refer to a player's RC e.g. Palhinha and Nunes) and a complete misattribution of the end quote to Gomes' agent, look at the quotes in bold, the entire article is based on typical agent spiel when asked for a comment.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He owes us a bloody decent deal after some of the deals he's sent our way the last few years.
Neves and Nunes were both massive favours in a way. We had no right to get anywhere near what we did for Neves. Nunes we made money on AND got two decent looking players for peanuts. .

I'm not saying I don't want more, but Mendes has worked in our favour recently

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes as a player should have been exactly what we were looking for. An attacker who can play as a wide attacker or striker with about 66 goal contributions in 170 or so games in the Spanish top flight. Thats the kind of profile for a player we should have looked for but it should have set alarm bells off with him after we tried to sign him in the past and he didnt want to come. In hindsight, it was never working.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, £15-20m would represent an FFP loss at this stage so another loan would be more likely.

Once the summer arrives, we should be in a better position with regards FFP so we could take the loss on the books a lot easier then.

Any 'loss' suffered in January just reduces our capacity to spend in this window

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes as a player should have been exactly what we were looking for. An attacker who can play as a wide attacker or striker with about 66 goal contributions in 170 or so games in the Spanish top flight. Thats the kind of profile for a player we should have looked for but it should have set alarm bells off with him after we tried to sign him in the past and he didnt want to come. In hindsight, it was never working.
In hindsight the man had the balls the size of peas, the bloke has no fight in him, no desire, gave up at the first sign of trouble and has continued that theme throughout his moves since. Good riddance, waste of a career.

Back
Top Bottom