Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made a massive mistake not going all out for Gyokeres in the summer. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake with other talent that are clearly far too good for the Championship.

Hopefully we go back in for Jonathan Rowe. If we're priced out of that move, I'd love Willy Gnonto, assuming Leeds wouldn't entertain bids for Summerville.

If Chelsea go for a striker in January, I'd take Armando Broja.
We didn't have the money at the time for gyokeres.....we was in the middle of selling the kitchen sink for FFP...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maxwell Cornet could be worth an ask at West ham.....granted he has just returned from injury but would make great cover for Rayan while he is at the AFCON and then give us another forward option once he returns...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maxwell Cornet could be worth an ask at West ham.....granted he has just returned from injury but would make great cover for Rayan while he is at the AFCON and then give us another forward option once he returns...
Yeah, and what happened with that Jota who was at Celtic but moved to Saudi and instantly seemed to be un wanted? He looked good.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Putting 2+2 together (and undoubtedly / hopefully making 5), given we have little money to spend and are probably looking for a low-cost option to provide short-term cover whilst Hwang is away and a different option off the bench when he is back…

…Kieffer Moore?

Not getting minutes at Bournemouth, played relatively regularly under O’Neil and was on our radar before we signed Sasa.

Wouldn’t be my choice and not sure there would be any logic in getting rid of one big centre forward only to replace him with another but he is very good in the air and does press from the front.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try again for that lad at PSG ? or Arsenals young striker ?
Also might seem like a strange idea, but I do think Dier (29 yrs old) at Spurs who's been told he can leave would be good for 6 months.
Good cover at back with Dawson getting on a bit and maybe a try before signs. A bit of experience and also maybe a new surrounding might do him good.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, and what happened with that Jota who was at Celtic but moved to Saudi and instantly seemed to be un wanted? He looked good.

It’s complicated!

But he’s the kind of winger I’d not be surprised to see us sign.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting 2+2 together (and undoubtedly / hopefully making 5), given we have little money to spend and are probably looking for a low-cost option to provide short-term cover whilst Hwang is away and a different option off the bench when he is back…

…Kieffer Moore?

Not getting minutes at Bournemouth, played relatively regularly under O’Neil and was on our radar before we signed Sasa.

Wouldn’t be my choice and not sure there would be any logic in getting rid of one big centre forward only to replace him with another but he is very good in the air and does press from the front.
If we have solved our FFP problems and have spent 4 months scouring the world for options for forwards , to let Fabio and Saza go and then bring in Kieffer Moore, then any optimism I have built up over the last couple of months will disappear very quickly...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't have the money at the time for gyokeres.....we was in the middle of selling the kitchen sink for FFP...
Wasn't the rumour that we made a bid that didn't meet Coventry's valuation? I was desperate for us to get him in the summer! Some player...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we have solved our FFP problems and have spent 4 months scouring the world for options for forwards , to let Fabio and Saza go and then bring in Kieffer Moore, then any optimism I have built up over the last couple of months will disappear very quickly...

Oh, I agree. Just trying (and struggling) to think of cheap, potentially available strikers. I don’t think we have the money to buy someone who replaces Cunha or Hwang so will probably be looking for experienced back-up who can tie us over until the Summer, when hopefully we have some more flexibility financially.

Him and Che Adams were the ones that immediately sprung to mind knowing they have both been on our radar relatively recently.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised as I’m sure we have someone lined up to have let Fabio (and probably Sasa) go.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven't solved the FFP issues for this season/January. However we are fine in the Summer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. Just trying (and struggling) to think of cheap, potentially available strikers. I don’t think we have the money to buy someone who replaces Cunha or Hwang so will probably be looking for experienced back-up who can tie us over until the Summer, when hopefully we have some more flexibility financially.

Him and Che Adams were the ones that immediately sprung to mind knowing they have both been on our radar relatively recently.

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised as I’m sure we have someone lined up to have let Fabio (and probably Sasa) go.
I would expect us to have looked at a few loan obligation or options....the early signs suggest as we are moving a couple out , then hopefully we may have a chance or be it on loan to bring a couple in.....

If we couldn't buy or get anybody because of FFP you would have expected us to say , we probably won't do any business in or out .....which none of would like but understand to a point.....

We ain't moving Fabio and Saza out to bring the likes of Che Adams or Kieffer Moore in surely.....that would surely just be chucking money down the drain....we ain't that bad or desperate that we need them....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tired&Emotional

Groupie
Reaction score
Try again for that lad at PSG ? or Arsenals young striker ?
Also might seem like a strange idea, but I do think Dier (29 yrs old) at Spurs who's been told he can leave would be good for 6 months.
Good cover at back with Dawson getting on a bit and maybe a try before signs. A bit of experience and also maybe a new surrounding might do him good.
Only my opinion (obviously) but Dier is an appalling footballer. How he has been in an England squad - let alone a starter - is almost unbelievable. He is ridiculously slow in body and mind. For me, he'd be fortunate to be our fifth choice centre back.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mohamed Amoura has very concrete touches with Lyon and Wolverhampton for deal this winter. Other clubs have inquired but more for this summer. I see him finishing his season with USG (15 goals in 22 matches). Before all that, there is a CAN to play with #Algérie . #Mercato

He's already played for two clubs this season cant remember the ruling on that

wyrley wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only my opinion (obviously) but Dier is an appalling footballer. How he has been in an England squad - let alone a starter - is almost unbelievable. He is ridiculously slow in body and mind. For me, he'd be fortunate to be our fifth choice centre back.
Paupers, Harry Maguire!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Regarding Kieffer Moore, would you be concerned if that's the profile of striker O'Neil is wanting over what's already here?

Think Che Adams is a decent shout though, a kind of 'bustling' striker with strength and mobility

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did wonder about Amoura potentially being who we’ve lined up as neto’s replacement for next season?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding Kieffer Moore, would you be concerned if that's the profile of striker O'Neil is wanting over what's already here?

Think Che Adams is a decent shout though, a kind of 'bustling' striker with strength and mobility
I still would not be overly shocked with a stop gap loan and option for Adams ? Or Brownhill coming in and Traore going out on loan for the rest of the season, and perhaps even next? Could be worth us keeping Mosquera around till the summer (loan next season perhaps) and then focusing perhaps on bringing in quality then when we have more cash to spend, prices are better and more players are available e.g. Amoura, Danso and Dia potentially? If Sa were to fetch big money from Saudi in Jan we’d perhaps be more likely to see some serious incoming movement in Jan maybe on top of a new GK?

Wonder if we can wangle a few loans with obligations/options though?

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Che adams, I see sense in getting. I did in the summer and with how GON plays, he makes a lot of sense.

But Keifer Moore….. he is crap! A worse player than Sasa! To trade sasa for Moore is moronic!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che adams, I see sense in getting. I did in the summer and with how GON plays, he makes a lot of sense.

But Keifer Moore….. he is crap! A worse player than Sasa! To trade sasa for Moore is moronic!
no one is actually saying there’s truth in it, so calm yourself ;) it would be mental!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll sign Che. Nearly happened inbl the summer and he's getting very little minutes now which to me suggests he's got a deal in place somewhere.
Suggest Southampton think he is **** ..

We aye in threat of getting relegated, we don't need players like Che Adams....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom