Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know nothing about Dia to be honest but if he's the one we've identified then hopefully we can get him in quickly. Interestingly, one of the players he is similar to, according to FBREF, is Matheus Cunha (Boulaye Dia Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com).

Get him and Reiss Nelson in early doors and that's us done until summer.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know nothing about Dia to be honest but if he's the one we've identified then hopefully we can get him in quickly. Interestingly, one of the players he is similar to, according to FBREF, is Matheus Cunha (Boulaye Dia Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com).

Get him and Reiss Nelson in early doors and that's us done until summer.
Totally agree....if you had asked me 6 weeks ago I was desperate for a wide forward, winger type....but with Sarabia finding form , Neto back and to a point bellegarde and Rayan being options out wide, it may not be such a necessity...

But it imperative we get someone to cover hwang and Cunha , because Saza isn't that man at all ...we need another player similar to what we have for numbers and that's Bouleye Dia......(at a push last minute back up plan Che Adams).....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But again he could be at afcon
Am told we trying to get Dia on loan. Hoping the player forces the move, lowering the fee potentially. Could be the long game on this one, with ACON starting soon

Arsenal want assurances over loaning us Nelson that he will play most games. Stumbling block early on this one

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All is going well .
Thats when we will see if Fosun are gradual builders or knee jerkers like last January.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am told we trying to get Dia on loan. Hoping the player forces the move, lowering the fee potentially. Could be the long game on this one, with ACON starting soon

Arsenal want assurances over loaning us Nelson that he will play most games. Stumbling block early on this one
Paper talk of Arsenal wanting Neto just wondered if this was the first step with the Nelson loan being talked about.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Jon Rowe Norwich. Handy and hardworking striker
Jaden Philogene Hull. Neto but left sided
Taylor Harwood Bellis Man City @ Southampton. Dawson replacement
Sam Iling Juventus ( one for the future )

all English, all young, if not now then in the summer
there are some gems in England U21 squad. Look who was in the last team that won the Euros, most now PL starters

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

****ty way to do business that and I’d expect better from us.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paper talk of Arsenal wanting Neto just wondered if this was the first step with the Nelson loan being talked about.
Arsenal have to offload before buying and let me tell you Neto will not be sold for under €70m

****ty way to do business that and I’d expect better from us.
We are just happy to let it take its cause and hopefully turn his head again.

Wouldn’t read too much into it. Big summer ahead. Losing too many key players would be a disaster

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, if say Arsenal knock on the door with £70 million I think we'd sell. The club have seen what happens from holding on to players too long (Adama cough, cough)
Don’t think Liverpool or City who wanted him at the time would of ever offered over 40m I think we all know Neto has an end product and is levels above Adama Traore. The Mudryk fee has set a precedent for explosive wingers…

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal have to offload before buying and let me tell you Neto will not be sold for under €70m

We are just happy to let it take its cause and hopefully turn his head again.

Wouldn’t read too much into it. Big summer ahead. Losing too many key players would be a disaster
Suppose how much they value Nelson as a make weight in any deal to get round FFP. I don't see Neto being sold mid season more likely summer if he wanted to leave.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suppose how much they value Nelson as a make weight in any deal to get round FFP. I don't see Neto being sold mid season more likely summer if he wanted to leave.
He’s not worth that much 15m at the most.

Arsenal fans seem to think he’s good just not good enough for them… Iv heard that line many times before over the years.

As you’ve said any big transfers I expect to be done in the summer. Therefore helping the following season in terms of FFP & sustainability rules

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we aren't getting £70mill for him so this is all hypothetical. £50m more realistic.
We sold Jota for 40m about 4 years ago I think inflation has risen. Mudryk fee has set the precedent on Neto.

How is it brighton can demand ridiculous fees of 100m for a one season wonder yet Neto is only worth half?? Doesn’t add up

Neto’s assists add to the fee also.

Best situation we can hope for is a bidding war starts, which includes brain dead chelsea

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals in 15 games. Would cost a pretty figure

He certainly would but young and fits the mould we need. Won't happen as we don't have the funds.

I expect a loan with obligation for dia might

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No brainer to enquire into getting nelson tbh. Provides cover and competition

Rewatched presser after Everton.gon specifically said that he believes that the plan with the club for next season is going well and financially we will have option and things to do.

His aim and target was just to remain in the league

He now wants to push players to high as they can go

But perhaps positive for summer window

Back
Top Bottom