Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
I knew Fosun were strapped for cash but at least buy Matt Hobbs some carpet ffs.
Apparently they are looking at the carpet loan market, but are struggling to find suitable options. Some Blue and White striped ragged carpets available, but they are looking for something better...

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they are looking at the carpet loan market, but are struggling to find suitable options. Some Blue and White striped ragged carpets available, but they are looking for something better...
I knew they had 6 fingers but are you saying that the poor darlings also have piles?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i expect a full preason under gon in summer and a reshuffle in regard to personnel and new signings will lead us to a 4-2-3-1 with cunha in a number 10
Need a faster CB for that. Kilman and Dawson are too slow if partnered together.

I also think if we went 4ATB, it would be to fit in our 3 midfielders.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa signing Morgan Rogers from Boro for £15m. Boro bought him from City in the summer for £1m, so there is a 25% sell on fee to City. Still a good profit on only 6 months, for a player whose head had clearly been turned after Villa’s initial approach.

Boro fan I know is absolutely confused by it, in his own world, he's not exactly been great, and isn't a first choice when all are fit. They're surprised.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i expect a full preason under gon in summer and a reshuffle in regard to personnel and new signings will lead us to a 4-2-3-1 with cunha in a number 10
I think the ability to use that as a credible option would be very welcome.

The fact is the current system has been working an absolute treat for a substantial period now. It would be silly to bin it entirely.

As Dawson ages out of effectiveness, perhaps. I wonder what Santi Bueno would look like in a back four with Kilman...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the ability to use that as a credible option would be very welcome.

The fact is the current system has been working an absolute treat for a substantial period now. It would be silly to bin it entirely.

As Dawson ages out of effectiveness, perhaps. I wonder what Santi Bueno would look like in a back four with Kilman...
it would be a mosquera or a gomes someone with pace

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
The lemina deal looks like a bit of compassion between wolves and psg for the young lad having lost his dad recently. Mario can look after him while he still is making his way at a very good standard.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and probably coming up with 5 but wouldn't be shocked if we get Ekitike in aswell as the psg appear to be desperate too offload him this window and we are probably on good terms with psg

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope not. We have a nice balance now. Our wing backs are poor full backs. Our centre backs struggle in a four but excel in a five. Cunha doesn't need a fixed position IMO, he enjoys that free roaming role he has now.

I don't think the back five limits us, given how expansive we've been under GON with it, with the level of pressing and wide centre backs sitting high.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lemina deal looks like a bit of compassion between wolves and psg for the young lad having lost his dad recently. Mario can look after him while he still is making his way at a very good standard.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together and probably coming up with 5 but wouldn't be shocked if we get Ekitike in aswell as the psg appear to be desperate too offload him this window and we are probably on good terms with psg
I always hoped or thought that Noah and Etikike was part of a double deal....my hope is now there seems to be a sudden change with Noah , as we thought he wasn't coming that hopefully there maybe a sudden change and Etikike may happen...

The one thing we can guarantee is at least there has been recent contact between us and PSG.....like there obviously was at the start of the window.......let's hope mendes influence will also come good....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope not. We have a nice balance now. Our wing backs are poor full backs. Our centre backs struggle in a four but excel in a five. Cunha doesn't need a fixed position IMO, he enjoys that free roaming role he has now.

I don't think the back five limits us, given how expansive we've been under GON with it, with the level of pressing and wide centre backs sitting high.
Agree. We have a good system now suited to the players we have. Look to build on that. I do not get the back 4 obsession. We’d need to rip out half of the team.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we are selling Neto in the summer I would far rather he went to PSG than another EPL side. If we can offer them first dibs on the summer for Ektike now at a price we’re happy with then that seems a good deal.

Also think the Lemina deal is good as not too much and Mario has impressed me immensely since he arrived whereas before then I really wasn’t sure. If having his brother around helps Mario then it’s worth the investment alone but the You Tube bits seem to suggest that Noah is a tidy player and may be a longer term replacement for Pedro with JRB doing that role shorter term

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think its inevitable tbh, for financial reasons and perhaps the players own wish as well (CL involvement?).

I would love him to stay but think it will be out of our hands unfortunately, as much as we sing his name from the terraces.
As I just said to SBK I don't want to envision him going!:confused:

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
I believe that Hobbs carpet was sold for big money in the Summer to a Saudi buyer, it helped pay for the fire place and balance the books.

Rumours that Newcastle are now looking at loaning it back are so far unfounded.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that Hobbs carpet was sold for big money in the Summer to a Saudi buyer, it helped pay for the fire place and balance the books.

Rumours that Newcastle are now looking at loaning it back are so far unfounded.
Flying carpets?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we fail to bring in a striker then it's poor, O'Neil clearly doesn't think Fraser is ready either or he'd have given him cameos.
Gary will fall out with the hierarchy over transfers at some point; I can sense his frustration building over the lack of a forward and we're near the end of the window. And don't expect him to have a solid kitty in the Summer either; it will be sell to buy again, and so the departures of Neto and perhaps Kilman will have to take place first. People have bought into the idea that we will be free to spend.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be disappointed if we can’t bring in a forward as much as if we don’t.
I would also say that it’s not a 9 per se, but another forward that understands how we play.
Tbh having watched Newport v Utd I'd put a cheapish offer in for their no 9, Evans. He is a real no 9, a proper striker and has loads of goals in lg 2 this season. If there is no one else I don't think it's too much of a gamble.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gary will fall out with the hierarchy over transfers at some point; I can sense his frustration building over the lack of a forward and we're near the end of the window. And don't expect him to have a solid kitty in the Summer either; it will be sell to buy again, and so the departures of Neto and perhaps Kilman will have to take place first. People have bought into the idea that we will be free to spend.
Totally possible. I do think he will be the Wolves coach for the 24/25 campaign, though. He finishes this campaign well and has another good season next season and he will be one of the hottest managers in England if not Europe.

For all that, though, I think he could also do a David Moyes with Everton and be at Wolves for a long while. He's 16 years younger than Postecoglu, for instance, who I would say is in his prime as a manager. Time is on his side, and this position has its flaws but also its significant boons. There aren't many better jobs for a guy in his position.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boro fan I know is absolutely confused by it, in his own world, he's not exactly been great, and isn't a first choice when all are fit. They're surprised.

That’s partly why I said it was good business. You’re right, according to my daughter (works at Boro) he was purchased more as a development player and got more game time than expected due to their terrible injuries in recent months. He’s done well, but that’s a lot of money for a player unproven in the PL, and with less than half a season in the Champ.

Back
Top Bottom