Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jan 2012 Transfer Window - Happy or not?

Are you happy with our Jan 2012 transfer window signings?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • No.

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
A straight question, we've brought in Frimpong, Jonsson and now Bassong.

Light of what everyone else has done are you happy with that business?

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. We should have got a left back, a striker and never should have got Eggbut in the first place.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lacking in midfield and should have signed Keane apart from that we made the best two loan signings compared to all our rivals

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. We're papering over the cracks with the loan signings. Will be interesting to see their commitment to cause.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In between, I think we're two signings short; competition for Ohara and A pacey ST.

Wasted Money on Jonsson, a pointless signing.

Happy with both Bassong & Frimpong, are there any more ongs out there?
Two quality players that are certainly a step up from what we've got although both are only on loan.

SouthBankHobbs

Reaction score
It's just hit me that we have three senior strikers to call on. So if we were to go 442 or get an injury then it would be down to one on the bench?!? How can we leave ourselves that short? As for letting Guediora leave and signing eggy....madness!

D

Deleted member 3518

Whoever scouted and sanctioned the signing of Jonsson should be sacked!

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I voted yes. Purely on the basis that in comparison to the other teams around us (minus qpr who are throwing money at anything). The others haven't significantly strengthened (bburn, wigan) or have lost key players (Bolton).
A lot will also depend on how well a lot of QPRs signings fare. Cisse has scored 2 all season and none since sept and machedas similar.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A striker short of being a great window.

As it is Frimpong and Bassong = a good window.

There will always be those who wanted 6 new players.

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
In between, I think we're two signings short; competition for Ohara and A pacey ST.

Happy with both Bassong & Frimpong, are there any more ongs out there?
Two quality players that are certainly a step up from what we've got although both are only on loan.

Also agree with these two sentiments....

S

Sandwell Wolf

Jury still out on the Egg but anyone who thinks Bassong and Frimpong aren't good signings needs to clear off from Wolverhampton Wanderers and go and support Man City because they are the best kind of players we will be attracting until we get bought out by Arabs or Sir Jack Mk2 comes in.

This loan signing tonight was definitely a silver lining to a cloudy day. Things will get better, keep the faith.

Reaction score
Jonnson looks an odd one but Frimpong & Bassong are good players, so overall, compared to our rivals (apart from QPR, who no-one could match) I am, yeah. Obviously could be happier but not done terribly.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Content. We've improved the spine of our team but will be back to square one in the summer (though I reckon there is a realistic chance of signing Bassong permanently). Still room for improvement and I'm surprised we didn't sign a striker considering we've now only got three - which is quite unusual for us!

E

EdwardLoxdale

Good window. Two players I am sure any of our rivals would love. Frimpong and Bassong will help keep us up.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good window. Two players I am sure any of our rivals would love. Frimpong and Bassong will help keep us up.

You are so far up Mick's backside it's unbelievable.

It has been an unsatisfactory window. We are a striker and a left back (possibly) short. Oh, and I see that you conveniently forget to mention Eggert Jonsson!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andyc225

Cracks papered over and Polyfilled, we're ready to begin the long slog towards safety.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owing by the fact that I'd be annoyed if any other club had signed Frimpong & Bassong on loan: yes, yes I am.

We'll need to win back to back games sometime very very soon for it to matter though.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could have got Bassong in earlier i'd be happier

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
You are so far up Mick's $$$$ it's unbelievable.

It has been an unsatisfactory window. We are a striker and a left back (possibly) short. Oh, and I see that you conveniently forget to mention Eggert Jonsson!

And your so against everything mick at the minute it's unbelievable. Your not telling me you'd swap our dealings this window for any of our rivals (minus qpr). Stop moaning (I know it's disappointing but were stick with what we have now) and $$$$ing get behind the team. Man the $$$$ up!!

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And your so against everything mick at the minute it's unbelievable. Your not telling me you'd swap our dealings this window for any of our rivals (minus qpr). Stop moaning (I know it's disappointing but were stick with what we have now) and $$$$ing get behind the team. Man the $$$$ up!!

If we stay up I will give everyone in my street a £20 note.

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Maybe we will... Maybe we won't. We'll all be gutted, annoyed, upset, angry blah blah blah if we are. But Jesus. The way you moan it's like we're down already. And don't know about you. But until we are mathematically down I ain't gonna moan. Because it helps nothing or nobody. Get behind the team and the manager. You might not like him, but you never know, it might just help?!
I'm not saying I'm overjoyed or happy where we are. Course I'm not. I'm $$$$ed off. In my opinion we have a 1st 11 who are of mid table standard. So, to my calculations were not bcus of two things. The manager or the players. It's probably both. But you moaning like a $$$$ing girl all the time helps no-one.
Rant over!!
P.s you never replied to the original question. Would you swap our dealings with any of our rivals? (minus qpr)

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we will... Maybe we won't. We'll all be gutted, annoyed, upset, angry blah blah blah if we are. But Jesus. The way you moan it's like we're down already. And don't know about you. But until we are mathematically down I ain't gonna moan. Because it helps nothing or nobody. Get behind the team and the manager. You might not like him, but you never know, it might just help?!
I'm not saying I'm overjoyed or happy where we are. Course I'm not. I'm $$$$ed off. In my opinion we have a 1st 11 who are of mid table standard. So, to my calculations were not bcus of two things. The manager or the players. It's probably both. But you moaning like a $$$$ing girl all the time helps no-one.
Rant over!!

What the hell do you expect me to do??? Start singing Hail Hail Mick McCarthy???

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Nope. Course not, you have your reasons for not liking him. I have a few myself nowadays. As does everyone, with good reason as I've suggested.
But like I said, instead of having a moan (and I'm guessing a chant and boo) in his direction just keep quiet, or even better, sing and supper the team?
You may not boo, and of course at games everyone gets frustrated. But I don't think I've seen a positive post from you in months. Think I finally snapped!!
Just saying. And you still ain't answered my question, I edited the previous one....

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope. Course not, you have your reasons for not liking him. I have a few myself nowadays. As does everyone, with good reason as I've suggested.
But like I said, instead of having a moan (and I'm guessing a chant and boo) in his direction just keep quiet, or even better, sing and supper the team?
You may not boo, and of course at games everyone gets frustrated. But I don't think I've seen a positive post from you in months. Think I finally snapped!!
Just saying. And you still ain't answered my question, I edited the previous one....

Stalker :D :wavey:

I'm just disillusioned, annoyed, depressed and God knows what else..

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Stalker :D :wavey:

I'm just $$$$ed off, disillusioned, annoyed, depressed and God knows what else..

$$$$e. Can you see my through the window? :wavey:

Think everyone is!! But..... I still think we'll scrape it and stay up. This 'happy clapper' is far from happy. But I'll carry on clapping and supporting the manager and his team whilst he's in charge. Come on the wolves!!

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$$$$e. Can you see my through the window? :wavey:

Think everyone is!! But..... I still think we'll scrape it and stay up. This 'happy clapper' is far from happy. But I'll carry on clapping and supporting the manager and his team whilst he's in charge. Come on the wolves!!

Fair enough.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Well pleased that Crawley have signed Karl Hawley. That would be like us replacing Mick with Wolfgang Wolf.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bassong and Frimpong appear two quality signings and with Kightly and Ohara back soon we still have a chance but it's getting smaller. Wins are what matter now. I think we need two very quickly, the next two would be great!

M

MonkeySpanner

I wasn't until the news that Bassong was coming in. Our problems in my view lie not in our attack but central defense and creativity in midfield.

Tightening up at the back with Bassong and The quality of Frimpong, hopefully bringing out the best in O'Hara again should not only see some goals from midfield which has been lacking for the past three years but also add service to our strikers. Fletcher we know can score but maybe, just maybe it will spark something in EB and Doyle.

B

BlackBully

How the hell can anyone be happy with the transfer dealings? Eggert - well WTF? That's all I'll say about him, what a bloody waste of money.

Frimpong - decent and ditto Bassong but bear this in mind. They are both loans, not permanent signings which points to the (lack of) ambition. Also, we've been utter dog $$$$ for months now, tonight's defeat was no surprise. I was expecting (well, hoping really) a flurry of activity at the start of January. If Morgan had set his heart on keeping Mick (which he has) and was serious about keeping us in the division then the complacency shown in the summer could've been somewhat negated by getting the required quality in right near the opening of the window. It's been obvious for months that the team was in no way good enough, the management should've earmarked their targets, spoken to the players and clubs and got them in weeks ago. They are not blind or stupid enough to really believe that just adding Frimpong was going to be enough.

I hope Bassong can make the difference to a horribly porous defence but I see it as too little too late. For all Ward's good work I don't think he's what we need when you consider how poor the rest of the defence is. Maybe in a solid defence his attacking threats would be an asset and what if he get's injured too? Elokobi? Dear God, we are not good enough.

Remember also that we've shipped out 3 players and so that wage bill has come down. And while I'm at it where has the 'ringfenced' money for the Steve Bull gone? The same place as the £6m profits? I'll tell you where it HASN'T gone and that's on the team. I'm so utterly $$$$ed off with the state of affairs at Molineux right now it's untrue. Morgan's not done enough (financially or decisions-wise regarding Mick), Moxey has been instrumental in failing time and time again to negotiate transfers/wages for quality players whilst simultaneously milking every last penny out of the fans and Mick seems unable to build a team that's any better than relegation fodder.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bassong I think it makes it into a good transfer window . But I voted no because it blatantly obvious to anyone with a quarter of a brain that we need backup to Fletcher. Imagine if Fletch is injured for six games [like Doyle was last year]. Can't see any goals coming from Doyle or SEB on their own up front. We know already that SEB and Doyle can't play together [even if we were foolish enough to try 4-4-2 again.

N

nobull

It's just hit me that we have three senior strikers to call on. So if we were to go 442 or get an injury then it would be down to one on the bench?!? How can we leave ourselves that short? As for letting Guediora leave and signing eggy....madness!

Agreed 100% I remember the impact Geudiora had against Spurs on his home debut.....................Eggy has not impressed he looks one paced, lacks strength and even his short passes were poor. If i was Morgan i would review his file and get rid of anyone involved he is no more a premiership footballer than me.

Still cannot believe that performance.

R

Rocky_Balllboa

The 2 loans are good signings, Eggert, cheap, looks at best average, in fact he may not make the 18 if all are fit. We loaned out/sold to cover a % of the wages for the loanee.

No I'm no happy, we have no creativity in midfield and no pace up front.

Morgan has left the club to their fate as he builds houses

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two excellent loan signings and one for the future in Jonsson.

Glad we let the likes of Gued and Doherty go on loan too.

Be interesting to see where Bassong
fits in.

Think we are a striker short

Happy rather than over the moon

B

bridgnorthwolf

I'm happy.

Would have really liked to have seen a pacy striker to come in to make a difference from the bench. Lovenkrands on loan would have done. That's the only disappointment. Bassong was a real quality signing I didn't expect.

Inky

Reaction score
How the hell can anyone be happy with the transfer dealings? Eggert - well WTF? That's all I'll say about him, what a bloody waste of money.

Frimpong - decent and ditto Bassong but bear this in mind. They are both loans, not permanent signings which points to the (lack of) ambition. Also, we've been utter dog $$$$ for months now, tonight's defeat was no surprise. I was expecting (well, hoping really) a flurry of activity at the start of January. If Morgan had set his heart on keeping Mick (which he has) and was serious about keeping us in the division then the complacency shown in the summer could've been somewhat negated by getting the required quality in right near the opening of the window. It's been obvious for months that the team was in no way good enough, the management should've earmarked their targets, spoken to the players and clubs and got them in weeks ago. They are not blind or stupid enough to really believe that just adding Frimpong was going to be enough.

I hope Bassong can make the difference to a horribly porous defence but I see it as too little too late. For all Ward's good work I don't think he's what we need when you consider how poor the rest of the defence is. Maybe in a solid defence his attacking threats would be an asset and what if he get's injured too? Elokobi? Dear God, we are not good enough.

Remember also that we've shipped out 3 players and so that wage bill has come down. And while I'm at it where has the 'ringfenced' money for the Steve Bull gone? The same place as the £6m profits? I'll tell you where it HASN'T gone and that's on the team. I'm so utterly $$$$ed off with the state of affairs at Molineux right now it's untrue. Morgan's not done enough (financially or decisions-wise regarding Mick), Moxey has been instrumental in failing time and time again to negotiate transfers/wages for quality players whilst simultaneously milking every last penny out of the fans and Mick seems unable to build a team that's any better than relegation fodder.
+1 :congrats:

Back
Top Bottom