Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jack Price My new hero

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a small world
I've had a plumber doing some work in my house now for almost 2 weeks
He is a Liverpool fan from Shrewsbury and big friends with Jack Price
Obviously we have been talking football a lot as he can see photos, pictures in my house lots of player photos etc in my sons bedroom as well as a door plaque on my front door (Wolves fan lives here)
He said yesterday he had a word with Jack and Jack said he would get something to give to my son
Anyway today the plumber presented to my son from Jack Price one of Jacks shirts from his last season with us with a personal message and signed
If that wasn't more than enough Jack also gave him a pair of Nike boots with his Wolves training peg number on them that he has played games in.
I gave the plumber a photo of my son when he was mascot at Notts Forest away 2/3 seasons ago standing next to Jack Price on the pitch minutes before kick off
My son was looking up at Jack and smiling because one of the other Wolves players swore and Jack said stop the swearing lads there a little lad with us hence the little chuckle from my lad
The plumber sent it to Jack and he told the plumber he remembers that
What a small world, unbelievable
I always liked Jack Price when he was with us, he's now my hero
Thanks Jack you are a star

MattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Such a nice gesture. I met him in Shrewsbury on a night out the season we got promoted from league one. I thanked him for his efforts and he took me to the bar and bought me and all my mates a round of drinks. He seemed a very genuine chap and overall a very nice guy!

E

Edgmond Wolf

What a small world
Obviously we have been talking football a lot as he can see photos, pictures in my house lots of player photos etc in my sons bedroom as well as a door plaque on my front door (Wolves fan lives here)
He said yesterday he had a word with Jack and Jack said he would get something to give to my son
Anyway today the plumber presented to my son from Jack Price one of Jacks shirts from his last season with us with a personal message and signed
If that wasn't more than enough Jack also gave him a pair of Nike boots with his Wolves training peg number on them that he has played games in.
I gave the plumber a photo of my son when he was mascot at Notts Forest away 2/3 seasons ago standing next to Jack Price on the pitch minutes before kick off
My son was looking up at Jack and smiling because one of the other Wolves players swore and Jack said stop the swearing lads there a little lad with us hence the little chuckle from my lad
Nice one mate
Can you mention to Jack...I like Lucozade ;)

gewolf

Reaction score
What a great story! It goes to show that the best players and the nicest guys aren't always the same people.

I want him to come back in some training capacity now - I just hope he has the ability to develop that. We must be a special club considering the number of ex players we have around already - from Bully for the last goodness how many years to Kevin Foley just this past week.

W

wolvesultra

Met Jacks sisters at a festival once we shared tears at the thought of Jacks time at Wolves ending (was the time Jackett had sent him out on loan for the 2nd time). I was off my tits on MDMA so over emotional but it showed the genuine love of Wolves from the Price family.

In all seriousness though it really did paint him in a great light loved playing for Wolves but yet when I questioned Jacketts decision they told me Jack would still not had a word said against him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great story Ercall. I’ve got a similar story in that last season I was with a builder and I mentioned that my daughter loved Jack Price and that he was her favourite player coming up from the first division. Then received a present for her on Christmas Day which was a signed Jack Price shirt from one of his last games he played at Wolves. Proudly framed and on her wall.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price was great on the recent Old Gold Club podcast. He was honest enough to admit he wasn't good enough for Wolves for where they wanted to go, and it sounds like he's having a great time in the USA.

Being a nice chap also went against him in some ways as he admitted he should have put more pressure on the manager to play him. In some ways football is a team game, and in other ways it's a dog eat dog world.

I can see him being a good youth team coach in the future as he plays passing football and he seems to have the right temperament.

D

Deleted member 4453

Always liked him as a player, even got him printed on the Blue Silverbug Away shirt.

Was great seeing him on the pitch against Chelsea, even if his interview wasn't lengthy. Will definetly listen to OG Podcast at some point.

Realises how valuable something like this is to not just a fan but a young lad aswell. Good on him!

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always really annoyed me when people referred to him as "limited". I think he's a terrific footballer and frankly a little lost to our game being out in the USA, he could certainly do a great job for a team pushing for promotion from the Championship. He was dynamite with KMac until the forward line was decimated and we started playing attritional football.

gewolf

Reaction score
Jack Price aka the Shrewsbury Pirlo a top man, always welcome back to Molineux.
'The Shrewsbury Pirlo' is POSSIBLY pushing it a bit surely?? :) I agree with the rest though.

tf7

Reaction score
'The Shrewsbury Pirlo' is POSSIBLY pushing it a bit surely?? :) I agree with the rest though.
That's what I picked up on Twitter ? Hence the comment, I'm sure a Shrewsbury based fan could verify the nickname ?

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Jack Price. Although it was the right move at the time, I was still sad to see him go.

He's a good footballer and he always gives 100%. It's a shame he went to America because he's easily good enough for a Championship club - and he could have really stood out at the SPL.

He still loves the club and he often comments about us on Twitter. He's always had a sensible, mature head on his shoulders for his age - and when the day comes where he hangs up his boots, I can see him having a superb career as a coach.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is nice at Christmas time to come across a heart warming story and my ****les have definitely been warmed by Jack's behaviour.

W

WolfOfWellington

What a small world

Bloody brilliant!

E

Elv

Long time reader, first time poster.
Decided to break my silence because this is a lovely story. I remember when Lee Evans was getting all the plaudits in our league one season. I couldn't understand why. I was going round saying, 'Jack Price is 10 times the footballer that Evans is'. Price has one of the best football brains (until recently) that we have had wear the old gold. The amount of times he would break up an opposition attack simply by being able to read a situation saved us countless goals against. He's a player I loved to see and whilst I know we've moved on, I was genuinely saddened when he moved on. Reading this story makes me miss him even more as he sounds a top bloke too.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all. Over and out.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a small world
Nice one Pricey... A true Salopian!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time poster.
Decided to break my silence because this is a lovely story. I remember when Lee Evans was getting all the plaudits in our league one season. I couldn't understand why. I was going round saying, 'Jack Price is 10 times the footballer that Evans is'. Price has one of the best football brains (until recently) that we have had wear the old gold. The amount of times he would break up an opposition attack simply by being able to read a situation saved us countless goals against. He's a player I loved to see and whilst I know we've moved on, I was genuinely saddened when he moved on. Reading this story makes me miss him even more as he sounds a top bloke too.

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all. Over and out.
Agree with every word you say, and welcome aboard

Reactions: Elv
Back
Top Bottom